PDA

View Full Version : JJ

Pages : [1] 2

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 01:49 AM
canterbury 30/60 9 handed

UTG opens. he is very tight. 1 fold. a loose, severely retarded player cold calls. 1 fold. I look at J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif and coldcall. monkey to my left coldcalls. folds to BB who 3-bets (this means nothing). UTG 4-bets. retarded player calls 2 more cold. I call 2 more cold. monkey to my left now caps it at 5, and all call.

Flop 5 ways 30SB: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG bets, retard calls, I call, monkey folds, BB calls.

Turn (17BB): 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, retard bets, what's my plan?

sthief09
10-05-2005, 01:56 AM
raise it up if you think the monkey would ever bet without a straight.

vmacosta
10-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Yikes! I think you severey f'd this hand up PF but given that you didnt 3-bet, I think you ought to raise flop to try and seize control/knock out 1 overcard type hands. Given that you flat called the flop bet, I think you should now go ahead and raise the turn and fold to 3-bet. I'd hate to be putting in any chips in on a black river card though. This hand gives me a headache just thinking about it.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yikes! I think you severey f'd this hand up PF

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all.

10-05-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG opens. he is very tight. 1 fold. a loose, severely retarded player cold calls. 1 fold. I look at J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif and coldcall. monkey to my left coldcalls. folds to BB who 3-bets (this means nothing). UTG 4-bets. retarded player calls 2 more cold. I call 2 more cold. monkey to my left now caps it at 5, and all call.

Flop 5 ways 30SB: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The UTG player has a better hand than you and the turn bettor or BB can easily have a straight, this is an obvious fold.....or is it? If the UTG has QQ,KK,AA, he may not call a turn raise on that board, if there is even a slight chance that the turn bettor and the BB do not have a straight than raising is better than folding, this is even true if the bettor or the bb have 2 pair and will never fold. Raising the turn would be a high risk play that can easily backfire, but this pot is huge. In my opinion, Raising the turn is your best option since this will probably force the utg tight player off of a better hand than yours, and if youre 3 bet by the turn bettor or the BB you can safely fold since that would mean you are drawing dead. Risking 2BB in this large pot is well worth it if it gives you a small chance of winning. Raising is the best play, folding the second best play, and calling would be horrible.

10-05-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yikes! I think you severey f'd this hand up PF

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerbob, I thought you played your hand fine preflop, reraising jacks PF is not the autoraise many people believe it is.

vmacosta
10-05-2005, 02:21 AM
whoops. I missed the read on utg...I no longer like any of my comments except for the turn. sorry.

daryn
10-05-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise it up if you think the monkey would ever bet without a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm i like this

Mikey
10-05-2005, 05:51 AM
i honestly like a raise in this spot.

Reasons:

1) if the idiot has nothing you are going to win a very nice pot.
2) there is almost no way (unless they are ok players who marry there hands) that an overpair can call here to that type of action.
(Bet and a raise on the turn on that type of board)
3) the pot is pretty damn big, and your play has to probably succeed a tiny percentage of the time for you to make this profitable.
4) the idiot might not even reraise with 2 pair or a straight figuring he's beat or tied
5) if the idiot does call you can check behind on the river.
6) if you beat the idiot with JJ you can probably tilt the other 2 guys for blowing them out of the pot with the winner.

You see I usually would raise here if I'm playing against other players that think like me and we have a donk in this hand, but from my experience these plays have such a low probablity of working because players get emotionally attached to their hands and they'll call hoping to god that there KK or AA will hold up. But if you think you are up against thinking players, then by all means give it a shot.

My question to you is this?

If you do raise and make it heads up on the river with the donk..... do you value bet the river?

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob,

Didn't UTG, who is "very tight" open for a raise, since everyone called until the BB "three bet?"

Would UTG 4bet preflop with Ts or 9s? AKo? AQs. What were your chances of having the best hand preflop?

Why was it not a good idea, to either fold preflop, because you believe the odds are in favor of you having a lesser hand, or raising, because you believe you have the best hand, instead of calling 2 bets cold? And, then another 2, and then another 1........

Did UTG's 4bet preflop reduce the chances of him having AK/AQs in your mind much? You know the guy, not me....I'm not even sure it's a guy.

Seems to me, with all this action from the various animals and mentally impaired players at the table, that we would want to either 1. Believe we have the best pair preflop, or 2. Have the best drawing hand preflop.

Have you ever been referred to as: "Limp-A-Long" Bob?

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I see now......how you got 9800+ posts.

daryn
10-05-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

after reading a few of your posts, i see how you lost 9800+ pots

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Why is raising the turn the best play? I don't see anyone folding to a raise unless they have squat.
Why is calling the worse play? The only thing he can hope for is that nobody has more than 2 pair and he gets a J on the river or pairs a board card that doesn't give anyone trips.
Folding is out of the question if he thinks he has a chance of winning. He needs a read on the turn bettor, i.e.; str8?
Kind of hard to read a mentally impaired person though.
Plus, UTG is still betting.......AK/AQ out of the question, so, is it AA/KK/QQ/TT/99....
I don't like Bob's chances. Let's call & pray UTG has AK/AQ of spades or clubs and we get two pair that doesn't give the guy who rode the short bus to school trips.

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Young man........anytime you want to play heads up......post the time and place on 2+2 and I'll be there.

daryn
10-05-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Young man........anytime you want to play heads up......post the time and place on 2+2 and I'll be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, a challenge! let me just say i'm not really a heads up player, and not really a fan of playing in a situation where i really don't know what my chances are, especially when i have 1,000 soft games all around me at all times,

but name the stakes!

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, a challenge! let me just say i'm not really a heads up player, and not really a fan of playing in a situation where i really don't know what my chances are, especially when i have 1,000 soft games all around me at all times,

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

The name of the stakes is the limit you feel comfortable with.

daryn
10-05-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh.. you are the one proposing this challenge, not me old man (?)

name your stakes, i can then either accept or reject your challenge

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to play you heads-up, on PokerStars, with a one time buy in of 30x the big blind for any limit up to 15/30.
I will arrange the table with PokerStars for a time 12-15 hrs from now. This will give us time to post the match on 2+2 and ensure we have a good size audience.

daryn
10-05-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to play you heads-up, on PokerStars, with a one time buy in of 30x the big blind for any limit up to 15/30.
I will arrange the table with PokerStars for a time 12-15 hrs from now. This will give us time to post the match on 2+2 and ensure we have a good size audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i accept for 15/30 (even though it is a drop down from my usual game/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) , set it!

edit: wait, $450? let's just do a 1k freezeout

Judi
10-05-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i accept for 15/30 (even though it is a drop down from my usual game/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) , set it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed support for a $900.00 freezeout or both players e-mailing support agreeing to end the match.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed support for a $900.00 freezeout or both players e-mailing support agreeing to end the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea. save that extra $100 for a nice meal you can enjoy after i rob you blind.

seriously though, i doubt they will arrange such a freezeout. we will probably have to just sit at an empty table and tell everyone that comes that we want HU.

Judi
10-05-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmm i like this

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but name the stakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea. save that extra $100 for a nice meal you can enjoy after i rob you blind.

seriously though, i doubt they will arrange such a freezeout. we will probably have to just sit at an empty table and tell everyone that comes that we want HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do have one helluva an ego. I have a better idea. I will be at Foxwoods mid-Nov.........we'll do it there.....we'll do it in my freaking room if we have to. I'll bring the chips and new cards.
Oh........by the way.......Judi is my wife; I'm 51 and have been supplementing my income for years, starting in 1980, when I was living in Sacramento.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:17 AM
hey hey now, are you backing out?

if we play live i'll go up to 150/300

p.s. oh [censored], i just read that you were 51 years old. can I back out still? i don't want to play against such a seasoned old pro!

just kidding, game on right?

p.p.s. hey, 1980! that's when i was born!

Judi
10-05-2005, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey hey now, are you backing out?

if we play live i'll go up to 150/300

p.s. oh [censored], i just read that you were 51 years old. can I back out still? i don't want to play against such a seasoned old pro!

just kidding, game on right?

p.p.s. hey, 1980! that's when i was born!

[/ QUOTE ]

Game is on. I'll drive to Boston if I have to.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:24 AM
groan. why is it so difficult talking to you?

is the $900 freezeout still on? i'm game. don't back out!

Judi
10-05-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am waiting for a reply from Pokerstars.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am waiting for a reply from Pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

god, you are dim. i will likely crush you easily. anyway, allow me to reproduce a block of text that i typed in a previous response to your idiot ass:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 07:40 AM
raise, even though the tight wad 4 bet it and the monkey is liable to have anything. After all, you have an overpair to the board and this is always ironclad invincable.

