Good call!

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Loafer... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nolanfan34
10-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Post deleted by nolanfan34

Malachii
10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
No way. Nobody in the NL can stop the Cardinals, and in the AL it's either the Angels or the Red Sox. Today's sorry performance notwithstanding, I have the Red Sox winning the series versus Chicago.

Go_Blue88
10-04-2005, 08:28 PM
This thread must be a joke. Anyways, based on your posts it seems like you live in Cali or NY, why do you care about the Astros?

I hate Clemens.

Voltron87
10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread must be a joke. Anyways, based on your posts it seems like you live in Cali or NY, why do you care about the Astros?

I hate Clemens.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's my guess... just a wild conjecture... probably baseless... could be speculation...

maybe he was born/grew up in texas and then when he finished school moved to cali or ny?

pokerdirty
10-04-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go nolanfan34!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh. Pretty sure this thread will drift into obscurity soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, because they spelled "Yankees" wrong in the title.

Ulysses
10-04-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way. Nobody in the NL can stop the Cardinals

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody except the Astros, baby.

Ulysses
10-04-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am not some POS bandwagon fan like most of the people on this forum.

stanky
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap!

kyro
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet a lot of the red sox fans on the forum are celtics fans too.

Aceshigh7
10-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Astros are going all the way!

Bee-lieve!!!!

tdarko
10-05-2005, 12:43 AM
astros/yankees.

in the AL the white sox will figure out a way to choke and give the series to a closerless red sox team. the yankees will slide by the angels and the yankees will beat the red sox in a battle of whose bullpen is worse.

in the NL the astros will win b/c they will finally figure out how to score 1 run. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JTrout
10-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Yall are all hi. Astros have zero offense.
You can't win if you can't score.
(insert tomahawk chop here)

tdarko
10-05-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is why i said...
[ QUOTE ]
in the NL the astros will win b/c they will finally figure out how to score 1 run.

[/ QUOTE ]
good pitching beats good hitting everytime.

JTrout
10-05-2005, 02:02 AM
dammit. I'm afraid you're right. dammit.

Clarkmeister
10-05-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is why i said...
[ QUOTE ]
in the NL the astros will win b/c they will finally figure out how to score 1 run.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why the Cardinals and their ML-leading staff ERA are all set to sweep the 'Strokes.

JTrout
10-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Naw, it's because the manager lets them swing away when it's 3-0.

Clarkmeister
10-05-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Naw, it's because the manager lets them swing away when it's 3-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - keep dreaming. It should be obvious to anyone who has watched the Cardinals over the years that if they ever win a WS with TLR at the helm, it will be in spite of him, not because of him.

tdarko
10-05-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And that's why the Cardinals and their ML-leading staff ERA are all set to sweep the 'Strokes.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah they are going to be tough, if and when it gets to stro's/cards i think it could be the best series of the playoffs, if it's a bust i will be dissappointed.

Malachii
10-05-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they ever win a WS with TLR at the helm, it will be in spite of him, not because of him.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true

Malachii
10-05-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We said the Astros couldn't make it out of the NL, we never said they couldn't pwn the Braves. Astros win in 4, easy.

10-05-2005, 10:06 AM
This is the series I'd love to see.

My hometown boys versus a buddy of mine (who pitches today) and his teammates.

GO STROS GO WHITE SOX!

Of course, I'm pulling for the Stros in the series. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DougOzzzz
10-05-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the times when it doesn't.

JaBlue
10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

woaaaaaaaaaaaah oh oooh ohhh

tdarko
10-05-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
woaaaaaaaaaaaah oh oooh ohhh

[/ QUOTE ]
too bad they are about to be down a game and having to face clemens for game 2 and then go on the road /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

let the october folding begin.

GuyOnTilt
10-05-2005, 09:23 PM
I second the title of this thread.

Go 'Stros!!!!!

GoT

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Lookin' good!!!

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
i am rooting for the stros too. but only because NYY matches up to them awesomely in a possible WS, you cant beat the yankees with 4 pitchers. you can definitely beat the braves however... most likely not the cards though.

mrbaseball
10-05-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you cant beat the yankees with 4 pitchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many did Tampa use?

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many did Tampa use?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, great point. seriously. that was insightful.

houston has 3 starters (awesome ones) and one good relief pitcher (also awesome). but with houstons relatively crappy lineup its hard to see how they win a 7 games series.

SammyKid11
10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many did Tampa use?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, great point. seriously. that was insightful.

houston has 3 starters (awesome ones) and one good relief pitcher (also awesome). but with houstons relatively crappy lineup its hard to see how they win a 7 games series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...7-game series. Long as they're lined up right, you're looking at:
Game 1 - Pettitte
Game 2 - Clemens
Game 3 - Oswalt
Game 4 - Backe
Game 5 - Pettitte
Game 6 - Clemens
Game 7 - Oswalt

That's 6 of 7 games with one of these three on the mound, full rest. And it's not like Brandon Backe sucks, either. What he lacks (compared to the all-star 1-3 pitchers) in pitching prowess he makes up for in the NL ballpark by being an oustanding hitter for the 9-spot.

Oh yeah, and if you can get the game anywhere near the 9th inning with a lead, turn out the lights cause here comes Lidge.

And hey, isn't Tim Hudson supposed to be a better pitcher than anyone in the Yanks starting rotation, save RJ? Yeah, guys...'Stros scored 5 off Hudson and 5 off the Braves pen (and the Yanks pen, save for Mariano, ain't any better -- but they don't have the starters to handoff to Mariano). Yeah, Houston's hitting has, at times, been anemic this season. But they hit the ball awfully well in July and, most importantly, September and the first part of October.

How do they win a 7-game series against the YANKEES? I think, potentially...very easily.

Now, if you wanna ask how they win a 7-game series with the Cardinals...I have no idea -- 'cause the Cards' pitching is, top to bottom, better than the Astros (and their top starters are nearly, though not quite, as good). Of course their hitting is miles ahead of Houston's...add to that pitching that's on the same general level as the 'Stros, and Houston - we have a problem.

