PDA

View Full Version : good table stats

Wynton
10-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find a relevant thread.

Just wanted to know:

(1) What VP$P and pfr for an entire table would be considered "average" for 5/10? and

(2) What numbers do you believe would qualify a table as especially good?

prayformojo
10-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I have pretty much ignored average stats since switching to SH play. When it's so easy to quickly take in individual stats, and when the average can so easily be warped by one player with extreme stats, who cares if the average looks good or bad?

nervous
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
This is true. A table can be like 29/15 but it can have 2 donators at 60/12. You need to look for how many donators are at your table rather than table averages.

That being said, I think 30-35/13-17 is an 'average'.

Wynton
10-05-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have pretty much ignored average stats since switching to SH play. When it's so easy to quickly take in individual stats, and when the average can so easily be warped by one player with extreme stats, who cares if the average looks good or bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But having just started using PokerAce recently - which displays those stats conveniently - I was just curious about the range of numbers.

stigmata
10-05-2005, 08:30 AM
2) I tend to scan my table stats fairly frequently when mutli-tabling. I like to see tables at or above 40% VPIP. Of course, you also have to check individuals stats. If this is due to a bunch of 40/20 players I may move on. I will also sit at a tight table if the players suck in other ways. But in the absence of ANY other info, I like the 40% rule.

Trix
10-05-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) What VP$P and pfr for an entire table would be considered "average" for 5/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see avg stats in the summary tab in pt for all players you have hands on.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) What numbers do you believe would qualify a table as especially good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything that indicates bad play pre or postflop. High vpip, very high pfr or low pfr, high or low WSD..

Lost Wages
10-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Seat selection is just as important as table selection.

Lost Wages