PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good line?

The Truth
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
20-40 3 handed.

button is tag, and maybe a 2+2er

I am sb with KdQs.
button raises, I 3 bet, bb folds, button calls.

Flop comes 5s 6d 8c

I bet, he raises.

-blake

daryn
10-05-2005, 05:38 AM
you could call and peel, or 3 bet. i like a 3 bet and turn lead.. flop bets are so inexpensive and a good way to turn the tables and put pressure on him, in case he is raising with the straight draw and no pair or something.

folding is bad i think

Judi
10-05-2005, 06:02 AM
I like betting out on the flop, as the TAG's raise gives us some info, i.e., Ace; paired the board, or an over pair. I don't like re-raising, as I believe we are behind.
Button can put you on Ax 9 or higher, trying to knock out the BB preflop. Since he's tight, I'd say he raise on the flop is saying: "I've got your pair to the board beat, I don't believe you hit a 48.x:1 two pair, and if you want to bet your str8 draw, I'm going to make you pay and if you do have Ax, my Ax is bigger, if I don't have an over pair.
He coulda flopped a set, or played West Virginia Big Slick, i.e., 97.
Or.......he's bluffing with less than KQo?? No, re-raising preflop & leading on the turn, no matter what hits is not my choice. I pay to see the turn and fold if I don't pair.

stigmata
10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I normally peel and fold UI.

I don't understand the 3-bet on the flop. I figure he either has a pair, a big ace, or the straight draw -- there can't be many hands we are ahead of right now (K7s, perhaps Q7s). Seems much more likely he has a big ace or a pair. Or do you think he is raising the flop with a wider range of hands than this?

He will most likely still show down the pair if we 3-bet the flop. It just feels like chip spewage to me.

Even if he does have the straight draw, he will call to the river anyhow. Do you then check-call the river with King high?

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I normally peel and fold UI.

I don't understand the 3-bet on the flop. I figure he either has a pair, a big ace, or the straight draw -- there can't be many hands we are ahead of right now (K7s, perhaps Q7s). Seems much more likely he has a big ace or a pair. Or do you think he is raising the flop with a wider range of hands than this?

He will most likely still show down the pair if we 3-bet the flop. It just feels like chip spewage to me.

Even if he does have the straight draw, he will call to the river anyhow. Do you then check-call the river with King high?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess that's what it boils down to (no surprise). who are we playing against? if it's a 2+2er i give him credit for being crafty and for being a thinking player who makes laydowns. i don't know if i said it but my standard line would be to peel and fold, but i'm just saying i could see 3 bet and lead as an option if the situation warranted it.

scott8
10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I think this hand was against me, making the correct line to fold sometimes, peel sometimes, and 3 bet others.

-SC