PDA

View Full Version : Another Starting Hand question

10-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Playing 2-4 recently. I look down at 2678x on the button... I typically will raise with this hand if the pot hasnt been opened and depending on how many players call draw one or two. Game is amazing.. 5 handed... 3 donks.. 1 strong player (for 2-4) and me. Aggresive donk raises. Passive donk calls.. Strong player 3 bets.. I chose to fold rather than attempt to make the 76.. Im pretty sure this is the right play.. What do you guys think?

MarkGritter
10-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I think it is worth at least a call here. You have the button. Even if you decide to break and draw to 762 I think you have an equity edge in a four-way pot.

One off the button I would be happy to 3-bet any decent two-card draw (even with a caller in between) to 'buy' the button and discourage the blinds from coming along. The strong player's 3-bet range is likely to be fairly large even with the cold-caller in the middle.

MarkGritter
10-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Of course, the question is, what _would_ I fold here.

Probably any 8xx draw, but I would play a 1-card draw to an 86 or 85.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-05-2005, 04:04 AM
i can't imagine folding here.

timprov
10-05-2005, 04:31 AM
I cap if I'm better post than strong player, fold if he's better than me.

10-05-2005, 04:58 AM
maybe i play too tight sometimes.. But my reasoning for folding was that if the strong player didnt have as good of a hand as me he was close, and he could be a lot better off. We are going to play this hand 4 handed because neither donk would fold for 2 more bets and the best hand I can make is a #2.. That is also a bit unlikely with so many dead outs spread between the four of us. At a tighter table I might play diffrently but this seemed like a -EV place to be..