-J

Judi
10-05-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
god, you are dim. i will likely crush you easily. anyway, allow me to reproduce a block of text that i typed in a previous response to your idiot ass:

[/ QUOTE ]

I reviewed several of your past posts, and, I find that you consider a good number of people here as idiots, morons, unqualified, ignorant, etc.
If you think that calling me names and/or attacking me with your childess, pompous slander, will insult me......well, you're wrong.
In fact, it has done just the opposite. I first thought you were just an arrogant punk, when I read some of your previous posts before we got hung up in this thread. Now, I wonder if maybe you're one short of a six-pack, and, I feel sorry for you, having to go through life like you do; attacking people to compensate for your own inadequacies, whatever they may be.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I reviewed several of your past posts, and, I find that you consider a good number of people here as idiots, morons, unqualified, ignorant, etc.
If you think that calling me names and/or attacking me with your childess, pompous slander, will insult me......well, you're wrong.
In fact, it has done just the opposite. I first thought you were just an arrogant punk, when I read some of your previous posts before we got hung up in this thread. Now, I wonder if maybe you're one short of a six-pack, and, I feel sorry for you, having to go through life like you do; attacking people to compensate for your own inadequacies, whatever they may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you backing out of this challenge yes or no?

http://www.wuertzfarm.com/images/donkey%20pic%202.jpg

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's embarassed cause his wee-wee turns that purplish bluish color when he's aroused.

-J

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:48 AM
i find it funny that i'm getting called out for a heads up match, then the guy is backing out while at the same time calling me inadequate.

sthief09
10-05-2005, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise, even though the tight wad 4 bet it and the monkey is liable to have anything. After all, you have an overpair to the board and this is always ironclad invincable.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

1. let's give the "tightwad" who 4-bet it the best possible hand in all of texas hold'em, POCKET ACES!!!!!!!!1 now, make the board 9876. make it 2 bets to him. do you think he's calling?
2. jacks beat most of the hands that are included in the set of "anything" on a 9876 board
3. there are a bunch of chips in the middle of the table that go to the winner of the hand. it is not as if he is putting in 2 bets to win 1. he is putting in 2 to win 18

Judi
10-05-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you backing out of this challenge yes or no?

No, however, there is no way I'd trust someone like you to keep their word to a freeze-out in a game where they could skip whenever they wanted.
Pokerstars will have to be willing to reserve us a room that we cannot leave without mutual agreement.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:54 AM
someone like me? hahahahahah wow. i have been here for years. i'm very honorable. but that's not the point, does it really matter if i hit and run you? hit and runs don't bother me. it's all EV baby.

look, you challenged me, i accepted. now you want to back out. this thing is all too common on the internet and on this forum specifically.

put up or STFU

sthief09
I assume daryn:
1. has played enough poker that he understands and abides by proper etiquette
2. has enough of an ego to not hit n run some random shittalker that he agreed to a freezeout with

JJNJustin
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

1. let's give the "tightwad" who 4-bet it the best possible hand in all of texas hold'em, POCKET ACES!!!!!!!!1 now, make the board 9876. make it 2 bets to him. do you think he's calling?
2. jacks beat most of the hands that are included in the set of "anything" on a 9876 board
3. there are a bunch of chips in the middle of the table that go to the winner of the hand. it is not as if he is putting in 2 bets to win 1. he is putting in 2 to win 18

[/ QUOTE ]

yup that's what I said. Raise it up!

sthief09
10-05-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup that's what I said. Raise it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. your original statement was so stupid that I assumed you were being sarcastic

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume daryn:
1. has played enough poker that he understands and abides by proper etiquette
2. has enough of an ego to not hit n run some random shittalker that he agreed to a freezeout with

[/ QUOTE ]

actually in all honesty i really don't have a big ego, i just tell it like it is. i am never on here bragging (seriously) about how good i play or anything like that. i don't consider myself better than anyone on here, i don't even think about it that way (unless someone poses the question, or challenges me) , i just play my game and grind out my money.

sthief09
10-05-2005, 08:00 AM
hey judi

I would assume that in 25 years of poker you would have a clue.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me, with all this action from the various animals and mentally impaired players at the table, that we would want to either 1. Believe we have the best pair preflop, or 2. Have the best drawing hand preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

but apparently you don't, as that is the single dumbest comment I have ever seen on www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com) where the person was being serious

sthief09
10-05-2005, 08:00 AM
I was going to use reputation but 'ego' sounded MANLIER

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Personally, I prefer folding here, but a raise wouldnt be too bad. Calling would be the worst. You have no guarantee by raising that the tightwad wont cold call and the monkey wont three bet. And given the range of hands he plays, you could easily have JJ beat. But I know I am too conservative for all the aggressive players on here, so go ahead and raise and hope the tight wad folds his AA and the monkey has nothing but a pair.

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going to use reputation but 'ego' sounded MANLIER

[/ QUOTE ]

ok cool /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nice response above too

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey judi

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but apparently you don't, as that is the single dumbest comment I have ever seen on www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com) where the person was being serious

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the dumbest comment on here was "Implied odds is nice, reverse implied odds is not nice." Here, have a cookie.

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Monkey? I dont remember Phil's book having any mention of a monkey character. Hmm maybe he needs to update. The 2+2 version, which includes the monkey, the donkey, the 2+2er, and the rest of the world.

-J

Judi
10-05-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
someone like me? hahahahahah wow. i have been here for years. i'm very honorable. but that's not the point, does it really matter if i hit and run you? hit and runs don't bother me. it's all EV baby.

look, you challenged me, i accepted. now you want to back out. this thing is all too common on the internet and on this forum specifically.

put up or STFU

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been here 2 years. Whoopie. You're nothing but a thread in the crowd like the rest. You feel as if you've earned some status here, that I should understand that you wouldn't want to lose that status and/or respect that you think you have of other veteran posters, by doing a "hit&run" when you agreed to a freezeout?
Well, from the tone of your thread above, I think that's exactly what you're looking for......a quick hit n run.

You have serious issues, if you think, that just because you are supposedly well known on 2+2 that I should have no question that your word is gold and if you say freezeout, then that's what it will be.

I'm at a loss of what to say or think of you any longer. I'm done going around the block discussing what we think of each other.

If Pokerstars will setup the match, we're on.
If you want to meet in Boston, we're on.
If you want to meet in Foxwoods we're on.
If you want to meet somewhere else between WV & MA, we're on.

Otherwise, it's off.

End of discussion.

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:12 AM
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/graphics/taxonomy/animals/aves/Domestic%20Chicken/JSC%200105%20Chicken%2009.JPG

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/graphics/taxonomy/animals/aves/Domestic%20Chicken/JSC%200105%20Chicken%2009.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with this guy on Full Tilt, be careful; he never counts his eggs before they hatch.

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Ask the monkey for a banana and give it to the retard and see what he does with it.

-J

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:23 AM
someone ban this clown, mat?

Judi
10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey judi

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why else would you call 2 cold, preflop, and then another two, if you didn't think you have the best hand or a great drawing hand going into the flop with this small of a field?

sthief09
10-05-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey judi

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why else would you call 2 cold, preflop, and then another two, if you didn't think you have the best hand or a great drawing hand going into the flop with this small of a field?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh pot odds? implied odds?

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
someone ban this clown, mat?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're the clown.

-J

ALL1N
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
lol wth happened to this forum!!!

sthief09
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
if you come here, challenge him to a hu match, then back out, you should just never post here ever again.

he is not trying to hit and run you.

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey judi

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

way to welcome a newbie, especially a lady. She doesnt have but 33 posts and already some jackass has accused her of saying "the dumbest thing ever said".

I think you guys are lame. It's typical of this site. You hijack every thread with your criticism and malevolence into a personal attack on the op or someone else.

if anyone should be 'banned' it should be you geeks. I now realize how you amassed 9000 posts. You criticize the f*** out of everybody.

-J

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you come here, challenge him to a hu match, then back out, you should just never post here ever again.

he is not trying to hit and run you.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, make a new account name and hope nobody recognizes your ineptitude

JJNJustin
10-05-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm not Judy nor have I challenged anyone to a heads up match.

-J

Judi
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey judi

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh pot odds? implied odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. He's getting 2:1 on the first call. That's not all that great if he thinks UTG would only open/raise with QQ or bigger and AK/AQs. That's 18:20 in favor of him having the best hand.
It's better if we assume that's the case & we understand prior to calling the 1st 2 bets, that we'll probably be paying 4 to see the flop with monkeys & mentally handicapped players who will be calling us down. So, how often do we get a set by the river.........we'll I don't remember the exact number, however, it's the same for the overpair, if that's what UTG has, which he will almost 50% of the time, as I don't see "very tight" players open/raising UTG with 9s & Ts in this type field. They would prefer to see the flop cheap.
Your "implied" odds are cut down with each additional preflop raise.
Yes, you do have "pot odds" to call the 2nd 2 bets preflop, however, we could reassess what we think UTG has preflop and consider the fact that we are drawing to 2 outs that could still be outdrawn against us.
If it were me, I would much rather be in that position with JTs.

daryn
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody is talking to you.. now or ever.

Judi
10-05-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big, Bad, Powerful, Daryn.

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the man you refused to play, or even respond to.. yes.