But if the Astros can take care of business against the Braves and beat them in either 3 or 4, give them a little time to rest up, make sure the rotation is set the way they want it, you'd be crazy not to think they have at least a puncher's chance. Bottom line, those four pitchers (Andy, Roger, Roy, and Brad) = Scary Opponent.

If you can't see how Houston wins a 7-game series against the Yankees, it's because you don't WANT to see. I, on the other hand, am certainly realistic enough to see how the Yankees could win that series -- two gems from Johnson, admirable starts from Mussina, hot hitting, experience againts Clemens and Pettitte, Mariano pitching like Mariano, etc. But it'd at least be a close series. If Houston gets there, they'll have already beaten a better team than NYY.

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And hey, isn't Tim Hudson supposed to be a better pitcher than anyone in the Yanks starting rotation, save RJ? Yeah, guys... Stros scored 5 off Hudson and 5 off the Braves pen (and the Yanks pen, save for Mariano, ain't any better -- but they don't have the starters to handoff to Mariano).

[/ QUOTE ]

you.cant.be.serious.

Now that you've brilliantly negated the "astros cant hit" part of my argument, I guess you win.

Also, Lidge can't pitch all the 7th 8th and 9th innings.

And while the Yankees have an amazing lineup, good pitching beats good hitting. damnit, they're [censored].

Aceshigh7
10-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Guess you haven't followed the Astros much. Can't blame you, we don't get alot of national exposure.
Chad Qualls and Dan Wheeler are two of the better middle relievers in baseball.

The Astros staff is better in every aspect to the Yankees, except when it comes to closers. And I would say Riviera and Lidge are about a draw.

Voltron87
10-06-2005, 01:52 AM
rivera and lidge are a draw, or minor rivera edge.

eh, just checked the stats, qualls and the other guy are better than i thought. i heard somewhere they werent that good.

the yankees sort of have an edge in lineup though. a little bit. the yankees rotation is also better right now than some people give it credit, not that thats a big deal, but its been stronger lately.

DCJ311
10-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Go Astros! El Diablo's quiet air of confidence reassures me, for some reason.

GuyOnTilt
10-06-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah well, I'm not so quiet in my confidence.

GO FU[/b]CKING 'STROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoT

jdl22
10-06-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah well, I'm not so quiet in my confidence.

GO FU[/b]CKING 'STROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that a mod getting around the profanity filter?!?!

GuyOnTilt
10-06-2005, 05:47 AM
[Officer Womack]DUDE, C'MON!!! shhhhhhhh... [/Officer Womack}

GoT

10-06-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

eh, just checked the stats, qualls and the other guy are better than i thought. i heard somewhere they werent that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing what 5 seconds of legwork will teach you, isn't it? Wheeler is a solid 8th inning setup guy for Lidge, and Qualls is a solid 7th inning guy. Gallo is useless. Springer is hit or miss. He pitches well when we're behind but he can't seem to hold a lead.

We also have Wandy Rodriguez in the pen for long (left-handed) relief. He's a rookie, and was our #5 starter this year, compiling I believe a 10-10 record. He's quality.

I heard somewhere (everywhere) that Derek Jeter is homosexual. Guess that means it's fact?

10-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Braves now have to win 3 of the next 4 games, in which they will face Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettitte again. Not to mention Backe, who 1-hit the Cardinals in Game 5 of the NLCS last year.

White Sox will close out either in Game 3 or 4. It's high time the "RED SOX NATION" realizes that their team is fundamentally HORRIBLE. And exhorbanently cocky, to boot.

F those jagoffs. Seal them off for another 86 years.

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Hope the Angels don't ruin my prediction!

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Just wanted to remind you guys, especially the Boston and NY fans, that I called this on October 4.

pokerdirty
10-11-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to remind you guys, especially the Boston and NY fans, that I called this on October 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1758929reg.jpg

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 01:21 AM
I thought you were a Braves fan?

pokerdirty
10-11-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god no. i had a soft spot for them coming into the postseason. too bad they couldn't keep a 6-1 lead in game 4, and then not score in 9 extra innings.

10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god no. i had a soft spot for them coming into the postseason. too bad they couldn't keep a 6-1 lead in game 4, and then not score in 9 extra innings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, then beat Pettitte in game 5 with no bullpen and an injured Smoltz. They came soo close to beating the Astros, even with HF advantage.

10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Boston or NYY fans give a S*** about any other teams. All they care about is beating eachother, which proved to be their tragic downfall this season. They got so worked up about which team was better that they failed to pay attention to the other 28 teams out there. Nice boneheaded $200M strategy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerdirty
10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Boston or NYY fans give a S*** about any other teams. All they care about is beating eachother, which proved to be their tragic downfall this season. They got so worked up about which team was better that they failed to pay attention to the other 28 teams out there. Nice boneheaded $200M strategy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. i now know what sublime felt like (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2974997&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1) when i started posting here. only i grew up. kinda.

JayLear
10-11-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No Boston or NYY fans give a S*** about any other teams. All they care about is beating eachother...

[/ QUOTE ] They certainly have plenty of time for this now...

Ulysses
10-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread that I started on the 4TH OF OCTOBER.

KDawgCometh
10-16-2005, 09:12 PM
this has turned very prophetic El D, very nice

LoaferGee12
10-16-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this has turned very prophetic El D, very nice

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are killin me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Zeno
10-16-2005, 11:44 PM
White Sox won.
One step closer.

-Zeno

Aceshigh7
10-17-2005, 05:23 AM
I just heard something on the radio. They were interviewing Ozzie Guillen and he said that he wants to win the world series for Jerry Reinsdorf firstly, and secondly for the fans. He said "Probably the players want to win for the fans first".

What kind of a thing is that for a manager to say? I can almost guarantee when Phil Garner is asked he will say he wants to win first and foremost for the fans & the city of Houston.

HOUSTON ASTROS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR. GO STROS!

Jack of Arcades
10-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Go Astros!

nolanfan34
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really should have deleted this when I had the chance.

