PDA

View Full Version : Real Saucy

B Dids
10-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Party 3/6

I'm in the BB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

UTG limps, uber loose fish (over 50 vpip) auto flop peeler.

Button raises. Button is raising in this spot with cards, likes the stealing, but will slow down post flop). He's already shown 94s as a steal before.

I call.

Flop J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to the button, he bets, I call (planning on donking any paint on the turn, folding to a raise, and check/calling a heart)

Turn K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I donk, he thinksandthinksandthinksandthinks and calls. He'd been reliable connection wise and quick to act, so I took this as an actual hard decision for him, which made me decide to bet the river.

River T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet...

Thoughts on the turn line, the turn logic, and the river bet? I felt like given what I took as a timing tell and the now decent pot, I couldn't bet, but at the same time, that's a nonfantastic card for somebody who tanked on the turn.

thesharpie
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't like the flop call. I don't dig the later streets without a read, just because he slows down doesn't mean he's folding. Not a good board for this either. I think he's more likely to call the river since he took such a long time to act.

newhizzle
10-04-2005, 11:25 PM
in my experience when people take a long time to call the turn, they auto-call the river

B Dids
10-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I have a read. The fact that he didn't raise the turn means at best 2nd pair and likely worse.

jason_t
10-05-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm assuming that UTG folded the flop. I would have taken the lead and folded before him. This board connects with too many hands and the prospect of investing at least 1.5 BB to win around 4.5 BB is not appealing to me. However one advantage of this board is that it's likely to fold A high so with your river bet you're sometimes only buying half the pot instead of the whole thing.

Is this guy a folder? Will he fold a weak pair on this board? I've found that after someone takes a long time to decide on the turn they often call a river bet too. Of course timing tells aren't completely reliable, but it's been my experience that on the turn they have already made up their mind.

irishpint
10-05-2005, 12:04 AM
fold flop. you dont have to win every pot, this is a board that connects with a lot of his hands and not yours.

B Dids
10-05-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold flop. you dont have to win every pot, this is a board that connects with a lot of his hands and not yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a point that I tend to forget.

All Your Pots Are Belong To Dids.