1800GAMBLER
10-05-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you both send $900 to my Pokerstars account, JayP, go sit at the 2cent/4cent HU table with 50bbs, play untill there is a winner and then i'll send the money, if someone hits and runs in the freeze out they automatically lose and i send the money to the other player.

You can trust me on this since i have a business dependant on my repuation at 2+2 and stealing $1.8k just isn't worth it.

johnnycakes
10-05-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you both send $900 to my Pokerstars account, JayP, go sit at the 2cent/4cent HU table with 50bbs, play untill there is a winner and then i'll send the money, if someone hits and runs in the freeze out they automatically lose and i send the money to the other player.

You can trust me on this since i have a business dependant on my repuation at 2+2 and stealing $1.8k just isn't worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is just another example of how clique-ish/biased/elitist these forums are.

If this original strategy post had not been made by PokerBob or some other poster who always gets a lot of responses, then it would have received no replies and almost immediately fallen off the first page.

Makes me sick.

Judi
10-05-2005, 09:31 AM
I didn't refuse to play you. I refused to play you on your terms.
Let me tell you a story about a young man who befriended numerous people at the ATLARGE (Atlantic City) & FARGO (Foxwoods) tournaments a few years back. He did really well in both tournaments, and became friends with numerous people and specifically 2 players who frequented both tournaments. One who had already made a final table in a WPT event, and the other who was being tutored by the other.
The one who had already been active in WPT events, returned to these small events because they were frequented by the people who taught him how to play.
He took a young player under his wings and passed on his knowledge to him and lo & behold, they both made the same WPT final table a few years back.
Well, this other guy that I'm telling you about, the one I gave a ride to the ATLARGE event. I first met him when on RGP and met him face2face the 1st time when I picked him up on the way to Atlantic City to that ATLARGE event.
After he did really well there & respectfully at FARGO, some people thought he was pretty damn good.
I lost contact with the guy, when I stopped reading RGP, which I didn't mind, as I didn't care for the guy. I did, however, take a liking to a young kid who was learning to play. He also posted on RGP and knew, only thru RGP as I did, this guy I gave a ride to Atlantic City. I don't know what it was about the guy, but I could sense he was bad news.
Anyway, I hadn't heard from anyone, and then during the Borgata WPT week this year, I ran into the young kid at the Borgata.
Well, I asked how that guy I gave a ride was doing. You see, last year he played in the main event. He won a seat on-line.
Well, KC told me nobody has heard from him since shortly after the WPT event. Turns out the guy had done the same thing Greg Raymer had done, raised 50K by selling himself and then fell off the face of the earth after that event.
Numerous people were burnt by that, including a lady I had a lot of respect for. She did a lot of work in past years helping with the FARGO event. He did a swell job befriending her also.
So, sport, if you think that just because you have some other threads on 2+2, backing up your "honestly" that you'll sell me......we'll you're wrong. For all I know, they're just another one of your "crew." And, we all know about crooked "crews" and how they can charm on camera and pass chips off camera.
I'm 51yrs old, and the story I just told you is one of many stories, not all related to poker, where one human being screwed over another, that I have witnessed.
No, I'm not chicken. I'm just too freakin smart for you to fool, you see, that guy I gave a ride to Atlantic City, he was as arrogant as you. If you were to read some of his posts on RGP, you would find that he attacks others the same way you do.
All you have to do, is look back on some of your posts and count the number of times you belittled a poster and it should open your eyes to what you really are.

daryn
10-05-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dig baby

Judi
10-05-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have the slightest idea who you are.

ArturiusX
10-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry mate, but him hitting and running isn't you getting burnt. Put it in perspective, he's not freaking scamming you here.

You should have shut your mouth, and only offered the heads up once you had an outlet you deemed appropriate. But no, you had to wave your e-penis on the net, and say you'll prove yourself.

If daryn really is an elitist [censored] (I wouldnt know, I havent read his posts really), then why are you bothering to respond to his posts? Come on chump, telling a guy he posts nothing but air is a great way to get him to bite back, and offering a heads up match is a great way to prove your manhood.

And pulling out of your wager is a great way to show your true colours.

sthief09
10-05-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is just another example of how clique-ish/biased/elitist these forums are.

If this original strategy post had not been made by PokerBob or some other poster who always gets a lot of responses, then it would have received no replies and almost immediately fallen off the first page.

Makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you not read the thread or are you just [censored] retarded?

Piiop
10-05-2005, 09:47 AM
This person can't possibly be real. Hopefully someone bans him soon.

Judi
10-05-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry mate, but him hitting and running isn't you getting burnt. Put it in perspective, he's not freaking scamming you here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. Since you say so, I believe it now. By the way, who are you?

[ QUOTE ]
You should have shut your mouth, and only offered the heads up once you had an outlet you deemed appropriate. But no, you had to wave your e-penis on the net, and say you'll prove yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have no idea what you're talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
If daryn really is an elitist [censored] (I wouldnt know, I havent read his posts really), then why are you bothering to respond to his posts? Come on chump, telling a guy he posts nothing but air is a great way to get him to bite back, and offering a heads up match is a great way to prove your manhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

A heads up match has nothing to do with manhood and I didn't call him an elitist. I think the I referred to him as being arrogant and pompous, however, I don't think I called him any names. I may have.

[ QUOTE ]
And pulling out of your wager is a great way to show your true colours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never pulled out my wager. We just don't have a way of ensuring that one cannot hit n run in the middle of the match.

Judi
10-05-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I don't know who 1800Gambler is?

sthief09
10-05-2005, 09:52 AM
no matter what you say, it's plainly obvious that you backed out of it. if you're worried about getting hit and run wouldn't you playing him in your hotel room leave you open to the possibility that he steals your money then murders you and rapes your dead body?

Judi
10-05-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no matter what you say, it's plainly obvious that you backed out of it. if you're worried about getting hit and run wouldn't you playing him in your hotel room leave you open to the possibility that he steals your money then murders you and rapes your dead body?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif My hotel room. My friends present. He can bring his, after their ck'd for weapons.

johnnycakes
10-05-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was attempting to be humorous.
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Or did I just miss out on some second level sarcasm?

Judi
10-05-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turns out the guy had done the same thing Greg Raymer had done, raised 50K by selling himself and then fell off the face of the earth after that event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a poor job of writing the whole story and the above portion can be taken totally out of context. Raymer did pay off his backers. The guy I'm writing about, he ran off with his backer's money.

Subfallen
10-05-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I don't know who 1800Gambler is?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, more like because you're clogging up Mid/High with your inane worries about hit-and-runs. Unreal, you've been playing poker for 25 years and still haven't learned to think in terms of EV?

Nonetheless, I have to agree with sthief, your strategy content in this thread is even stupider.

daryn
10-05-2005, 10:15 AM
ok listen. why is it that i'm not worried about you hit & running?

i'll tell you, it's because i don't care! what do you think, that hit and running someone is a huge scam? what do you think i have to gain from that?

why am i even talking /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Judi
10-05-2005, 10:16 AM
[quoteI have to agree with sthief, your strategy content in this thread is even stupider.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I don't want to pay 4 bets to see a flop when I think my pocket pair is probably smaller than UTG's?

You think that's a -EV way of thinking?

If you are only an 18:20 favorite of having the best hand against UTG and there are others to act behind you, you don't reraise?

From the way the preflop betting went down, people were going to call anyway, however, not knowing what the big blind has, you need to make it two bets for him to call instead of one. Plus, you need to try and get the cutoff & button out if at all possible.

This game appears to be so insane, and we know how tight the OP is, I would think HIS 3-bet just might make someone take notice.

amulet
10-05-2005, 10:48 AM
i do not know how tight the UTG is, but i will use an example of a "rock." if a rock raises utg, and he raises with AA,KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, there are 32 non pair hands and 30 pair hands. if you have JJ then there are 32 vs 27. from here it depends on his raising standards, if he only raise preflop with AQS and not AQo, and not TT, then we are down to 20 non pair hands and 21 pairs that he could have. therefore, vs a rock you are usually about even $.

assuming the flop comes with no paint (about 50%) you are best about 50% of the time post flop. therefore, folding JJ preflop with players to act after you can be ok here mathematically! i almost never do it for one raise, but in tournaments vs a raise and reraise in a sec. and in a cash games vs a raise and reraise (opponent dependent) i have done it just a few times when i was certain about the raiser and/or reraiser. but that is tough to do, and almost never correct. however, as you see above you are in about a 50/50 situation. but, letting others call preflop decreases your expectation too much. i think vs this type of player it is often fold or raise, and you are not folding JJ, so i raise. now post your reraise it is heads up and your even money. if high cards flop vs a "rock" i am often done (unless they are usually weak tight).

as for the turn, that board is awful, and UTG (because he bet the flop with a big field) probably has a big pair and slowed down because of the board, and 3 bet BB probably has a big A. i see trouble even without the clueless player betting. as for said player, is he good enough to semi-bluff 4 players in a capped pot preflop - or dumb enough? what is your read. without my knowing just how awful he is, i think you must fold. will the big pair fold here, what is your read there? if the awful player could bet 1 pair or a draw into 4 opponents, and you think UTG will fold his big pair.......seems like a lot of IFS........i fold here. i think you are 2nd or 3ed best and i don't see aggression taking this pot.

amulet
10-05-2005, 11:09 AM
one more step. awful player could have a str8, set, 2 pair, UTG prob has bigger pair then JJ, they can't both have everything listed, but someone is ahead and it is not usually you. plus even is the highly unlikely case where you are ahead, there are so many ways to lose one the river.

