PDA

View Full Version : being a modern flight passenger

02-11-2002, 10:41 PM
the following link

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58189-2002Feb11.html

is pretty interesting. and i didnt like flying before ...

is it just me or does anybody else think that there is something really wrong with the picture painted by that story. ('...air marshals aboard the plane ordered all passengers to put their hands on their heads for the rest of the flight.')

brad

02-11-2002, 11:06 PM
No, it's just you. You've been supporting terrorists on these boards too long.

02-12-2002, 03:05 AM

02-12-2002, 04:46 AM
I fly every week, and I really don't notice much of a difference from before. They are a little stricter about screening you and your bagage before letting you in the concourse, and occasionally you get chosen for more screening at the gate, but the flight is business as usual.

The big question I have is, why hasn't Bizarro changed his name?

02-12-2002, 09:09 AM
yeah its almost like the storys a goof.

but come on, you wouldnt get pissed (heh) if somebody gets up to go to the bathroom when the seatbelt light is on and then you have to spend the rest of the flight with your hands on your head?

brad

02-12-2002, 10:47 AM

02-12-2002, 02:55 PM
I wonder if they are prepared to shoot anyone who refuses?

02-12-2002, 06:13 PM
imagine being woken up and being told you have to put your hands on your head and not move. i mean you would have to assume the plane is being hijacked, right?

brad

02-12-2002, 06:50 PM
"I wonder if they are prepared to shoot anyone who refuses?"

Giving ideas to the busted souls feeling suicidal at McCarran.

02-12-2002, 07:33 PM
When I flew out of McCarrin, I was depresed and I was up a couple of hundred. I guess I just didnt want to leave the land of milk and honey.

02-22-2002, 05:10 PM
http://www.almartinraw.com/column51.html

'everyone of the 30-minute exclusionary rule and then said, "In the name of the Security of the State, you shall now buckle yourselves in and then clasp your hands behind your head for the rest of the flight."

Every single passenger was ordered to fasten his or her seat belt. There were several complaints from passengers, who felt they were being mistreated. These were American citizens. These were not dark-skinned people with beards and turbans. These were blonde-haired blue-eyed American citizens, who complained about the way they were being treated. Then the head of the Federal Sky Marshals said that all those who refuse to obey their orders would face arrest upon landing. Those who physically resisted the orders of the Federal Sky Marshals WOULD BE SHOT.

(As a safety feature, US Sky Marshals are being taught the proper use of firearms to prevent decompression; to wit, you put the pistol next to the person's head with a downward trajectory and then there's no chance of the bullet exiting the cabin.) '

but hes not 100% credible.

brad