PDA

View Full Version : One pair hand

Acesover8s
10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
2-4 online game, effective stacks are 400$. A loosey goosey limps UTG, next a weak-tight unimaginitive player raises the max. I call in late with 7TJQ suits unimportant.

Flop comes 48T with two clubs. Loosey checks, PFR bets 1/2 pot, and I raise max, EP cold calls and PFR folds.

Turn is an offsuit 4, she checks, I bet slightly less than the pot.

thoughts?

Big Dave D
10-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Well clearly uve got to bet the turn now cos you've got to get the UTG out, who is probably drawing to a world of liveness. I would prolly bet 3/4 of the pot.

I dont like the flop play for the obvious reason of the UTG person...headsup it is much more reasonable. We are in the territory of creating a big pot with a bad hand again, which you know im not fond of.

gl

dd

barongreenback
10-06-2005, 06:25 AM
How often does a small bet reliably signal weakness on non paired, non monotone boards in your games? I'd be interested whether many good players regularly vary their bet sizes in mid-high games.

James

Big Dave D
10-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I vary my bet sizes all the time

dd

dogsballs
10-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Flop raise is ok, imo. None of the other 2 has really put in a serious purchase offer, so you should.

Have to bet the blank turn now and hope the river doesn't come tricky. At least you have position.

Spellmen
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
If he calls the turn and the river doesn't help you I assume you are just checking behind? Or are you firing one last time?

Acesover8s
10-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Definitely checking the river. I'm betting the turn to protect my very fragile hand from the apparent draw. Betting the river has no value.