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

KDawgCometh
10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

it might be time to give El D a specialized forum handle. He is good at calling out villians hands and prophesizing the future

Ulysses
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go nolanfan34!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go nolanfan34!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, like november.

nolanfan34
10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go nolanfan34!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yeah. Series ain't over yet.

Maybe I should ban you for starting this thread against forum rules in the first place. You're like K Steel!

imported_CaseClosed326
10-17-2005, 11:25 PM
pre-emptive bump

10-17-2005, 11:48 PM
well, there goes the series.

I will counter-predict that we fold. gg astros.

Ulysses
10-18-2005, 01:19 AM
No worries. It was 1 out of 3, we expected to lose this one.

LET'S GO AS-TROS.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Funny part is, I bumped it right about the time Puljos came up to bat.

Ulysses
10-18-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny part is, I bumped it right about the time Puljos came up to bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't give a F when you bumped it. Who the F are you anyway? Look, please go away unless you are here to say:

LET'S GO AS-TROS!!!!!!!!!

pokerdirty
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/07/25/psychic.lawsuit/story.miss.cleo.jpg

Clarkmeister
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Olympics opener is Sox -120, Strokes +105

Clarkmeister
10-19-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pinny at -132/+122

JayLear
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Is this going to be the official world series thread, or are we starting a clean on Saturday? I don't care either way -- just want to get the logistics in order.

Go White Sox!!!

Clarkmeister
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this going to be the official world series thread, or are we starting a clean on Saturday? I don't care either way -- just want to get the logistics in order.

Go White Sox!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it. The Diablo deserves it.

TheRover
10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/images/content/whitesox/ozzie0317.jpg

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/2005/10/18/x7skcDh2.jpg

May the best 'stache win.

10-20-2005, 12:09 AM
This series should be very very good! I cannot remember a WS in recent years where the 2 teams involved were SO similar.

Starting pitching... phenomenal bullpen... mix of youth and experience... speed at top of lineup... defense up the middle...

all of it...

I give the Sox the slight edge b/c I believe 8 of their 9 starters had over 10 homers each. Pretty much everyone in their lineup can get you an HR.

Astros have Taveras, Ausmus and Everett each with weak HR power.

BUT IT WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!

I CANT WAIT!

GO STROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-20-2005, 12:12 AM
I think that it will be a great series, but Im not sure you can make a case for the Sox being more mentally tough than we are.

anyone wanna try?

Ulysses
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what sweet HR strokes they had against the Cards all series!!!!!

Ulysses
10-20-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go Astros!

[/ QUOTE ]

LoaferGee12
10-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Nicely done El Diablo. It's a shame it has to end in such misery for you.

10-20-2005, 01:31 AM
there will be no misery... houston will be just as proud if we dont end up winning it, as long as we really give em a run for the money...

I guess you'd have to be a houstonian to understand.

oh and by the way, we'll split it in chi, and take it down in six.

Aceshigh7
10-20-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. People are really underestimating this Astros team. Just ask the Cardinals.

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. People are really underestimating this Astros team. Just ask the Cardinals.

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say lots of things about the series, but you sure can't say the Cardinals or their fans underestimated the Stros. I don't know where you got that from, but I assure you it's a bad source.

10-20-2005, 01:58 AM
ehhhh, there was alot of fluke talk after game 2. I think it was after game 3 that people kinda perked their heads up.

I dont mean the organization, I mean the audience at large.

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ehhhh, there was alot of fluke talk after game 2. I think it was after game 3 that people kinda perked their heads up.

I dont mean the organization, I mean the audience at large.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk by who? ESPN has been all over them from Day 1, so I know you don't mean the media.

Aceshigh7
10-20-2005, 02:04 AM
I just don't understand how just about everyone in the media is picking the White Sox to win. The Astros just dominated a series against what was generally regarded to be the best team in baseball. And now we're supposed to be underdogs to the White Sox?

The Cardinals scared me more than the White Sox do.

This year the title comes back to the NL.

Josh W
10-20-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand how just about everyone in the media is picking the White Sox to win. The Astros just dominated a series against what was generally regarded to be the best team in baseball. And now we're supposed to be underdogs to the White Sox?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Astros "dominated", what did the White Sox do?

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "bring it back to the NL" talk will not sway me into moving the Stros out of the #3 spot on the list. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think the thinking goes like this: The Cards played like dogshit while the Sox are playing their best ball. Unlike TLR who has his player so wound up they can't see straight, Ozzie will have his boys loose and ready to go. I dunno, looks like a very slight Sox edge to me, which is about where the betting line is at.

10-20-2005, 02:14 AM
if I had to lose it to anyone, it would be ozzie guillen... amazing dude.

yes, his players are going to be loose and relaxed. I would agree that in tangible stats, there is a slight advantage to the sox given their advantage in the middle of the batting lineup (although Ensburg showed some life tonight... finally). But again I say, show me an argument that paints the Sox as more mentally tough. It just isn't there.

That toughness got us past the Cards... let's see what we can do against the Sox.

Personally Im just amped for a great series.

Oh, and to the poster above, no I didn't mean the media, I meant the general tone of the talk I heard, posts I saw on another sports board Im on.

LoaferGee12
10-20-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But again I say, show me an argument that paints the Sox as more mentally tough. It just isn't there.

That toughness got us past the Cards... let's see what we can do against the Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.. wtf are you talking about?

10-20-2005, 02:40 AM
talking about the fact that the only reason we made it as far as we have is that we're mentally tough. extremely mentally tough.

and that I can't see the Sox being as scrappy as we are.

wtf are YOU talking about?

Ulysses
10-20-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand how just about everyone in the media is picking the White Sox to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN predictions:

Gammons S 4-3
Neyer S 4-3
Crasnick A 4-3
Gillette S 4-2
Caple A 4-2

10-20-2005, 03:30 AM
you forgot the most important ones:

El D: A 4-2
Behemoth: A 4-2

Clarkmeister: C playing golf.

