PDA

View Full Version : Using the handicap stall

jstnrgrs
10-04-2005, 09:26 PM
So, I'm watching an episode of Curb your enthusiam, and in this episode, you are not supposed to use the handicap stall unless you are handicaped. Is this really the way it works?

theben
10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
hell no

offTopic
10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm watching an episode of Curb your enthusiam, and in this episode, you are not supposed to use the handicap stall unless you are handicaped. Is this really the way it works?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Voltron87
10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't think so. Unless there are handicapped people in line or something.

Los Feliz Slim
10-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Good episode. "This project requires I return to home base."

smb394
10-04-2005, 09:59 PM
No. Especially not in a low-traffic or 2 stall bathroom.

Dave G.
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
No way man, the handicap stall is like the deluxe stall for those of us not handicapped. It's sooo roomy. I feel like I'm living in luxury when I'm in one.

Los Feliz Slim
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way man, the handicap stall is like the deluxe stall for those of us not handicapped. It's sooo roomy. I feel like I'm living in luxury when I'm in one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I find this stall to be TOO big, leaving me feel unprotected. Maybe it's my agoraphobia.

newhizzle
10-04-2005, 11:36 PM
i always use the handicap stall if its open

raisins
10-05-2005, 02:12 AM
No.

It's worth noting to the germophobes that it is the most commonly used. The first stall gets the least traffic out of all of them.

raisins

daryn
10-05-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but that's the whole gag. larry david thinks nothing of it, but then comes out and gets chewed out by the guy in the wheelchair (even though david is finished and not in there anymore). and what defense does he even have? he can't say to the guy "that's not how it works!!" well because the guy is handicapped.. and maybe that is how it works, he doesn't know, why risk it. that's the whole humor of the show.

and then the guy with the stutter... he makes them feel bad for saying that he's not handicapped... but then later when david tries it, it backfires.. that is comedy.

Warik
10-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Handicap stall = handicap accessible, not handicap only. If it were handicap only, they'd put the information about how you could get fined and stuff on it just like the parking spaces.

As long as you yield your position in line to a handicapped person, I don't see the problem with using it.

jstnrgrs
10-05-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I find this stall to be TOO big, leaving me feel unprotected. Maybe it's my agoraphobia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that the toilet is often too tall to be comfortable.

Sadat X
10-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Who can pass up the expansive interior space and sheer luxury of the handicap stall?

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hell no

[/ QUOTE ]

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who can pass up the expansive interior space and sheer luxury of the handicap stall?

[/ QUOTE ]

A man can get a lot of thinking done in the handicapped stall.

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
For a shitload of interesting arguments about handicapped stalls and companion restrooms, I found this thread (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=867732) when researching for a disney world trip

Edit: Oh, and I can't stand forums where people use "DH, DD, DS, when talking about their families. It makes me want to hurt them. Thank god, I've never seen that [censored] on 2+2.

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hell no

[/ QUOTE ]

You only say that because you're handicapped.

TeeJayORTj
10-05-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but that's the whole gag. larry david thinks nothing of it, but then comes out and gets chewed out by the guy in the wheelchair (even though david is finished and not in there anymore). and what defense does he even have? he can't say to the guy "that's not how it works!!" well because the guy is handicapped.. and maybe that is how it works, he doesn't know, why risk it. that's the whole humor of the show.

and then the guy with the stutter... he makes them feel bad for saying that he's not handicapped... but then later when david tries it, it backfires.. that is comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that episode was one of the funniest I have seen. I did not stop laughing at all. Awesome all around.

bravos1
10-05-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that episode was one of the funniest I have seen. I did not stop laughing at all. Awesome all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm interesting.. another Seinfeld ripoff!

[censored]
10-05-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Oh, and I can't stand forums where people use "DH, DD, DS, when talking about their families. It makes me want to hurt them. Thank god, I've never seen that [censored] on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF do those things even mean? I've never seen that before

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF do those things even mean? I've never seen that before

[/ QUOTE ]

Darling Husband, Darling Daughter

Any forum frequented by middle aged women will be full of them.