DrSavage
10-05-2005, 11:10 AM
BTW, if this match of the century actually happens by some weird fluke of space-time continuum, I want to bet up to $1000 on daryn. I'll give you odds. any takers?

GetThere1Time
10-05-2005, 11:21 AM
I usually don't post in mid-high but I think I understand and I'll try to break it down in a short-short version for those who still don't.

UTG likely has a big pair and is beating Hero. If retard can bet without a straight a raise accomplishes a few things:

-UTG folds a hand that's beating us in a huge pot.
-Even if the betting retard has two pair, UTG folding cleans up our 2 pair outs.
-We can likely take a free showdown if necessary.
-Hands behind us that may have 6 outs or more might fold where it might be correct for them to call.

elindauer
10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi PokerBob,

First, I note that if you choose to play, you need to raise. UTG may be in with a big pair, but as a tight player, he may well muck it if it's 2 cold to him and he's not closing the action.

So, raise or fold? This guy is a retard and the pot is big. If he's betting 2 pair, you definitely want to raise. Further, you probably have at least 3 outs to half the pot, maybe as many as 8 when you are behind. In light of all the ways you can draw out and the size of the pot, I think a raise is in order.

Good luck.
Eric

ClaytonN
10-05-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is raising the turn the best play? I don't see anyone folding to a raise unless they have squat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Squad as in non-straight, sure.

One of the complexities here is that our best chance of winning this pot is isolating the retard. He could have a straight, yes, but him being a retard gives him the best chance of not having the nuts here. The same can not be said for the players behind you on the turn.

In a live game I like a turn raise with it being the last bet invested in the hand barring extreme circumstances.

NYplayer
10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone tell me what's wrong with these two statements?

Entity
10-05-2005, 11:42 AM
judi,

You are wise to be concerned about the risk of hit and run versus a known scammer like daryn. Look at what I discovered while doing a little bit of clandestine research in IRC (Internet Relay Chat, if you're not up-to-date on the Internet).

[ QUOTE ]

[08:40] <daryn> i had this big scheme planned
[08:40] <daryn> where i would hit and run him for a few hundred
[08:40] <daryn> but he cleverly avoided my trap!

[/ QUOTE ]

stinkypete
10-05-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gold.

kurosh
10-05-2005, 11:49 AM
I am 63 years old and have been playing since 1976 in Vegas. I am glad you figured this out before someone reasonable could warn you Judi. These young internet players have no respect or understanding of a poker player's honor, not like the old days. I played a 5k "freezeout" with daryn, but after a few hands, daryn was up a couple hundred and left without saying a god damn thing to me. I've told my story before, but none of these cliquish bastards believe me. I bet they all circle-jerk during their get togethers. You did good by not falling into their trap.

DcifrThs
10-05-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone tell me what's wrong with these two statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

oooo, oooo, oooo ... me me me, ms. hoover me!!!! ooo, ooo, im oh so smart and talented, RECOGNIZE ME!!!

lol, anyways, we knew this wasn't going to happen, daryn would play her on his/her terms just the same...but b/c daryn accepted so quickly and redily, it seems he/she now realizes he's/she's about to get crushed.

Barron

tpir90036
10-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Look. I took the day off from work and I want to see some excitement. If someone could explain to me how this long, poorly written and confusing story has anything to do with being hit and run for a few BBs by Daryn I would love to hear it.

The two are in no way comprable since one is money being stolen and the other is money won from poker by playing.

Please just safe face and admit you are backing out. I would be willing to put up money guaranteeing that Daryn does not hit and run if you can come up with acceptable terms.

DeeJ
10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Let's see if I can spot the problem.

Hmm.. the first one seems clear enough.. hmmm, the second one seems a little strange.... I got it!

The first one isn't true? /images/graemlins/grin.gif and Jodi is all mouth and no trousers? (http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/19/messages/511.html)

DeeJ
10-05-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he/she now realizes he's/she's about to get crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't we used to extend this to "he/she/it" (eg Matador) to indicate an appropriate level of disapproval? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeeJ
10-05-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am 63 years old and have been playing since 1976 in Vegas. I am glad you figured this out before someone reasonable could warn you Judi. These young internet players have no respect or understanding of a poker player's honor, not like the old days. I played a 5k "freezeout" with daryn, but after a few hands, daryn was up a couple hundred and left without saying a god damn thing to me. I've told my story before, but none of these cliquish bastards believe me. I bet they all circle-jerk during their get togethers. You did good by not falling into their trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, this is /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif funny.
If this is not true, this is /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif funny.

which reminds me, when is the next circle get-together?

DcifrThs
10-05-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look. I took the day off from work and I want to see some excitement. If someone could explain to me how this long, poorly written and confusing story has anything to do with being hit and run for a few BBs by Daryn I would love to hear it.

The two are in no way comprable since one is money being stolen and the other is money won from poker by playing.

Please just safe face and admit you are backing out. I would be willing to put up money guaranteeing that Daryn does not hit and run if you can come up with acceptable terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont want you to take ALL the risk. I will place 1/2 the 900 on PS, and you place the other 450 there and we will transfer it to JUDI IF daryn backs out before the end of the match.

if judi doesn't think you or I will transfer the money, she can go look up MY threads and YOUR threads, specifically me offering 100bucks each to somebody finding me an avatar. i pay promptly and when it comes to poker as am honorable as it can get. and i'll vouch for joey as well, judi so if he doesn't put up HIS side, i'll put it up (but i can assure you tpir will not allow me to do that b/c i'd never let him live it down /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

-Barron

Justin A
10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was attempting to be humorous.
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Or did I just miss out on some second level sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol nice work then.

bicyclekick
10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ith a one time buy in of 30x the big blind for any limit up to 15/30.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make yourself sound all badass then offer up to 15 freaking 30??? What a waste of time.

Go play on crypto. They have high-limit heads up tables. And the button is in the right spot.

Victor
10-05-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. He's getting 2:1 on the first call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, hes actually getting 5.5:2 immediately. in this game you can gaurantee that some more players are gonna call 2 and that a blind or 2 will jump in. its live, people play bad and people like to play cuz their bored from playing live.

[ QUOTE ]
That's not all that great if he thinks UTG would only open/raise with QQ or bigger and AK/AQs. That's 18:20 in favor of him having the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares if he has the best hand right now. its 8:1 to flop a set and you can be damn sure he is gonna get action in this multiway pot. gimme 22 and im callin here.

[ QUOTE ]
So, how often do we get a set by the river.........we'll I don't remember the exact number, however, it's the same for the overpair, if that's what UTG has, which he will almost 50% of the time,

[/ QUOTE ]

set over set is super rare and you really shouldnt be worried about it.

[ QUOTE ]
as I don't see "very tight" players open/raising UTG with 9s & Ts in this type field. They would prefer to see the flop cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree here.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you do have "pot odds" to call the 2nd 2 bets preflop, however, we could reassess what we think UTG has preflop and consider the fact that we are drawing to 2 outs that could still be outdrawn against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope you are not advocating folding for the 2 more bets. utg could flip over aa and i would still call.

[ QUOTE ]
f it were me, I would much rather be in that position with JTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you would make more money with 22 than jts here.

Evan
10-05-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make yourself sound all badass then offer up to 15 freaking 30??? What a waste of time.

Go play on crypto. They have high-limit heads up tables. And the button is in the right spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/12/27/inside1-guinness.jpg

10-05-2005, 01:00 PM
if you think the turn bettor is the type to auto-bet scary boards and the tight UTG player will let go an overpair here than raising should be considered, especially if you can get head up with so much dead money. you only have to be ahead or drawing live occasionally to make this worth the risk.

- weatherly

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been referred to as: "Limp-A-Long" Bob?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, usually just pokerbob.

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 01:09 PM
http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/703/amulet8wf.jpg

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 01:11 PM
THey have tables online that are heads up sit and gos. That means it's kind of like a tournament and you can't leave until someone has all the money. Play one of these and no one could hit and run the other.

Or are you just full of [censored]? In which case I think you should be banned for wasting everyone's time. (This won't happen, but it should)

tpir90036
10-05-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont want you to take ALL the risk. I will place 1/2 the 900 on PS, and you place the other 450 there and we will transfer it to JUDI IF daryn backs out before the end of the match.

if judi doesn't think you or I will transfer the money, she can go look up MY threads and YOUR threads, specifically me offering 100bucks each to somebody finding me an avatar. i pay promptly and when it comes to poker as am honorable as it can get. and i'll vouch for joey as well, judi so if he doesn't put up HIS side, i'll put it up (but i can assure you tpir will not allow me to do that b/c i'd never let him live it down /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
I am fine with that.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow is this sooooooooooooooooo wrong.

