PDA

View Full Version : Review - Hand 2652843163 - J8o

Scuba Chuck
10-05-2005, 02:14 AM
I really liked how this hand was played. I'm learning this game, and I wanted to comment on my thought process as to the fold. Furthermore, I wanted to discuss how villain played his set.

Why I would fold (I'm looking for critical analysis on my thought process). The lead bet is great, signifying you have top pair. The raise is disconcerting as this is not a very draw heavy board, and TP6K is not an exciting hand to go to the turn with. At best I have 3 outs, but this is not a very promising proposition, not only pot odds wise, but the hand range I'm up against puts me at a significant dog. Anything else I'm missing?

Villains play (33). Villain limps and flops a set. He's excited because his opponents are building a pot for him! Does he raise the flop, or wait to bet/raise the turn? I don't know which is the better line here.

Scuba

Scuba Chuck
10-05-2005, 02:21 AM
Ok, I think we should cross-reference another similar hand that comes in later. And how/why this hand is played differently than the first.

Review - Hand 2652937554 - J8o.

Hero leads in, MP2 raises, and hero calls this time???

milesdyson
10-05-2005, 02:28 AM
there is a pretty big difference between the two hands.

one where he has J8o, he bets, gets a call, and gets raised on a J43 rainbow board. that's a drawless board (and the guy with 33 played it fine).

the other one he bets, and the guy next to act raises on a J/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif board. there are many more draws on this board, and hero has an additional out or so from his backdoor straight draw (678). villain could be raising any two spades, 98, 85, or 54 here and we could be folding the winner.

so there is a difference between the two hands.