10-20-2005, 04:11 AM
Reynolds: Sox 4-2
Krux:Sox 4-2

gomberg
10-20-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
talking about the fact that the only reason we made it as far as we have is that we're mentally tough. extremely mentally tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - giving up a 15 game lead in the last month of the season and then dominating the last couple weeks and the playoffs to silence all critics shows some mental "toughness" as well.

BTW - I think mental toughness is overrated and shouldn't change betting lines... I made a crapload of money because the line was against oswalt last night. I assume this was because of the public bias on "momentum" that st. louis had because of the pujols homerun and the comeback last year. "momentum" my a**...

JayLear
10-20-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've spent any time on these boards, or watched a broadcast on the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network, you'd know the most underestimated and disrespected team in baseball was the White Sox.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

wtf are YOU talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you had the opportunity to watch a Sox game this year?

JayLear
10-20-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't understand how just about everyone in the media is picking the White Sox to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN predictions:

Gammons S 4-3
Neyer S 4-3
Crasnick A 4-3
Gillette S 4-2
Caple A 4-2

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I think it's been pretty clearly established in the postseason that the media "experts" predictions should be totally disregarded.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that it will be a great series, but Im not sure you can make a case for the Sox being more mentally tough than we are.

anyone wanna try?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah? Why don't you work on compiling the Astros SAT scores, and I'll work on the White Sox.

Dude, your mental toughness B.S. has been argued against successfully every time you've brought it up on this thread, and it was also pointed out that it most likely doesn't mean squat.

mrbaseball
10-20-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see the Sox being as scrappy as we are

[/ QUOTE ]

One run games:

White Sox 39-15
Astros 25-21

The White Sox "invent" ways to win.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go Astros!

[/ QUOTE ]
The White Sox haven't won a World Series since 1917, and the Astros have never been to a Series in their 44 years of existence. I think that since the Stros have never had the chance to lose a Series, Sox winning 4-2 would be a fitting end. Then everybody gets what they want. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CollinEstes
10-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I think something should be said for a team that can bounce back after a devestating lost to completly dominate the next game. That is mentally tough. I think the Angels where a clear example of what can happen to team when they get their spirts crushed, the collapsed after that Game 2 lose.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think something should be said for a team that can bounce back after a devestating lost to completly dominate the next game. That is mentally tough. I think the Angels where a clear example of what can happen to team when they get their spirts crushed, the collapsed after that Game 2 lose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too much credit is being given to the Angels collapsing when it should be the White Sox dominating. That's fine. That's the way we like it.

CollinEstes
10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Not trying to take anything away from the Sox, they played great, but to lose three straight at home for pretty much any playoff team is a collapse.

arod15
10-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Go Sox....

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - giving up a 15 game lead in the last month of the season and then dominating the last couple weeks and the playoffs to silence all critics shows some mental "toughness" as well.

BTW - I think mental toughness is overrated and shouldn't change betting lines... I made a crapload of money because the line was against oswalt last night. I assume this was because of the public bias on "momentum" that st. louis had because of the pujols homerun and the comeback last year. "momentum" my a**...

[/ QUOTE ]

You only *think* you are making money due to public bias on momentum. The line for Game 6 was identical to the same pitching matchup in Game 2.

DCJ311
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You only *think* you are making money due to public bias on momentum. The line for Game 6 was identical to the same pitching matchup in Game 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pretty much correct on this, although I think in game 2 I saw Astros +138 as the best # available, and in this one I saw +142 and I think +145 may have been available too.

Also keep in mind that Oswalt pitched dominantly in game 2 and the Astros won. You'd think that the line should shift more in Oswalt's direction but instead it went the opposite way. Tons of value on the Astros last night, nice job to all who got money down.

MEbenhoe
10-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Based on this 5 year trend, the Astros are bound to win the world series

2000 Yankees
2001 Diamondbacks
2002 Angels
2003 Marlins
2004 Red Sox
2005 Astros

I dont even know why they're bothering to play the series.

pokerdirty
10-20-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2000 Yankees
2001 Diamondbacks
2002 Angels
2003 Marlins
2004 Red Sox
2005 Astros

[/ QUOTE ]

AL/NL alternating?

TheRover
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2000 Yankees
2001 Diamondbacks
2002 Angels
2003 Marlins
2004 Red Sox
2005 Astros

[/ QUOTE ]

AL/NL alternating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wild Cards?

imported_The Vibesman
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2000 Yankees
2001 Diamondbacks
2002 Angels
2003 Marlins
2004 Red Sox
2005 Astros

[/ QUOTE ]

AL/NL alternating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wild Cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2000 Yankees weren't wild card.

MEbenhoe
10-20-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2000 Yankees
2001 Diamondbacks
2002 Angels
2003 Marlins
2004 Red Sox
2005 Astros

[/ QUOTE ]

AL/NL alternating?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, game over, congrats houston.

Clarkmeister
10-20-2005, 12:09 PM
The NL has never had a winning record against the AL in the World Series in any decade. The Astros winning would at least give the NL a shot.

nolanfan34
10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Go White Sox!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it. The Diablo deserves it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. The legend grows, I suppose.

Congrats to Astros fans though. Your team played a good series, and I guess whoever wins at this point will provide a good story.

White Sox in 6.

gomberg
10-20-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're pretty much correct on this, although I think in game 2 I saw Astros +138 as the best # available, and in this one I saw +142 and I think +145 may have been available too.

Also keep in mind that Oswalt pitched dominantly in game 2 and the Astros won. You'd think that the line should shift more in Oswalt's direction but instead it went the opposite way. Tons of value on the Astros last night, nice job to all who got money down.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I got +148 which means that the line thought st. louis had a 59.6% chance of beating Oswalt. Huge value there. I've been doing this all playoffs and it's worked to perfection this year - I got great odds against new york, boston, and st. louis for all the different levels (DS, CS, WS) and certain game matchups like last night. Nothing like betting against st. louis to win the pennant at 50% BEFORE the playoffs started...

10-20-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyone wanna try?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah? Why don't you work on compiling the Astros SAT scores, and I'll work on the White Sox.

