PDA

View Full Version : SNL this Saturday night.

BreakEvenPlayer
10-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Host is Napolean Dynamite (Jon Heder), musical guest Ashlee Simpson.

Haven't watched SNL in about two years but I think getting this episode on the Tivo is a good idea. Lot of potential but they'll probably f it up.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
I used to watch SNL religiously. I haven't in the last few years because I thought that the cast just went way downhill. When Amy Poehler signed on I thought that it was going to be a great addition because I loved her in Upright Citizens Brigade, but she's been very disappointing. It also seems like the writers are incapable of coming up with anything that isn't some type of bland political humor.

dblgutshot
10-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Besides the characters where he is napoleon-like, I think he will suck.

Hopefully ashlee does more weird hob-goblin dancing.

10-05-2005, 01:06 AM
What do you call Jessica Simpson after getting hit in the face with a frying pan?

Ashlee

PairTheBoard
10-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I stopped watching SNL when they started doing satire of SNL satirizing SNL.

PairTheBoard

Luzion
10-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Its definitely going to be interesting with Ashlee Simpson back

jdl22
10-05-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I stopped watching SNL when they started doing satire of SNL satirizing SNL.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been out for awhile, they've been satirizing that for a couple years now.

[censored]
10-05-2005, 02:03 AM
well I don't get the Napolean Dynamite fascination at all. I thought it was an OK movie but I certainly didn't walk thinking "wow that lead actor is a comedic genious" or anything.

Let me know when they get one of of the Wilson brother's again or something.

BreakEvenPlayer
10-05-2005, 02:09 AM
I can understand someone not thinking that the lead actor in Napolean Dynamite is funny, but not understanding why others like him is pretty retarded.

daryn
10-05-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can understand someone not thinking that the lead actor in Napolean Dynamite is funny, but not understanding why others like him is pretty retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

not as retarded as actually liking the movie

ChipWrecked
10-05-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its definitely going to be interesting with Ashlee Simpson back

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give her credit for brass. After that Orange Bowl debacle I probably would have SCKM.

samjjones
10-05-2005, 10:12 AM
The current cast is atrocious. Finesse Mitchell?!?!?!? Seth Meyers?!?!??!

Paluka
10-05-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to watch SNL religiously. I haven't in the last few years because I thought that the cast just went way downhill. When Amy Poehler signed on I thought that it was going to be a great addition because I loved her in Upright Citizens Brigade, but she's been very disappointing. It also seems like the writers are incapable of coming up with anything that isn't some type of bland political humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree, I think Amy Poehler is amazing. The problem is that every single other person on the show sucks.
The only really good skits in the past 3 years or so are:

1) The Harry Potter skit with Lindsay Lohan
2) The skit where Amy Poehler plays a US Dollar getting made fun of by other currencies

I can't think of any other good ones. But I do think that Amy Poehler has some great characters in bad skits. The one-legged slutty chick rules, as does her character in the hillbilly emergency room.