PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Continuation Bet

10-04-2005, 11:33 PM
This is from a $20 shoot-out. I've been VERY tight so far. SB is LAG: he likes to see the flop and then bet strong when he's got a draw, a big hand, or just thinks you missed. BB has been seeing flops pretty liberally now that he's got a bit of a stack, and in particular he likes to play pots with the SB.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2105)
Hero (t1425)
MP (t1140)
CO (t1655)
Button (t875)
SB (t2800)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t125, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t450) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t450) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: t700

I've heard people talk about a delayed continuation bet, but I'd never tried it before. Was this a good spot? I thought there was a good chance my six outs were good, and I didn't want to get blown off of the hand by a LAGgy check-raise. When the K was checked to me, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to represent AK. Should I have just bet the flop? When is the delayed continuation bet useful?