Dude, your mental toughness B.S. has been argued against successfully every time you've brought it up on this thread, and it was also pointed out that it most likely doesn't mean squat.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, actually you're the first one to say anything to it.

umm, see, here's the thing, I play college basketball. I also take 18 hours of classes, and play poker for a living.

so no, I haven't watched chicago. no, I haven't lookerd up their stats. if you read my entire post, you would see that I have nothing but respect for ozzie guillen... amazing manager, should go down in history for what he's done.

I really really, just wanted to know what chi fans thought.

and by the way, if you dont think mental toughness exists,
it's most likely because you're an armchair coach, who hasn't played in any level of competition higher than a parking lot game of grabass.

That having been said, with the information yall are showing me, Im gonna send this to game seven, but still think my stros will take it down, because Im biased... but god are these teams similar.

bu the way... if you're going to disparage what I say... try to do it in a meaningful way... SAT scores? I nkow you were trying to be funny... but thats a stretch

JayLear
10-20-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ummm, actually you're the first one to say anything to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw you bring this point up along with the "scrappy" point at least two other times in this thread, with disputes each time.

[ QUOTE ]
umm, see, here's the thing, I play college basketball. I also take 18 hours of classes, and play poker for a living.

so no, I haven't watched chicago. no, I haven't lookerd up their stats. if you read my entire post, you would see that I have nothing but respect for ozzie guillen... amazing manager, should go down in history for what he's done.

[/ QUOTE ]
Before making statements such as this, it would behoove you to know what you're talking about. Making comparisons without basis makes one seem unintelligent.

[ QUOTE ]
and by the way, if you dont think mental toughness exists, it's most likely because you're an armchair coach, who hasn't played in any level of competition higher than a parking lot game of grabass.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think that playing sports at any level is the epitomy of mental toughness, then you're in for a rude awakening once you get finished with the amusement park you're going though now. Playing college ball and taking 18 hours of classes doesn't make one mentally tough -- and playing poker for a living doesn't magnify that. Let me know how you do once you get through with school and you have to go to work for a living. I won't even begin to tell you what I go through on a daily/weekly basis, but suffice to say, it would blow your mind.

[ QUOTE ]
bu the way... if you're going to disparage what I say... try to do it in a meaningful way... SAT scores? I nkow you were trying to be funny... but thats a stretch

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it was pretty funny... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
You're totally misunderstanding me. this is a sporting event forum, no? Then why are you discussing mental toughness in the capacity of "real life"?

I did not say that my life is hard. It's easy, and fun. I did not say that college + sports + poker makes me mentally tough.

I said this: Within the sports realm, mental toughness plays a huge part. I have seen the Astros exhibit that time and time again. And that type of toughness is neither emulated by, nor comparable to situations in real life, which is something an armchair quarterback wouldn't understand.

And no, it wouldn't blow my mind. I took two years off before college, and I worked full time, paid bills, and lived on my own. Why is it that every "adult" feels so superior to college students?

and yeah, I guess the SAT thing was clever.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're totally misunderstanding me. this is a sporting event forum, no? Then why are you discussing mental toughness in the capacity of "real life"?

I did not say that my life is hard. It's easy, and fun. I did not say that college + sports + poker makes me mentally tough.

I said this: Within the sports realm, mental toughness plays a huge part. I have seen the Astros exhibit that time and time again. And that type of toughness is neither emulated by, nor comparable to situations in real life, which is something an armchair quarterback wouldn't understand.

And no, it wouldn't blow my mind. I took two years off before college, and I worked full time, paid bills, and lived on my own. Why is it that every "adult" feels so superior to college students?

and yeah, I guess the SAT thing was clever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm basiing my superiority over you on spelling and punctuation. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not going to get into the "mental toughness" real life vs. sports argument, or the "adults" vs. college kids thing for risk of turning this into an OOT thread. Suffice to say, if your two year sabbatical to work and pay bills is your basis of comparison, then yes I'm even more convinced that it would blow your mind.

Let's just leave it at this. The Astros and the White Sox are both "mentally tough", which is I'm guessing how they made it this far.

10-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I agree completely with you about both teams being mentally tough, I just wanted to hear from the fans of the other side, as I didn't know much about the team.

As for my spelling and punctuation, I guess I didn't realize that such things would be so closely policed on an internet forum.

I suppose that instead of finding errors in your previous posts, which I'm sure exist, I'll just remember that I got a 1540 on my SAT (mental toughness, mmmmm) and remember that grammar nazi's like you will try to dodge questions by pointing out small grammatical errors.

Good Game, and sieg heil.

CollinEstes
10-20-2005, 03:38 PM
1540 do you play ball for Rice.

10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
No, but I wish I did. I played at San Jac, and will be at Texas State in the spring... Im in a "transition". Right now I play in some D2 Level club leagues.

God what I wouldn't give to play at Rice. Such a crappy team, I could probably start, and what a great education.

CollinEstes
10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I know how you feel. I played Baseball for Lamar. Had the chance to walk-on at Rice with my 1300 but didn't get any scholarships and that price tag is huge.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree completely with you about both teams being mentally tough, I just wanted to hear from the fans of the other side, as I didn't know much about the team.

As for my spelling and punctuation, I guess I didn't realize that such things would be so closely policed on an internet forum.

I suppose that instead of finding errors in your previous posts, which I'm sure exist, I'll just remember that I got a 1540 on my SAT (mental toughness, mmmmm) and remember that grammar nazi's like you will try to dodge questions by pointing out small grammatical errors.

Good Game, and sieg heil.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're quickly turning into a douche bag. It was a joke...notice the: /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Somebody's taking themselves a bit too seriously. Post your resume on Monster.com...I wouldn't wipe my ass with your 1540 SAT score. If you're so smart, act like it.

pokerdirty
10-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Nothing but respect for the Astros and White Sox, they have had great seasons, and both deserve to finally be there. But I do not plan on watching the World Series this year for the first time since I can remember. Maybe it's because i'm a Yankee fan, and all the interest has been sucked out of me after the past 2 ALCS...but these teams have no interest to me whatsoever. Sure there are some great story lines...you have Bags and Biggio who have played 33 seasons between them and finally making their first WS appearance, the dominant pitching with both teams, etc etc, but in the end, I think I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeld.