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Squad as in non-straight, sure.

One of the complexities here is that our best chance of winning this pot is isolating the retard. He could have a straight, yes, but him being a retard gives him the best chance of not having the nuts here. The same can not be said for the players behind you on the turn.

In a live game I like a turn raise with it being the last bet invested in the hand barring extreme circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

All we have is the BB (who checked), UTG (who bet out on the turn)and the Mentally Handicapped (who called the bet).
If we raise, we are not going to get BB out if he is on a str8 or flush draw. If he calls, he probably has 88, as he re-raised preflop, or, a big flush draw, and will call. Or a set and will re-raise.
Why charge draws the max price to see the river, when we are not sure where we stand against UTG?

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Either this match needs to happen within 24 hrs or Judi needs to be banned. His/her unintentional humor was funny for a little while but I think its run its course.

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this soooooooooooooooooo much explains how you have so many posts to your credit.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this soooooooooooooooooo much explains how you have so many posts to your credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does?

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Finally! Someone with a post that has some meat in it. Thanks Victor.

[ QUOTE ]
ummm, hes actually getting 5.5:2 immediately. in this game you can gaurantee that some more players are gonna call 2 and that a blind or 2 will jump in. its live, people play bad and people like to play cuz their bored from playing live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Here you are assuming UTG has a bigger overpair.
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif v. 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
22 wins 18.20% of the time.
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif wins 21.55% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
who cares if he has the best hand right now. its 8:1 to flop a set and you can be damn sure he is gonna get action in this multiway pot. gimme 22 and im callin here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 8.4:1 to flop a set. With 22 you are going to pay 5 bets preflop * 8.4 times = 42 bets, before flopping that set.
When you flop it, you will have 20 bets from your opponents in the pot. You now need 22 more, which is 11 BB, and, you need the flush and straight and another set not come on the turn or river, just to break even.

[ QUOTE ]
set over set is super rare and you really shouldnt be worried about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about set v. set by the river, not on the flop. You flop your set of 2s and AA is only 10.88:1 dog. Hell, he's getting sufficient implied odds to call the turn at 22:1.

[ QUOTE ]
hope you are not advocating folding for the 2 more bets. utg could flip over aa and i would still call.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He is trapped.

shant
10-05-2005, 02:29 PM
This thread gets two snaps up.

mosta
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All we have is the BB (who checked), UTG (who bet out on the turn)and the Mentally Handicapped (who called the bet). ...

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG didn't bet the turn.

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing. I found a testimonial. I did not think it would happen. I did, however, expect to receive this when I woke... I will not respond to it, to avoid being banned, however, one can read the first few threads between daryn & I in this post to understand how this all came about.
It's from Evan:
You have 44 posts and way too many of them involve you trying to push daryn's buttons for no apparent reason in PokerBob's mid/high thread. Either stop being a troll or I'm going to ban you.

If you want to play daryn heads up then do it, if you don't then please stop talking about it and clogging up what's supposed to be a STRATEGY forum. If you decide to play, have a time AND venue set then fel free to post somswhere so that people can watch; until that point nobody cares or wants to hear about it.

-evan

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All we have is the BB (who checked), UTG (who bet out on the turn)and the Mentally Handicapped (who called the bet). ...

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. It was the flop he led out. So, what do we put UTG on now? 2 big overcards w/o a flush draw? If so, why did he bet into a black flop with red overcards?
I think he might be resigning to the fact he may be beat, but calling down, if not too expensive, with his overpair.

UTG didn't bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i do not know how tight the UTG is, but i will use an example of a "rock." if a rock raises utg, and he raises with AA,KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, there are 32 non pair hands and 30 pair hands. if you have JJ then there are 32 vs 27. from here it depends on his raising standards, if he only raise preflop with AQS and not AQo, and not TT, then we are down to 20 non pair hands and 21 pairs that he could have. therefore, vs a rock you are usually about even $.

assuming the flop comes with no paint (about 50%) you are best about 50% of the time post flop. therefore, folding JJ preflop with players to act after you can be ok here mathematically! i almost never do it for one raise, but in tournaments vs a raise and reraise in a sec. and in a cash games vs a raise and reraise (opponent dependent) i have done it just a few times when i was certain about the raiser and/or reraiser. but that is tough to do, and almost never correct. however, as you see above you are in about a 50/50 situation. but, letting others call preflop decreases your expectation too much. i think vs this type of player it is often fold or raise, and you are not folding JJ, so i raise. now post your reraise it is heads up and your even money. if high cards flop vs a "rock" i am often done (unless they are usually weak tight).

as for the turn, that board is awful, and UTG (because he bet the flop with a big field) probably has a big pair and slowed down because of the board, and 3 bet BB probably has a big A. i see trouble even without the clueless player betting. as for said player, is he good enough to semi-bluff 4 players in a capped pot preflop - or dumb enough? what is your read. without my knowing just how awful he is, i think you must fold. will the big pair fold here, what is your read there? if the awful player could bet 1 pair or a draw into 4 opponents, and you think UTG will fold his big pair.......seems like a lot of IFS........i fold here. i think you are 2nd or 3ed best and i don't see aggression taking this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus! Someone who really earns his title of Addict! A quantitive post, with an in-depth analysis of how he arrives at his decision.
So much more authoritive than.........

"you are sooooooooooooooooo wrong."

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you attempting to draw the ire of everyone? please go away.

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get a summary dude?

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus! Someone who really earns his title of Addict! A quantitive post, with an in-depth analysis of how he arrives at his decision.
So much more authoritive than.........

"you are sooooooooooooooooo wrong."

[/ QUOTE ]

go away

Judi
10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

You are wise to be concerned about the risk of hit and run versus a known scammer like daryn. Look at what I discovered while doing a little bit of clandestine research in IRC (Internet Relay Chat, if you're not up-to-date on the Internet).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Entity, however, I am not up on internet chat. Perhaps, Evan, who threatened to ban me, is. You could possibly advise him of how to verify this and he could ban daryn for trying to setup posters.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

judi starts ripping on daryn and challenges him HU to whatever stakes he wants. daryn tells judi to pick and he weakly picks 15/30. daryn says ok lets do it. judi then says OMG YOU MIGHT TRY TO HIT N RUN. and refuses to play unless they can get a freezeout setup by pokerstars support. he then claims he will play in person at foxwoods and some other places and spouts some other random crap, all while managing to give some terrible advice regarding the hand in question.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Entity, however, I am not up on internet chat. Perhaps, Evan, who threatened to ban me, is. You could possibly advise him of how to verify this and he could ban daryn for trying to setup posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

gold

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an excellent idea. evan?

sfer
10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.thegreatescapeonline.com/nonmuze/images/STAR11699.jpg

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG (who bet out on the turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord. this says it all.

J.A.Sucker
Uh, suck it up and raise. Big pot, things worked out great for you, since you might get it headsup with the idiot and fold out the best hand. Now I guess I'll see why this hand has 10^34232 views and responses.

Lurker4
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Amazing. I found a testimonial. I did not think it would happen. I did, however, expect to receive this when I woke... I will not respond to it, to avoid being banned, however, one can read the first few threads between daryn & I in this post to understand how this all came about.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread rocks

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

judi starts ripping on daryn and challenges him HU to whatever stakes he wants. daryn tells judi to pick and he weakly picks 15/30. daryn says ok lets do it. judi then says OMG YOU MIGHT TRY TO HIT N RUN. and refuses to play unless they can get a freezeout setup by pokerstars support. he then claims he will play in person at foxwoods and some other places and spouts some other random crap, all while managing to give some terrible advice regarding the hand in question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You. Why didn't they just play a $1,000 headsup SNG on stars? /images/graemlins/confused.gif Oh thats right, because this is a troll.

Evan
10-05-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not up on internet chat. Perhaps, Evan, who threatened to ban me, is.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I TOTALLY AM!

[ QUOTE ]
You could possibly advise him of how to verify this and he could ban daryn for trying to setup posters.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will get right on that!

p.s. PLEASE STOP BEING A WASTE OF SPERM!

shant
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good summary except you forgot to mention your boy JNJustin getting mixed up in the whole mess and confusing the matter even more. I think it's worth reading the whole thread to see daryn handling both of them.

Judi
[ QUOTE ]
Either this match needs to happen within 24 hrs or Judi needs to be banned. His/her unintentional humor was funny for a little while but I think its run its course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I need to play the match under others terms or be banned. I am not responding, as advised by Evan, to posts about the match or daryn. I am only posting replies to replies to others who post about the hand play, and, others who make ignorant comments towards me, of which, I feel a reply is necessary.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 02:59 PM
for those of you wondering what all the fuss is about, i will summarize for you.
-i post a hand that i think provides an interesting situation
-some people respond; i go to bed
-i arise to find that Judi and Daryn have attempted to find a time and place where they can measure cocks to see whose is larger
-initially it seems that cock-measuring terms are agreed upon
-after some bantar, it appears the Judi is concerned that Daryn may indeed have a larger cock and/or that daryn may attempt to cut off Judi's cock. Judi begins to zip up.
-Daryn seems to have no problem with exposing his cock nor does he fear Judi will cut off said cock
-Judi seems to be a bit of a troll
-i played the hand very poorly and have not played well of late
-i beat off this morning

EDIT: in bold

Judi
10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I TOTALLY AM!

