PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Lohan causes another car accident

MelK
10-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Lohan Taken to Hospital After Car Crash (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051005/ap_on_en_mo/lohan_accident)

Lindsay Lohan and two other people were taken to a hospital after the actress' black Mercedes-Benz convertible collided with a van in West Hollywood on Tuesday afternoon, authorities reported.

Witnesses said Lohan was trying to avoid paparazzi photographers when the crash occurred. The actress was also involved in a traffic accident last June as she tried to avoid a photographer.

Lohan and a female passenger in her car suffered minor injuries, said Sgt. Diane Hecht of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The driver of the van, which was knocked into a parked vehicle, suffered moderate injuries, Hecht said. Identities of Lohan's passenger and the male driver of the van were not immediately released.

The accident, which occurred about 4:15 p.m. on a busy street in this city adjacent to Beverly Hills, was witnessed by a number of people, including a reporter for the syndicated television show "The Insider."

The reporter, Victoria Recano, told The Associated Press she saw Lohan and her passenger run into an antique store immediately after the accident.

Javier Ramirez, who works at Hideaway House antiques, said he recognized Lohan.

"She was very upset," Ramirez said. "She kept saying, 'Oh my God, oh my God, I can't believe it.'"

Ramirez said Lohan and her passenger left after a few minutes and although both were shaken up, neither appeared badly hurt.

Television news footage showed a badly damaged black Mercedes outside the store with both its driver- and passenger-side air bags inflated

The Sheriff's Department said the driver of the van appeared to be turning in front of Lohan's car when the vehicles collided. There was no evidence alcohol was involved in the crash, Hecht said in a news release.

Witnesses said dozens of paparazzi photographers had been following Lohan through the area before the crash. At one point, according to Lori Satzberg, 43, of Calabasas, several photographers tried to take pictures of Lohan as she shopped at a clothing store. The photographers then followed her outside to her car.

"There were about 30 photographers outside covering the store, the poor girl just was shopping and they were just like hounding her," said Satzberg, who was shopping with her 13-year-old daughter.

"She got into her black Mercedes across the street and they literally were like sitting on her car, trying to take pictures of her, she was like yelling at them to get off," Satzberg said.

"These people were all over her," she added. "I'm not surprised this happened."

The crash was the second one Lohan, 19, has been involved in in recent months.

Police said the star of such films as "Mean Girls" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded" was attempting to evade a paparazzi photographer in June when the photographer crashed his car into her Mercedes. She suffered cuts and bruises in that crash but did not seek medical attention.

The photographer was arrested for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon. Police said it appeared he deliberately crashed into the actress' vehicle.

Dynasty
10-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Should the title of your post be "Paparazzi causes another car accident"?

I believe California has passed or is about to pass a law which allows for triple damanges when a paparazzi causes accidents in this way.

Mr_J
10-04-2005, 11:26 PM
F'in parasites...poor girl.

AngryCola
10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
poor girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not go too far.

While I agree that paparazzi are scum and at least partly to blame for this accident, I'm sure Lohan will get by.

2+2 wannabe
10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmmmmmm

the only reason she has so much money and popularity is because of these people - I have absolutely no sympathy for her - none

imported_anacardo
10-04-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmmmmmm

the only reason she has so much money and popularity is because of these people - I have absolutely no sympathy for her - none

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the Weekly World News? Get the [censored] outta here.
I think she& hers do a fine enough job of promotion without the help of these lowlifes. What has Lindsay Lohan done to deserve your recrimination, besides take a serious nosedive in hotness?

Mr_J
10-04-2005, 11:35 PM
It's fine if she wants to f*ck herself up on coke, but the media* obviously goes WAY too far and constantly endangers people.

And these scum have NO life. They chase people around like f'in parasites and live off their misery. It's about as bad as a divorce court lawyer. If someone famous gets in a SERIOUS accident, these guys won't put the camera down and go over and help them, they'll just keep filming. When I look at the media in general I see the lowest forms of human trash that exist. This is coming from a guy who sees dealing as just another occupation.

*well most don't go that far.

But most will be happy to invade privacy, harass etc etc and I won't respect anyone who does that. I also hate how they hype everything, make it sound so important or dramatic when it's not. Obviously they're just trying to sell, but they make it all sound like they're being objective (right word? I mean neutral).

AngryCola
10-04-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Because of the Weekly World News? Get the [censored] outta here.
I think she& hers do a fine enough job of promotion without the help of these lowlifes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

imported_anacardo
10-04-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's fine if she wants to f*ck herself up on coke, but the media obviously goes WAY too far and constantly endangers people.