Am I the only one here that feels like this?

JayLear
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing but respect for the Astros and White Sox, they have had great seasons, and both deserve to finally be there. But I do not plan on watching the World Series this year for the first time since I can remember. Maybe it's because i'm a Yankee fan, and all the interest has been sucked out of me after the past 2 ALCS...but these teams have no interest to me whatsoever. Sure there are some great story lines...you have Bags and Biggio who have played 33 seasons between them and finally making their first WS appearance, the dominant pitching with both teams, etc etc, but in the end, I think I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeld.

Am I the only one here that feels like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
As a White Sox fan, that's fine with me. I didn't watch the W/S in '04 or in '03, other than just in passing. The rest of the country's disinterest in this series doesn't bother me a bit. I do find it curious that you'd take the time to post about a matchup that you could care less about.

CollinEstes
10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
It is fine not to watch because you are a Yankee fan and obviously not a fan of baseball.

This WS will be a true showing of how good baseball is played, with actual strategy compared to most AL slug fests.

10-20-2005, 04:59 PM
ugh. Im sorry, I was being mostly facetious, I did notice the /images/graemlins/grin.gif, and Im sorry.

my bad, and I will try to keep it down. I have had a bad run in or two with smug older people.

jeez I feel sheepish.

JayLear
10-20-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ugh. Im sorry, I was being mostly facetious, I did notice the /images/graemlins/grin.gif, and Im sorry.

my bad, and I will try to keep it down. I have had a bad run in or two with smug older people.

jeez I feel sheepish.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean old!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just kidding dude. No problem. I'm actually impressed with this reply. Let's just look forward to a great series. I'm sure we'll see each other in this thread quite a bit over the next 10 days. Good luck.

pokerdirty
10-20-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is fine not to watch because you are a Yankee fan and obviously not a fan of baseball.

This WS will be a true showing of how good baseball is played, with actual strategy compared to most AL slug fests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a fan of baseball though. I've watched every series since 90 (i was 6 then, and i hated the reds growing up). Sometimes i'm pissed at the Yankees for being that slugging team, because there are times when i think a bunt should be let down and small ball should be played, but not doing it because the guy at the plate has a monster OPS, and then he strikes out trying to swing too hard, etc etc.

I seriously think there's this huge let down this year. In 03, you had great playoff series all around, last year, there was the killer ALCS, and this year, it's just sort of "eh".

10-20-2005, 05:06 PM
indeed, we will be most likely be rubbing elbows and opinions.

oh, and by the older crack, I meant my girlfriend's psychologist father, and an ex-professor. Not you... I mean, for you to be old, you'd have to be at least... 24!

jk, I turn 22 in march.

CollinEstes
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Fair enough, but last year's WS was pretty terrible since St. Louis didn't show up. Diamondbacks and Yanks was probably the best WS in recent years. or I guess Marlins/Yanks.

That said I think you will be missing by not watching at least some of the games in the middle or end of the series becuase I think every game of this thing will be a true battle with alot of tough calls on bunts, squeezes, pitching matchups, Pitch hitters (in Houston), defensive subs, etc that alot of past WS's haven't had.

SammyKid11
10-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Behemoth...you play college athletics AND online poker? Better not let the NCAA find out about that. They'll FREAK OUT and probably ban you for life.

(my roommates were both pitchers for TCU -- they were technically not supposed to be living with me because, at that time, I was a professional sports bettor...but they said they were personally disallowed from ANY gambling)

10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
eh, he he...

did I say both? I meant one or the other...

thanks for the heads up.

Ulysses
10-21-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1540 do you play ball for Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

LET'S GO OWLS!

LET'S GO BERKMAN!

LET'S GO ASTROS!

10-21-2005, 02:21 AM
he's a regular ball of effing sunshine... el, whaddya think the chances are that us houston fans (and citizens) from the site could get together at some bar to pool our cheering into one loud noise?

Im down for the first round.

Ulysses
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
ESPNEWS quote: "If you polled every single expert, including the ones who call themselves experts, not a single one would have said the Astros and White Sox would be playing in the World Series."

F THEM!

LET'S GO AS-TROS!

nolanfan34
10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ESPNEWS quote: "If you polled every single expert, including the ones who call themselves experts, not a single one would have said the Astros and White Sox would be playing in the World Series."

F THEM!

LET'S GO AS-TROS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually remember at the start of the year that there were a few ESPN experts who picked Houston for the Series. But I know they certainly didn't pick the White Sox.

I have to say, I'm looking forward to watching this one. Should be a lot of tension and close games.

Aceshigh7
10-21-2005, 05:28 PM
THE FREAKING WORLD SERIES AT MINUTE MAID PARK!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

Ulysses
10-21-2005, 07:07 PM
ESPN playoff predictions (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179945)

Looks like, out of 16 analysts, only Jim Caple got it right. Like me, he picked all 4 LDS and both LCS right. And, like me, he has the WS picked correctly as well.

LET'S GO AS-TROS!

Aceshigh7
10-22-2005, 03:20 PM
4 more hours to game time. I'm so pumped.

Really hope they get both Lamb & Bagwell in the lineup.

GO ASTROS!

LoaferGee12
10-22-2005, 03:32 PM
This is all happening so fast.

10-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Im going to be alone in the house for the away games, and loud at some bar envying El at the home games.

You're right, this IS happening too fast, I want to savor dammit!

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Gametime approaching. LET'S GO AS-TROS!

wonderwes
10-22-2005, 06:21 PM
As an Astros fan, even though I am currently in Austin, I am following Houston's mayor request to not wear socks all weekend to support the Astros. Yes!

TheRover
10-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Everyone involved with Fox's opening needs to die.

Cubswin
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
i cant believe im going to say this....

GO SOX!!!!

TheRover
10-22-2005, 08:04 PM
over/under on shots of Fox celebrities shown during the game:
6.5 place yer bets.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 08:28 PM
That was one helluva at-bat by Dye.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 08:30 PM
BOOM! GO ASTROS!