[ QUOTE ]
You could possibly advise him of how to verify this and he could ban daryn for trying to setup posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And now, Evan, who threatened to ban me for being a waste of sperm, is having his kicks.
It's quite evident, from your post here, that your authority on this site is zilch.

Justin A
10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Banning Daryn wouldn't do any good. He'll continue doing a ton of hit & run jobs on unsuspecting online players whether he's a 2+2 member or not. He's a cheater I say!

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I need to play the match under others terms or be banned. I am not responding, as advised by Evan, to posts about the match or daryn. I am only posting replies to replies to others who post about the hand play, and, others who make ignorant comments towards me, of which, I feel a reply is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I am in favor of you being banned whether the match happens or not, but I think it would be nice if daryn at least got to hit n run you for a few hundred as payback for wasting everyones time.

tpir90036
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Setup posters for what?!?!?! It is not illegal or against the rules of 2+2 to win someone's money from them at a poker table and then leave. Clearly you understand this. Or maybe you don't. That would be sad.

Entity
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will look into that. I am afraid to step on any toes, though, as I do not want Evan to ban me for making moderatorial decisions when I am not a moderator.

Evan
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing we got that cleared up. Maybe I wasn't specific enough, I'll try once more; you have 40something posts and have not yet earned the right to hijack threads for the sole purpose of waving around your e-peen (which based on this lack luster challenge is pretty small, even by e-peen standards).

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I TOTALLY AM!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And now, Evan, who threatened to ban me for being a waste of sperm, is having his kicks.
It's quite evident, from your post here, that your authority on this site is zilch.

[/ QUOTE ]

god are you an idiot. evan is <font color="green"> GREEN </font> , which means his authority is not zilch. he may be short, immature, into bestiality and women's shoes, but it doesn't mean he has no authority. again, go away.

Justin A
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I TOTALLY AM!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hear that Evan? Now stop all of this Gestapo talk.

sfer
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's short, too.

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I am in favor of you being banned whether the match happens or not, but I think it would be nice if daryn at least got to hit n run you for a few hundred as payback for wasting everyones time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read this whole thread, and I for one's time was in no way wasted. Five stars.

Judi
10-05-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for those of you wondering what all the fuss is about, i will summarize for you.
-i arise to find that Judi and Daryn have attempted to find a time and place where they can measure cocks to see whose is larger
-after some bantar, it appears the Judi is concerned that Daryn may indeed have a larger cock and/or that daryn may attempt to cut off Judi's cock. Judi begins to zip up.
-Daryn seems to have problem with exposing his cock nor does he fear Judi will cut off said cock
-i beat off this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif So well done PokerBob! This is the Bob I know. You earned a GOLD STAR for this one. Well done /images/graemlins/spade.gif

obsidian
10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
I think a thread this long needs results. However, I only did a search over the thread for 'result' as it is way too long to read it all, so it may have been posted already.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Daryn seems to have problem with exposing his cock nor does he fear Judi will cut off said cock
-i beat off this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif So well done PokerBob! This is the Bob I know. You earned a GOLD STAR for this one. Well done /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't know me at all. again, go away.

Dominic
10-05-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-i beat off this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

bob...I respect your posts on here, but I think you played preflop very poorly. Once it's capped and it's two more bets to you, why are you calling? You know UTG has a better hand than you, right?

Also, the others are right - raise the turn and maybe you can get UTG to fold.

But wait....what hand that you beat could the retard possibly be betting? 99 or TT? can you put him on exactly one of these two hands?

If you had just folded pre-flop once it was capped, you wouldn't be in this dilemma. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Justin A
10-05-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read this whole thread, and I for one's time was in no way wasted. Five stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/allredjustin/5stars.jpg

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-i beat off this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

bob...I respect your posts on here, but I think you played preflop very poorly. Once it's capped and it's two more bets to you, why are you calling? You know UTG has a better hand than you, right?

Also, the others are right - raise the turn and maybe you can get UTG to fold.

But wait....what hand that you beat could the retard possibly be betting? TT?

If you had just folded pre-flop once it was capped, you wouldn't be in this dilemma. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I was 50/50 vs. UTG's range. The rest of the donks in there is why i continued, as i figured there would be enough overlay if i got a flop i liked. i play bad.

Justin A
[ QUOTE ]
But wait....what hand that you beat could the retard possibly be betting? TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you missed the part describing him as a retard.

BottlesOf
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/9562/11hemingwaysapprove3we.jpg

THIS THREAD ROCKS!

ggbman
10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
This is [censored] ridiculous. There is obviously no way Judi is going to accept a HU match, as acceptable terms have already been offered, so everyone stop wasting your time trying to make this happen, Judi is obviously scared to play Darryn.

And Judi, coming into a thread, flaming someone for having a lot of posts, challenging them to heads up match, then backing out is one of the most stupid and pussy things i have seen. Going on about how you are 51 and too wise to get scammed makes it even worse. Don't pick a fight you can't win.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you had just folded pre-flop once it was capped, you wouldn't be in this dilemma.

[/ QUOTE ]
pleeeeeease tell me this is a joke.

shant
10-05-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you had just folded pre-flop once it was capped, you wouldn't be in this dilemma.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe these preflop folders missed the part about the pot having like 49SBs in it when it comes back around.

Justin A
10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is [censored] ridiculous. There is obviously no way Judi is going to accept a HU match, as acceptable terms have already been offered, so everyone stop wasting your time trying to make this happen, Judi is obviously scared to play Darryn.

And Judi, coming into a thread, flaming someone for having a lot of posts, challenging them to heads up match, then backing out is one of the most stupid and pussy things i have seen. Going on about how you are 51 and too wise to get scammed makes it even worse. Don't pick a fight you can't win.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://starbulletin.com/2004/03/15/sports/nit-newyork.jpg

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe these preflop folders missed the part about the pot having like 49SBs in it when it comes back around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait there is a hand to discuss in this thread now? I need to go back...

Judi
10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
god are you an idiot. evan is <font color="green"> GREEN </font> , which means his authority is not zilch. he may be short, immature, into bestiality and women's shoes, but it doesn't mean he has no authority. again, go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Green doesn't scare me........now Red, on Sunday, when the guy I have $100.00 on is only 2 strokes ahead of Tiger, scares me, however, green, from someone who shows no respect to posters, gets zilch respect.

I am sure, that before I am banned, a review of all my threads in the post will occur, and, they will find that I showed at least as much respect to those who attacked me.

For instance: Is there one thread of mine in this post in which I called you an idiot, as you did me?

You may have a couple thousand posts here on 2+2, however, you are not above reproach.

Best regards

Entity
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
daryn
Hit and run artist

[/ QUOTE ]

ggbman
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Did you just call me a nit!? That's it heads up freezeout, i'll email stars.

Justin A
10-05-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok but lets market this thing:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/255621.jpg

Dominic
10-05-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

18 SBs in the pot when it comes back around to our hero and it's 2 bets to him. Learn to count. He knows the UTG player has him beat AND he's not getting the odds to flop a set. Granted, the implied odds are pretty great and if you want to play one, loose capped pre-flop hand, migh as wll be this one.

But I don't think that's his question.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For instance: Is there one thread of mine in this post in which I called you an idiot, as you did me?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you have not called me an idiot. how does that change the fact that you clearly are one?

Judi
10-05-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/9562/11hemingwaysapprove3we.jpg

THIS THREAD ROCKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Johnny, looks like you read the whole thread, so, you tell me. Am I a total idiot when it comes to my analysis of this hand?

ggbman
10-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Ok, but just in case it wasn't clear before, i want you to drive up to Boston to play me, internet poker is rigged. Also, you should hire a dealer because i don't trust you dealing. And to anyone who doesn't understand why i am being so picky, trust me, i have been around a while and seen some crazy [censored]...

Judi
10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you have not called me an idiot. how does that change the fact that you clearly are one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than get into another one-on-one argument, I'll let JohnnyBoomBoom call it.

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
To be honest, I skipped over the actual strategic discusion and have been focusing on the judi/daryn drama, which has made my day.

I think you are using a fear of being "hit and run" as an extremely lame excuse to back out on your proposed challenge which you didn't realize you'd be taken up on.

This fear is lame for 3 reasons.

1. It won't happen. Daryn would not do that and frankly, he wants your money. If he jumps to an early lead, he won't go, he will take the rest.