[/ QUOTE ]

What business is her coke habit of yours? She wasn't coked up when she crashed the car.

Mr_J
10-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Learn to read. I don't care if she's coked up, and I never said she was coked up when she crashed the car (sounds like it wasn't her fault anyway).

PoBoy321
10-04-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone famous gets in a SERIOUS accident, these guys won't put the camera down and go over and help them, they'll just keep filming. When I look at the media in general I see the lowest forms of human trash that exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just in defense of the legitimate media, most of them are not like that, despite the fact that it IS against their code of ethics to interfere with their subjects.

That said, these scum aren't legitimate media and deserve to rot, but as long as there's a market for their pictures, they'll keep taking them.

imported_anacardo
10-04-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Learn to read. I don't care if she's coked up, and I never said she was coked up when she crashed the car (sounds like it wasn't her fault anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm! Guess I should learn to read.

Mr_J
10-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Eh the media just pisses me off. I don't see why everyone is so facinated about who snorts what or who f*cks who. Dunno why we all can't just mind our own business.

It's kinda like reality TV. Why do people wanna watch other people do stuff instead of living for themselves??!??

Slacker13
10-04-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these scum aren't legitimate media and deserve to rot, but as long as there's a market for their pictures, they'll keep taking them.

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
10-05-2005, 12:00 AM
crazy damn bitch driver

astroglide
10-05-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh the media just pisses me off. I don't see why everyone is so facinated about who snorts what or who f*cks who. Dunno why we all can't just mind our own business.

It's kinda like reality TV. Why do people wanna watch other people do stuff instead of living for themselves??!??

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd think you would see some value in this particular story, then.

she was in another paparazzi-related accident very recently, so this story is highlighting some negative aspects of hounding celebrities' lives.

MelK
10-05-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should the title of your post be "Paparazzi causes another car accident"?

[/ QUOTE ]

She needs to be able to drive under pressure like the rest of us.

If she killed a pedestrian would you absolve her of responsibility?

If she can't handle driving, she should not drive. Period.

2+2 wannabe
10-05-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these scum aren't legitimate media and deserve to rot, but as long as there's a market for their pictures, they'll keep taking them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this i agree with

i'm saying that these are the people she counts on (or counted on in the past) to get her her name recognition

she's going to have these people following her around for a long time - she should get used to it, cause she's getting paid a pretty penny (or 12 billion of them) to do it

i don't understand how you get in an accident trying to get away from them? they're not trying to kill her or anything

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 02:20 AM
If she got into an accident because of the paparazzi's agressive driving and was killed herself, would you still hold her culpable?

I'm glad it's so easy for you to criticize someone when you have no idea what it's like to be hounded by reporters 24/7.

-Skeme-
10-05-2005, 02:24 AM
If I saw her shopping in real life, I'd seriously hound the HELL out of her. I'd be all over her, hiding behind coat racks, wearing the nose, glasses and bushy eyebrow disguise, etc. Oh yes, believe that.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i'm saying that these are the people she counts on (or counted on in the past) to get her her name recognition

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of a chicken or the egg scenario, but I would have to say that paparazzi hound her because of her name recognition, she does not have name recognition because of the paparazzi.

[ QUOTE ]
she's going to have these people following her around for a long time - she should get used to it, cause she's getting paid a pretty penny (or 12 billion of them) to do it

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, she doesn't. The paparazzi that take pictures of her are a huge invasion of her privacy and she doesn't see a penny of the profits from the pictures they take of her.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand how you get in an accident trying to get away from them? they're not trying to kill her or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I've never been followed by paparazzi, but my understanding is that their tactics basically revolve around incredibly aggressive harassment where it is common for them force your car down a narrow road which they have blocked off at the other end so that they can trap the celebrity in their car, or similar tactics.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Meh. The few times that I've seen celebrities in public I've been very disappointed and really haven't had any desire to have any contact with them. I was once behind Jon Stewart in a restaurant waiting for a table, and I thought about saying hi or something, but I realized that he was just a guy going out to dinner with his wife/girlfriend and how much I can't stand it when people I know bother me in similar situations.

-Skeme-
10-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Oh yeah, that's actually an angle I'd try and work into this fantasy meeting with Lindsay. People would walk up and I'd be like, "WHYY!!! WHY CANT YOU JUST LET HER SHOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!"

That's when I make my move..

Blarg
10-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Unfortunately, the papparazzi are just reflections of us, kind of like distilled concentrates. There wouldn't be so many of them if there weren't media paying good money to photograph celebrities doing anything, or nothing at all. And they do that because we as a whole really want to see celebrities so very, very much.

