PDA

View Full Version : Trip 4's, ugly kicker, spewing?

KidPokerX
10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Seat 3's actions didn't suprise me as he is known to act over-aggressive in big pots often with mediocre holdings. Seat 6's re-raise on the turn (after calling the whole way) confused me the most. I thought I was beat on the turn but was going to pay it down ... until the 4 came. Had the 4 not come, should I check/call river?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.
Seat 3 bets, seat 6 calls $20, Seat 1 SB calls $15, Hero Seat 2 calls $10.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Seat 1 checks, Hero bets $10, Seat 3 raises to $20, Seat 6 calls $20, Seat 1 folds, Hero re-raises $20, Seat 3 re-raises $20, Seat 6 calls $20, Hero calls $10.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
.Hero bets $20, Seat 3 re-raises $20, Seat 6 calls $40, Hero raises $40, Seat 3 calls $20, Seat 6 re-raises $40, Hero calls $20, Seat 3 calls $20.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>Hero bets $20, Seat 3 calls $20, Seat 6 calls $20.

Final Pot: Hero wins $497.00 from main pot.

Results below:
Outcome:
Hero has 4c 2c (four of a kind, fours).
UTG has Js Ad (full house, fours full of jacks).
Button has (full house, fours full of jacks).

Also:
I really thought i was beat on this turn - I figured seat 6 had a FH or better kicker with the 4. When the river came I bet because I figured both would atleast call, but more-likely I figured the FH, or overpair (which was likely as well) would re-raise. I figured betting out would stick with my aggression.

elindauer
10-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I think you gave too much action, and am shocked that you had the best hand the whole time. I think just calling the turn raise is prudent. The raiser isn't slowing down despite your cries that you have a 4, and there's a 3rd guy hanging tough as well.

Good luck.
Eric

KidPokerX
10-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Seat 3's raises meant very little to me, in fact I had him on the Jack, overpair, or bluff as being the most-likely (just to give you some perspective on his play).

Seat 6 is who scared me, I wanted him to go away, he appeared solid. I just can't lay this massive pot down because of his fishy re-raise cap.

I was surprised to find him only with the J, and not AA.

ncboiler
10-04-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 3's actions didn't suprise me as he is known to act over-aggressive in big pots often with mediocre holdings. Seat 6's re-raise on the turn (after calling the whole way) confused me the most. I thought I was beat on the turn but was going to pay it down ... until the 4 came. Had the 4 not come, should I check/call river?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.
Seat 3 bets, seat 6 calls $20, Seat 1 SB calls $15, Hero Seat 2 calls $10.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Seat 1 checks, Hero bets $10, Seat 3 raises to $20, Seat 6 calls $20, Seat 1 folds, Hero re-raises $20, Seat 3 re-raises $20, Seat 6 calls $20, Hero calls $10.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
.Hero bets $20, Seat 3 re-raises $20, Seat 6 calls $40, Hero raises $40, Seat 3 calls $20, Seat 6 re-raises $40, Hero calls $20, Seat 3 calls $20.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>Hero bets $20, Seat 3 calls $20, Seat 6 calls $20.

Final Pot: Hero wins $497.00 from main pot.

Results below:
Outcome:
Hero has 4c 2c (four of a kind, fours).
UTG has Js Ad (full house, fours full of jacks).
Button has (full house, fours full of jacks).

Also:
I really thought i was beat on this turn - I figured seat 6 had a FH or better kicker with the 4. When the river came I bet because I figured both would atleast call, but more-likely I figured the FH, or overpair (which was likely as well) would re-raise. I figured betting out would stick with my aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trips with no flush or straight draw....I call it down. If dude has j/j or 10/10 who ray for him.

10-05-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't lay this massive pot down because of his fishy re-raise cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone's suggesting you should have folded at any point in the hand.