PDA

View Full Version : One more, TP2K until the turn

Redd
10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Both villains are largely unknown at this point but will probably shape up to be LPA judging by the couple orbits I've observed.

Anybody fold the turn, getting 6-1 with dirty tens, kings, and queens? Anyone raise the turn? Anyone call the river?

milesdyson
10-04-2005, 10:35 PM
tough without reads - one of those borderline hands.

you're getting 6:1 and you're not closing the action, and you don't know if this guy would check raise or donkbet with a turned aces up or better.

i wish you would have shown this before SB check raised, but i think i still would have wanted to fold there.

McGahee
10-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Raising the turn and calling the river are both atrocious.
The turn may be closer to a fold than I think, but I'd play it the same.

Redd
10-04-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish you would have shown this before SB check raised

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I considered it but my playalong-type hands always end up being lame.

milesdyson
10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
well if you had us deciding whether or not to raise preflop or bet the flop, it would have been lame. but that turn decision is really close. once you decided to call it you played it correctly, at least. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

@bsolute_luck
10-05-2005, 10:23 AM
folding &gt; raising &gt; calling are my order of preferences.

2 pair, a straight, and the Ace all point to folding. but if he is donking a weaker hand or draw, i'd rather raise to get SB either to fold or call with his flush draw or weaker hand, and check behind on the river. that pot isn't big enough to call to your ~3 outer.