PDA

View Full Version : Ever get excited and mis-read the best hand?

Play Tight
05-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Colorado $2 - $5 tight aggresive (which is suprising since it usually is a loose aggresive game.)

New player (NP) (known to all as a very loose almost manaiac, but also can once in a while pull a rabbit out of his hat) sits one before the button and raises pre-flop.

I call with AQ spades from the blind. Four others call the raise.

Flop K97 spades.
I check for fear of dropping all. EP bets $2 and all call to the NP who raises, I make the decision to call and see how many I can keep in the hand. The EP calls, all else muck.

Turn is 3 clubs. I check and EP once again bets, but this time its $5 button bumps it up and I three bet. Both call. So I'm putting EP on a smaller flush and not even thinking about NP at this point.

River 7 diamonds. I bet out, EP calls and NP raises I three bet and EP mucks and NP comes over the top so I fire back at him again he calls saying he can't beat quads. Thats when it hits me, the river gave him a boat and he actually had a hand this time.

I fully was thinking about the nut flush and basically stopped watching the baord pair. Does anyone have any advice here any tips to slow one's self down. I like to think that I play quite well but once in awhile I get snapped off like this and realize I don't pay much attention to the river when I fully expect my hand to win from the flop or turn.

cferejohn
05-20-2003, 07:46 PM
I definitely used to do this, however, getting your nut flush beaten by a full house, or your full house beaten by a better one a couple times beat that out of me pretty quick.