TheRover
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6.5 place yer bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie Mac!

1 point.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Alright, keep it together, Roger!

imported_CaseClosed326
10-22-2005, 08:53 PM
He was at the Cubs play games right?

LoaferGee12
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe im going to say this....

GO SOX!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I like to hear!! Let's keep pounding clemens right up the ayn!

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 09:09 PM
LANCE BERKMAN, BABY!

RICE OWLS, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Question. 1 out, guys on 1st and 2nd, Berkman on deck. Who likes going for the sac bunt there?

Edited to add: They just said he was bunting for base hit. Hmmm, OK, I guess.

10-22-2005, 09:11 PM
3-3 so far... good game. Small ball works out so far with Taveras' bunt and Berkman's 2-run double.

Clemens is already done? Ugg.

Oh well Wandy can eat up some innings.

Go astros!

TheRover
10-22-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PS: Question. 1 out, guys on 1st and 2nd, Berkman on deck. Who likes going for the sac bunt there?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't for a hit then it's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

But I don't know.

TheRover
10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was at the Cubs play games right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I have all this blocked from my memory.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I thought it was pretty strange.

10-22-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. Sure, you can let WIlly T swing away and you aren't going to double him up, but if he grounds out, it's 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. This way, we get 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and Berkman coming up. 2 runners in SP instead of one.

Plus Willy might beat it out anyway.

10-22-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I thought it was pretty strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't. At all. Come on Diablo, you know better! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Man! If Willy would have caught that HR ball, that would have been the defensive play of the postseason.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-22-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6.5 place yer bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie Mac!

1 point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer simpson

2nd point

TheRover
10-22-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6.5 place yer bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie Mac!

1 point.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 points in the 5th inning. Over looks good.

10-22-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6.5 place yer bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie Mac!

1 point.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 points in the 5th inning. Over looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really did underestimate this. This is Fox you're talking about.

They are shooting a scene of "House" out in the Astros bullpen right now.

And I think Wilmer Valderrama is selling cotton candy in the upper deck.

And NBA's Rick Fox has a private box.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack Bauer come in to pitch an inning or two of relief.

TheRover
10-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Russ Springer is still around? I had no idea. That's not a good sign.

10-22-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Russ Springer is still around? I had no idea. That's not a good sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's actually pitched pretty well this year. He's had like 4 HORRIBLE outings that have devastated his ERA but aside from those 4 outings he's been far above average.

So it's basically a gamble putting him in.

Garner goes to him when were are BEHIND, and not AHEAD. I like this move, too. Russ seems to like mop-up work moreso than being forced to "throw up a zero" and keep us ahead.

3-6-1 DP!!! WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 09:57 PM
WHAT A DOUBLE PLAY! WAY TO GET OUT OF THAT INNING!!!!

YES!!!!

10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
GROAN! MORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Why must this guy keep failing to do the job?! He's got a LONG way to go before he's really an "all-star" player. I consider him a defensive third baseman.

Oh well, nice to see Willy T get his bat going.

This is basically the toughest game the Sox have played this whole post-season. Even the ANA game they lost, they should have won. They gave that game to ANA.

We've given their hottest pitcher a great battle thusfar, with a rookie going most of the way.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ASTROS PLAYERS!

Crede is just sick right now.

10-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Hmmm, bringing in Qualls now?

I guess he's going Qualls, Springer, then if we get a lead, Wheeler, Lidge.

Wandy did pretty well for a rookie. 5 walks is uncharacteristic of him but he's a battler, and he got out of a lot of trouble. Good job Wandy!

Is Zeke in our pen for long releif if needed? Like they said, Wandy may start game 5 if Roger is hurt. I hope we have Zeke for long-relief then..

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah, really needed to bring Willy in there. Would have been nice to pull that down the line a little more, or at least just a simple sac fly.

10-22-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, really needed to bring Willy in there. Would have been nice to pull that down the line a little more, or at least just a simple sac fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morgan pops the dang thing up so much you'd think we'd have good odds that he'd hit a sac fly. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Good job by Qualls there. Iguchi looks confused at the plate lately. Let's hope he doesn't find his groove before the series ends because that guy is one heck of a situational hitter. I've followed the Sox all season and that kid can play the game.

10-22-2005, 10:24 PM
STOP HITTING THE BALL TO CREDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JESUS is that guy having an out-of-body experience or WHAT!?

PhatTBoll
10-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Good God.

Somebody needs to put Liz Phair out of her misery.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Wow. Crede w/ some nice fielding there. I was sure that was through.

mrbaseball
10-22-2005, 10:27 PM
It sounded like they pulled someone out of the stands at random to sing it.

10-22-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Crede w/ some nice fielding there. I was sure that was through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crede's a very good defensive 3rd baseman. This is not atypical of him. It is however atypical to see him both hitting and fielding well for such a long stretch. He's a very streaky player when it comes to hitting.

He's always solid with the glove.

10-22-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It sounded like they pulled someone out of the stands at random to sing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually impressed. She was playing guitar at the same time.

Shoot, I was at game 5 of the NLCS and the lady who sung the national anthem screwed up TWICE! I think for a woman of Liz Phair's talent, she did quite well.

mrbaseball
10-22-2005, 10:33 PM
The guy is just a lights out third baseman and has been doing this all season long (and last year too). But being on the White Sox he gets little national attention. He's the best I have seen in quite some time.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:34 PM
OMFG, HOW DO WE NOT GET DYE? WEAK.

Jack of Arcades
10-22-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all on Lamb, he had two chances to make the tag and missed them both.

10-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't go that far but yes he's good. Remember, he fouled up in game 1 against anaheim when he came home with the ball instead of going to first. Anaheim went on to win that game. But yes, he's good.

istewart
10-22-2005, 10:36 PM
That was pretty effing bad.

10-22-2005, 10:37 PM
BTW, that futile pickoff attempt was Qualls' fault. He threw it to second too early.

Proper M.O. there is to run directly at the runner and make him commit to either first or second, then throw to that bag. He correctly threw to the furthest bag (2nd) but he did it wayyy to early. That was not Biggio/Lamb's fault. They should have easily nailed Dye.

