PDA

View Full Version : Standard?

esspo
10-04-2005, 08:09 PM
PP 15-30 full table.

MP2 in this hand is a donk who plays any two, chases any draw, etc. He is also capable of going 4 bets on the turn or river with bottom pair. I am sitting directly to the left of MP2 with tighties to my left and loose passives to the right. My image is tight and so far everyone behind me has folded to my isolation raises. However, I have isolated MP2 several times in the last couple of orbits.

Pre-Flop: MP1 opens, MP2 calls, I raise from the hijack with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, cutoff, button, sb call, rest call.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked around.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I call, CO calls, button folds.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, I raise.

Subfallen
10-04-2005, 08:13 PM
There's a T AND a J on the table?

esspo
10-04-2005, 08:15 PM
errr..... yes?

Nightwish
10-04-2005, 08:46 PM
When you say "MP1 opens," do you mean he limps? I would typically read that as saying that MP1 raised, but then the action seems to indicate that he just limped.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, I'd probably overlimp on the flop if that's what we're talking about.

The rest seems fine, including the obvious river raise.

esspo
10-04-2005, 08:53 PM
pre-flop. Can't edit the OP.

jogumon
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
The only problem I see with this is that I can't figure out what hand you're representing. I can't think of any hand you have where the way you played the hand makes sense.

You didn't raise pre flop with any hand the 6 helps, and any made hand raises the turn, after all those calls. Hopefully nobody else at the table is thinking about this /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Nightwish
10-04-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only problem I see with this is that I can't figure out what hand you're representing. I can't think of any hand you have where the way you played the hand makes sense.

You didn't raise pre flop with any hand the 6 helps, and any made hand raises the turn, after all those calls. Hopefully nobody else at the table is thinking about this /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter because nobody else has much of anything either. You think people will call two cold with second pair? His only problem is if SB has a J with a somewhat decent kicker that he can't let go.

amulet
10-04-2005, 11:39 PM
i don't see a positive ev raising two early limpers with a weak hand like A6. i see that as a mistake. even if mp2 is awful mp1 limped, and mp 2 could have a hand. i think you can wait for a better place to make a play like this.

as for the river, it depends on the players and your read. if you think mp1 can not beat 3ed pair, and/or if you raise the 1st 2 opponents and mp2 will all fold better hands, then yes. but that seem like a little to much to expect, but again it is game dependent.

10-05-2005, 12:16 AM
IMO this is one of those plays that works well in theory, but in reality doesn't actually succeed often enough to make it +EV.

tpir90036
10-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Your read on MP2 confuses me... he overplays his hands... and chases all draws... but does he pay off with everything too? If you think he is capable of a stone bluff here I like it, otherwise it seems that he pays off with a J or a T somewhere around 100% of the time.

Hope it worked out for you,
-tpir

ihardlyknowher
10-05-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PP 15-30 full table.

MP2 in this hand is a donk who plays any two, chases any draw, etc. He is also capable of going 4 bets on the turn or river with bottom pair. I am sitting directly to the left of MP2 with tighties to my left and loose passives to the right. My image is tight and so far everyone behind me has folded to my isolation raises. However, I have isolated MP2 several times in the last couple of orbits.

Pre-Flop: MP1 opens, MP2 calls, I raise from the hijack with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, cutoff, button, sb call, rest call.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop makes this hand so much easier to play IMO.

flawless_victory
10-05-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PP 15-30 full table.

Checked around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop makes this hand so much easier to go broke

[/ QUOTE ]i agree.

vmacosta
10-05-2005, 01:55 AM
I disagree with most of the other posters. While I prefer the overlimp PF, I love the flop check, turn call and river raise line here. SB very rarely has anything but a weak hand/missed draw here and will likely muck any T and some weak Js. If he's reasonable, I just can't see him checking the river with a hand that is then willing to put multiple bets in for showdown. Only worry is that you will have a worse hand than mp2 most of the time, but def > 1/6. NH.

DeeJ
10-05-2005, 07:02 AM
I would overlimp pf. A6 just isn't a cool hand.

River is marginal imho as to whether it works often enough against MP2 and the field. CO is yet to act and SB led the turn (he may have a field checkraise planned).

Hope it worked out for you, it certainly looks like MP2 doesn't have a T or J, but there are other players here I'd be worried about.