2. All of 2+2 will be watching, and while you may think that doesn't mean anything as "who are we anyway?" but this is a tightly knit community that rely on each other for a lot including poker advice and in some cases staking realtionships involving considerable sums of money, which they wouldn't be able to obtain without being known on 2+2. Many people know each other personally and have freindships/business relationships as a result of this forum.

3. There are tables you could sit at (perhaps not on Stars) that would force a freeze out structure. Where a "hit and run" is impossible and result in that person losing.

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 03:46 PM
done (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3586223&amp;page=0&amp;view=e xpanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1)

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Is there anyone you trust on this site? If so, I will send that person $900 if you play this match v. daryn. If daryn skips out prior on the freezeout, you can keep the $900 from me.

If you are into playing more freezeouts, I will play you for up to $50,000, any game.

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Haha, dcifr, maybe you are a good guy after all, as you seem to have beaten me to this great idea.

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UB as well. Game on up to 300/600.

Judi
10-05-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I skipped over the actual strategic discusion and have been focusing on the judi/daryn drama, which has made my day.

I think you are using a fear of being "hit and run" as an extremely lame excuse to back out on your proposed challenge which you didn't realize you'd be taken up on.

1. It won't happen. Daryn would not do that and frankly, he wants your money. If he jumps to an early lead, he won't go, he will take the rest.

2. All of 2+2 will be watching, and while you may think that doesn't mean anything as "who are we anyway?" but this is a tightly knit community that rely on each other for a lot including poker advice and in some cases staking realtionships involving considerable sums of money, which they wouldn't be able to obtain without being known on 2+2. Many people know each other personally and have freindships/business relationships as a result of this forum.

3. There are tables you could sit at (perhaps not on Stars) that would force a freeze out structure. Where a "hit and run" is impossible and result in that person losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, the above, it's a response from a level headed, intelligent person, who addresses another in a mature manner.
I admit that I got out of line with daryn; his brash tone got under my skin. What can I say, other than, I had been playing since noon on Tuesday, got home at 4am, had to run to Sheetz for sumpin to eat, came home and read 2+2 and got caught up in the exchange.
Maybe it was my way of relieving the frustration of having played 15 hours and lost $165.00 in a 15/30 game.
Whatever the case may be, I am ignoring that issue, as the match will never occur on-line.

My question to you was, however, in reference to my analysis of the hand.
Since you did not read the meat of the Post, I will go with what has been posted by those who did.

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Fair enough. The only thing you are mistaken on is what is the meat of this thread. It is certainly not the original hand.

10-05-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What can I say, other than, I had been playing since noon on Tuesday, got home at 4am, had to run to Sheetz for sumpin to eat, came home and read 2+2 and got caught up in the exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about sorry? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MaxPower
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
How did I miss this thread for so long?

PokerBob, raising the turn is the right move. You know that and I'm sure that is what you did. Whether you should have re-raised pre-flop is another question. I think you should even against a tight player, but I can see why you didn't.

Judi, you are out of your element.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, the above, it's a response from a level headed, intelligent person, who addresses another in a mature manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, your logic is awful. just because JBB addresses you in a mature manner does not make him level-headed or intelligent. he doesn't even own a microwave for crying out loud.

brick
I can't wait for a 2+2 heads-up freeze out challenge match to actually take place.
TSP, where are you?
Judi, you won't miss $900.
Lil Feller, I'm ready to take you on. j/k

Judi
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone you trust on this site? If so, I will send that person $900 if you play this match v. daryn. If daryn skips out prior on the freezeout, you can keep the $900 from me.

If you are into playing more freezeouts, I will play you for up to $50,000, any game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks El Diablo, however, I do not know anyone on this site personally. I have never even met anyone.

As far as playing you for 50k..........I don't have a bankroll large enough to risk 5k of it on 1 heads up match.

As far as playing on-line, I believe that's a lose/lose proposition for me.

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then why did you bring it up in the first place?

amulet
10-05-2005, 04:29 PM
johnney, do you have better things to do with your time, or when they let you out this is how you express your creativity? clearly you need a life.

judi, if you disagree, the expain why. you post is meaningless, it has no substance. this form is for discussions. would you like to expain where you disagree with me?

bob, were you posting to me or to judi?

Judi
10-05-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What can I say, other than, I had been playing since noon on Tuesday, got home at 4am, had to run to Sheetz for sumpin to eat, came home and read 2+2 and got caught up in the exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me explain how this all got started......I had read another recent post by daryn, in which he attacked the poster, telling him he obviously doesn't belong in this forum, or something to that effect. I am not going to search his past threads, but it is only a day or two old.

Then, his first response in this post is: hmmmmmm.I like this.
Kind of like someone who trails known quality players and shadows them. So, I read some of his past posts and found him to be very abrasive and responded to his empty reply (of which many are) and the exchange was on.

Now, if you read all the exchanges between the 2 of us, you will find, I do believe, that I was more polite than he, therefore, there will not be a "sorry" forthcoming from me.

sfer
10-05-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About as ridiculous as trying to be the voice of reason on an internet forum Guernica.

ChicagoTroy
10-05-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me explain how this all got started......I had read another recent post by daryn, in which he attacked the poster, telling him he obviously doesn't belong in this forum, or something to that effect. I am not going to search his past threads, but it is only a day or two old.

Then, his first response in this post is: hmmmmmm.I like this.
Kind of like someone who trails known quality players and shadows them. So, I read some of his past posts and found him to be very abrasive and responded to his empty reply (of which many are) and the exchange was on.

Now, if you read all the exchanges between the 2 of us, you will find, I do believe, that I was more polite than he, therefore, there will not be a "sorry" forthcoming from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have mad subject changing skills.

Judi
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then why did you bring it up in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought it up while in a bad frame of mind, having been up almost 24 hrs. and having had an unprofitable 15 hrs of poker.
I do not play for any kind of real money on line. After having slept &amp; re-evaluated the situation, I find, that I stepped in front of a fan, that has numerous posters pissing into it from behind.
I know I can play quality heads-up poker, however, I am use to seeing my opponent.
I will be at Foxwoods mid November. (this year)

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
johnney

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

And, I had some down time at work. The picture I drew for you brought me and some people I know a great deal of enjoyment.

Judi
10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
judi, if you disagree, the expain why. you post is meaningless, it has no substance. this form is for discussions. would you like to expain where you disagree with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with you.

[ QUOTE ]
bob, were you posting to me or to judi?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he was posting to me. My: "so much better than you are soooooooooooooooooo wrong." was referring to an empty reply Bob made in disagreement to me.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Who/what is Guernica?

ethan
10-05-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who/what is Guernica?

[/ QUOTE ] Guernica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernica_%28painting%29)

Catt
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Bob, you obviously did not read JJNJustin's post right here on the front page of the forum. The real mistake was calling the flop. Remember "implied odds are nice; reverse implied odds are not." Don't give me some crap about pot odds either; the error is staring you right in the face.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
You guys are all cultured and [censored]...

Catt
10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all cultured and [censored]...

[/ QUOTE ]

Art History next semester, dude.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Lol, i don't even think they have art history here. I'm sure they do somewhere, no one takes it though, everyone is focused on business. On another thread hi-jacking tangent, i do find philosphy to be surprisingly interesting...

Catt
10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lol, i don't even think they have art history here. I'm sure they do somewhere, no one takes it though, everyone is focused on business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you chose your school for its academic rigor. I would like to be all adult and say "nh" but cannot bring myself to do so.

Also, I suspect that by the 2nd semester of sophomore year (if not sooner), many of your colleagues will be searching our Art History 101, Sociology 101, History of American Media, etc. to round out their semester hours, regardless of the nature of the school. If you refuse to believe me, I challenge you to a HU freeze-out. Must happen in the bed of my brother's pick-up truck as it careens down the PCH, during the month of February, with $237 at stake. Don't be a chicken on this one, Gabe.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Oh it's on, no one talks to me like that! Who would have though because of one jackass starting [censored], i would get myself into two heads up matches with two of the best hush posters? Good stuff.

sthief09
10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Amulet,

[censored] you.

Josh

Klepton
10-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Daryn: 35
Judi: -6
JJJustin or whatever: ban him right now

great thread.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

18 SBs in the pot when it comes back around to our hero and it's 2 bets to him. Learn to count. He knows the UTG player has him beat AND he's not getting the odds to flop a set. Granted, the implied odds are pretty great and if you want to play one, loose capped pre-flop hand, migh as wll be this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, i feel like a total sucker for replying to this, cuz he clearly is getting the odds to flop a set. 18:2 is 9:1 which is easily enough not to mention the fact taht his implied odds are like a gazilion to 1. so basically i refuse to believe that you are serious. my sarcasm detector must be broken.

DcifrThs
10-05-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, dcifr, maybe you are a good guy after all, as you seem to have beaten me to this great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Stuff.