At work, I've heard the women go on non-stop for an hour about every last celebrity, and they seem to know everything about them. They really CARE who's dating whom, etc. A lot. The men can be the same way about sports figures sometimes.

Since they can't get a life of their own, they're all thrilled to get into somebody else's. Sad stuff.

But anyway, this papparazzi behavior is not some weird tangential thing out on the borderlines or human behavior or anything. It fits right in at the center of what we care about in life and often make huge emotional investments in -- celebrities. We can't blame them without blaming ourselves. Which I'm sure we're not about to start doing anytime soon.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that's actually an angle I'd try and work into this fantasy meeting with Lindsay. People would walk up and I'd be like, "WHYY!!! WHY CANT YOU JUST LET HER SHOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!"

That's when I make my move..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had this exact same thought many times before.

-Skeme-
10-05-2005, 02:31 AM
I really know you have..

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 02:39 AM
I think a lot of what the paparazzi do is [censored] up, and I value personal freedom a lot, but when I hear celebrities bitch and moan about about it a lot of the time my bullshit detector and cynical steak goes off. "Nigga please. You're a millionaire because people read those stupid magazines. If no one wanted to follow you you'd be waiting tables, or worse, because you're a dumb whore."

It's part of being a celebrity. I think a lot of the time its really [censored] up, but most of these celebrities have pretty sweet lives.

2+2 wannabe
10-05-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of what the paparazzi do is [censored] up, and I value personal freedom a lot, but when I hear celebrities bitch and moan about about it a lot of the time my bullshit detector and cynical steak goes off. "Nigga please. You're a millionaire because people read those stupid magazines. If no one wanted to follow you you'd be waiting tables, or worse, because you're a dumb whore."

It's part of being a celebrity. I think a lot of the time its really [censored] up, but most of these celebrities have pretty sweet lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 02:45 AM
its also part and parcel with getting 5 million to shoot a crappy movie. when you make a deal with the devil there is a downside (other than losing your soul).

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 02:48 AM
While I agree with everything you said in your last two posts, I don't think that being a successful actress gives others the right harass you and completely invade your privacy 24/7.

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While I agree with everything you said in your last two posts, I don't think that being a successful actress gives others the right harass you and completely invade your privacy 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats true to. just further proof that hollywood is [censored] to hell beyond all belief.

wonderwes
10-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Did anyone see that car she wrecked? She was driving a Mercedes convertiable v12. What a shame for that car.
http://cache.eonline.com/News/Photos/l/lohans.car.100505.jpghttp://cdn.channel.aol.com/ch_music/lindsay_lohan_music_240.jpg

Flipping through the channels I saw two seperate reports on E! and MSNBC about this accident. All the major events happening in the entire world, yet the TV has to give updates on people's takes of the car crash. I think its pretty safe to say the girl can't drive, so if you see her in a car coming towards you, take cover.

this was off superficial.com. This site always makes me laugh
"To be fair to Lindsay though, it is pretty difficult to drive while under the influence of drugs and alcohol. I'm not implying that she's always on drugs and alcohol or anything, but she's definitely always on drugs and alcohol. 100% of the time. Always. That's how you know she's cool."

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 08:37 PM
a. that car is so freaking hot.

b. the superficial rocks. i forget about it for a month and then someone posts a link on here and i read 2 months worth at a time, theres some good stuff.

Tron
10-05-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a. that car is so freaking hot.

b. the superficial rocks. i forget about it for a month and then someone posts a link on here and i read 2 months worth at a time, theres some good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Superficial's best writer left and started What Would Tyler Durden Do? (http://www.wwtdd.com/) which, while it does have a stupid name, has better info, pictures, and humor.

LoaferGee12
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I bet the whole time in the back of her mind she was just thinking she's gettin punked.

wonderwes
10-05-2005, 09:33 PM
From the pics on WWTDD (http://www.thesuperficial.com) it looks like she was running from the car as quickly as she could. Like it was a bomb. Wonder how fast she hit the car?

morello
10-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Despite onlooker reports, Los Angeles police say paparazzi were not a factor in Lindsay Lohan's car accident on Tuesday. "Photographers were not involved, not at all," said Lt. Keith Swensson in the Los Angeles Times. Authorities instead suspect the crash was the fault of the van driver with whom she collided – he was making an illegal U-turn in Lindsay's path. An LA County Sheriff's spokesman further said: "Lindsay Lohan is an innocent victim in all of this."

So much for the title of this thread - "victim of" should be the word instead of "causes".

Free Lindsay!