Spicymoose
10-05-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread has been amazing, and I don't normally say anything about them, but this part made me laugh out loud. Great thread, really. Too bad there was no actual match or actual banning though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, someone just pointed out to me that it was actually tpir who came up w/ the idea, not you. I already knew tpir was smart and cool.

amulet
10-05-2005, 07:09 PM
elevating the form? nice to be productive and friendly here.

amulet
10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
it is the small things in life that give people the most pleasure.

amulet
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
justin,

i have no idea why you responded in such a hostile angry manner. does you life suck so much? this is a form to share ideas and to discuss poker, with others who love poker. so why attack? why not treat each other nicely?

grow up, or soon or later someone might drive up to columbia and have a conversation in person.

Cancuk
10-05-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
judi,

[ QUOTE ]

[08:40] &lt;daryn&gt; i had this big scheme planned
[08:40] &lt;daryn&gt; where i would hit and run him for a few hundred
[08:40] &lt;daryn&gt; but he cleverly avoided my trap!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gold

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
justin,

i have no idea why you responded in such a hostile angry manner. does you life suck so much? this is a form to share ideas and to discuss poker, with others who love poker. so why attack? why not treat each other nicely?

grow up, or soon or later someone might drive up to columbia and have a conversation in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Josh needs to warn "Justin" about this.

This thread is funny and depressing at the same time.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Its generally too funny to be depressing.

baronzeus
10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, someone just pointed out to me that it was actually tpir who came up w/ the idea, not you. I already knew tpir was smart and cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you really enjoy [censored] with his mind dont you

etizzle
10-05-2005, 07:41 PM
i'll take it at 3-1

chuddo
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
can this not be easily settled by a 1k limit headsup sit-n-go on pokerstars?

they are continuously running, no one ever really plays the 1k limit, and no emails necessary.

there is plenty of play involved as you get in a good amount of hands because of the slow levels.

so judi, 1k hu match on stars? im positive daryn would accept.

Klepton
10-05-2005, 07:58 PM
i am pretty sure that every mid-high stakes poster hates you.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
And why is that?

jason_t
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/apj.jpg

amulet, PokerBob and Judi at the same table (seated clockwise).

Klepton
10-05-2005, 08:17 PM
have you read his posts?

10-05-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/apj.jpg

amulet, PokerBob and Judi at the same table (seated clockwise).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

the only problem is that amulet has cards in front of her.

ggbman
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
oh lol i thought you were talking to me

amulet
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
lol, ty. does that mean that i do not get birthday presents for being in the right click?

hates me for exactly what? :-)

"hates," "every", seems much more like high school then a poker discussion board. adults don't write like that, high school girls do. how old are you?

brick
10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amulet vs Klepton

$100 - .5/1 freeze out

"It's not for the Money, It's for the Pride."

Klepton
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
you are weak tight, many people have told you this.

oreogod
10-05-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
johnney

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

And, I had some down time at work. The picture I drew for you brought me and some people I know a great deal of enjoyment.

[/ QUOTE ]

That pic was greatness.

Klepton
10-05-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amulet vs Klepton

$100 - .5/1 freeze out

"It's not for the Money, It's for the Pride."

[/ QUOTE ]

amulet would hit and run me

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA, yeah just drive to Coulmbia and ask for Justin. Good luck with that.

amulet
10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
klep, i understand that many here think i am, and often disagree with me. however, that fits with the purpose of this form. if everyone agreed there would be no purpose. what scares you about someone who has different opinions? why make it personal?

amulet
10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
a boxing ring, a dark alley, a poker table ay any stakes, all work for me.

Turning Stone Pro
10-05-2005, 09:56 PM
TSPs alter-ego table. Pswd Angelo!

TSP

amulet
10-05-2005, 09:59 PM
if someone asked, i think i already know. it is a very small world.

and they could always use engineering to begin looking. again, it is a very small world.

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
K, have fun on your hunt.

amulet
10-05-2005, 10:17 PM
i missed the part where i said i was hunting. are you suggesting it? it might be fun.

arod15
10-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Fold.

amulet
10-05-2005, 11:56 PM
never. and you are all talk....

daryn
10-06-2005, 01:29 AM
man, this thread has gone in so many directions.. it might be the best thread ever to grace mid-high

shaundeeb
10-06-2005, 01:41 AM
We actually have quite the setup of Art classes now. Some sick media classes this semester just started that I am in plus next semester some music classes going to be available. They plan on having a media arts minor in the next 5 years or so.

amulet
10-06-2005, 01:44 AM
klepton, why do so many of your posts lack substance. this form is for poker discussions, you begin these digressions that serve no purpose. in the future try to post thoughtfully and compressively if you are able.

NLSoldier
10-06-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
man, this thread has gone in so many directions.. it might be the best thread ever to grace mid-high

[/ QUOTE ]

were you not around for the derb thread /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

shant
10-06-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was using hyperbole, so the learn to count comment in unnecessary, especially if you don't think he has odds to flop a set, not including the implied odds are huge.

Sorry to derail this thread with poker content.

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
klepton, why do so many of your posts lack substance. this form is for poker discussions, you begin these digressions that serve no purpose. in the future try to post thoughtfully and compressively if you are able.

[/ QUOTE ]

amulet, did you know that klepton is a bike thief?

elindauer
10-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Did we get results in this thread? The flame war was great, but the hand was interesting too and I'd like to know how it turned out. If it's buried somewhere in this thread, somebody please do me the favor of repeating.

Thanks,
Eric

amulet
10-06-2005, 10:23 AM
no. but i think we are getting a little to far from poker what do you think of the hand in question?

as for the challenge mention in an earlier post i think it is a good idea. if he won't do the boxing ring or a dark alley, how about a series of freezeouts? 5 matches. on the internet, we each put up the $. however, so no one can "hit and run" we also have a 3ed party hold the total amount (in the event someone runs they forfeit). i am also happy to play live, i would jest need a few weeks to arrange it. we play NL heads up. any amount he wants. $1000 pre match, $5000, per match, 10Kper match, etc. this is a serious offer. and if i play weak tight like he thinks my advice is.......he should clean me out.

TheWorstPlayer
10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Ooooo....looks like someone will finally put up. I'll once again take the side of 'none of these matches will happen' on any match which was mentioned in this thread. PM me for details. HotPants, where are you?

TaintedRogue
10-06-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HotPants, where are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she was probably banned. Doesn't appear she was liked much, so banning her/him without sufficient cause wouldn't upset anyone. My money is on her being yesterday's news.

GetThere1Time
10-06-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
as for the challenge mention in an earlier post i think it is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he should clean me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

BottlesOf
10-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Who are you challenging?

sfer
10-06-2005, 11:23 AM
After this effing wankfest is there at least going to be arm-wrestling or a Connect 4 game to see who's the bigger man?

10-06-2005, 11:36 AM
it's nice to see that i'm not the only rabble-rouser here. hehe.

about the JJ, however, the uhh, original topic here, there are two plays that come to mind.

first, you can raise assuming retardonkey has a hand inferior to yours, and hope that UTG lays down. Otherwise, fold it. Honestly, When a real real tight player raises and then re-raises, you're probably seriously behind a bigger pair, i dont think it would be out of line to fold to his re-raise PF. maybe not a great play, but you're going to have to have some keen reads to play that hand in that group with that action. I think it's a laydown PF to the VERY TIGHT players re-raise.

Clarkmeister
10-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Is there still a hand discussion here? I think this is an easy raise. You could easily have the bettor beat and your hand is super disguised. But, whatever.

ClaytonN
10-06-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After this effing wankfest is there at least going to be arm-wrestling or a Connect 4 game to see who's the bigger man?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know!

WebBoggle

oreogod
10-06-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahoo has a good game of Checkers.

TaintedRogue
10-06-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there still a hand discussion here? I think this is an easy raise. You could easily have the bettor beat and your hand is super disguised. But, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super disguished from who? The retard, the monkey, or the super tight UTG? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

amulet
10-06-2005, 01:23 PM
i thought i was accepting. sort of. it was not my idea, but i like it. therefore, i proposed terms. klep, or josh (at columbia). both would both be fun to beat. if either or both are interested i will have a term sheet drafted (if my lawyers say it is legal). if not, then no term sheet, but we will find an independent 3ed party to hold the money.

i would also be ok with a boxing ring, or a dark alley too, seriously.

all of these offers are not made in jest, if someone accepts it will happen.

daryn
10-06-2005, 01:32 PM
what are the terms of this boxing match? you are taking on all comers? i might be interested

GetThere1Time
10-06-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what are the terms of this boxing match? you are taking on all comers? i might be interested

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're excluded from the offer. You might get in the ring and hit and run him.

Victor
10-06-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a laydown PF to the VERY TIGHT players re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the record, so far 3 people have recommended folding preflop: texman, dominic, and judi.

daryn
10-06-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're excluded from the offer. You might get in the ring and hit and run him.

[/ QUOTE ]

shhh that was the plan!

amulet
10-06-2005, 01:47 PM
lol, this was to the 2 that acted like jerks. it was personal. however, if your interested, ok, but it serves no purpose. we could both find matches without the 2+2. terms: as long as you have not been rank professionally within the last 5 years or fought as an amateur in any major fights/matches within the last 5 years, i would accept. additional terms you propose, ring size, gloves, rounds, purse, etc.