10-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Qualls didn't make the fundamental play which is to run straight at Dye until Dye commits.

10-22-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all on Lamb, he had two chances to make the tag and missed them both.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so not Lamb's fault. It's Qualls. He got rid of the ball way too early.

10-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Guillen is a joke. Why is Contreras back out for the 8th??

Guillen's pride will be the downfall of him.

EDIT: Another double for Willy T. haha. Ozzie's got a TREMEMDOUS BULLPEN. But he's a proud fool.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I agree w/ K here.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Come on, Lance. Make your Rice Owls proud!!!!!!!

TheRover
10-22-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guillen is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first and last time I quote you to agree with something. Savor it.

Jack of Arcades
10-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Nobody executed that well. If Biggio makes a good throw or Lamb makes a good tag either time it's not even being discussed.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:47 PM
OK Morgan, redemption time. DO IT!

sublime
10-22-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guillen's inablilty to manage in this era will be the downfall of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades
10-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Morgan Ensberg sucks at baseball, I know because I have a sample size of 1.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not watching the game, what is he doing?

im turning it on now

10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody executed that well. If Biggio makes a good throw or Lamb makes a good tag either time it's not even being discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggio was rushed. It's not his fault. That is like saying someone made a mistake on the river when in reality the true mistake was Pre flop. If Qualls plays that right Biggio's throw never even enters the equation.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Jesus. OK. Down to Bags. Come on, baby.

Eurotrash
10-22-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I'm not so sure about that. Mike Lamb appeared to have made the widest tag he could, given where the ball was delivered to him. Biggio could have put the ball in a better spot, but it was mentioned above what caused that play to go wrong -- the pitcher did not run directly at the runner and force him to commit to a direction (the direction you want to run him towards is, obviously, the previous base)

10-22-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im turning it on now

[/ QUOTE ]

UHHH! UHH!!!! Dude, you can't play the role of knowledgable baseball guy if you don't watch this series! GET TO KNOW TWO TEAMS THAT THE MEDIA NEVER PROMOTES!!!!!!

Please watch the series. You'll be doing a disservice to yourself by not.

10-22-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I'm not so sure about that. Mike Lamb appeared to have made the widest tag he could, given where the ball was delivered to him. Biggio could have put the ball in a better spot, but it was mentioned above what caused that play to go wrong -- the pitcher did not run directly at the runner and force him to commit to a direction (the direction you want to run him towards is, obviously, the previous base)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I see someone played little league baseball! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheRover
10-22-2005, 10:54 PM
A hit here would win me a couple bucks, especially if it scored two runs and they held up.

10-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Ensberg = Series LVP.

Jesus, dude. MAKE CONTACT! A double play ties the game up fool!!!!!!!!

I hope Morgan isn't the death of us.

Eurotrash
[ QUOTE ]
That is like saying someone made a mistake on the river when in reality the true mistake was Pre flop. If Qualls plays that right Biggio's throw never even enters the equation.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, this is pretty sad.. I was this close to likening that play to a preflop error in my post /images/graemlins/grin.gif

if the pitcher pursued the runner directly, the entire hand plays a lot easier /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jack of Arcades
Bobby Jenks is a grizzly bear with a death star mounted on his right shoulder.

Eurotrash
10-22-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I see someone played little league baseball! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

varsity high school and American Legion level too, homie, we had to work on that same drill every year. that and how to properly cover first base /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ethan
10-22-2005, 10:59 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

sonofa. how do they not score there?

10-22-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

varsity high school and American Legion level too, homie, we had to work on that same drill every year. that and how to properly cover first base /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a game today and our team caught a guy between first and second and the first baseman starts running to 2nd and nobody is covering the effin bag. It was such a joke. Yeah, we lost. We got one tomorrow though so we can get that taste out of our mouth. We are playing at some church on "Lance Berkman Field". I think it's where Lance tore his ACL in the offseason.

sublime
10-22-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im turning it on now

[/ QUOTE ]

UHHH! UHH!!!! Dude, you can't play the role of knowledgable baseball guy if you don't watch this series! GET TO KNOW TWO TEAMS THAT THE MEDIA NEVER PROMOTES!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, white sox and astros + fox coverage (close ups, please stop, especially of jose contreareas) + joe buck/mccarver = meh, ill watch some of it.

put it on ESPN and no joe morgan and ill watch the whole series.

10-22-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Because NOTHING this year has been easy for the Astros. My dad made this comment to me after game 5 of the NLCS.

Ensberg should be dropped in the lineup. The guy is clogging up the middle of their lineup. And Guillen is a 7-year-old who calls for his reliever by signalling for the tall, fat guy.

WTF?? What a clown.

10-22-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im turning it on now

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, white sox and astros + fox coverage (close ups, please stop, especially of jose contreareas) + joe buck/mccarver = meh, ill watch some of it.

put it on ESPN and no joe morgan and ill watch the whole series.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have 2 random fans doing the play-by-play. Buck is degenerating into a grade-A tool.

"AJ 'CONTROVERSY' Pierzynski". What a d***.

He isn't 1/10th what Jack Buck was. Joe Buck should be an insurance claims adjuster or something.

10-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I'd like to say it's a very good sign that Baggy caught up to an up-an-away 99mph fastball from Jenks, to foul it off.

I'm quite shocked he could get around on this pitch. I thought he was relegated to having to hit hanging curves and change-ups for homeruns. Apparently he may still be able to take the fastball out of the park.

sublime
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
well i love baseball, and cant watch this production.

amazingly, buck and mccarver will be brought back, more close ups will be ordered and more annoying graphics will be added.

Jack of Arcades
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggio was rushed. It's not his fault. That is like saying someone made a mistake on the river when in reality the true mistake was Pre flop. If Qualls plays that right Biggio's throw never even enters the equation.

[/ QUOTE ]

But none of that changes the fact that Lamb was actually in position to tag Dye *twice* - once on the initial slide, and once on Dye's overslide. Lamb didn't even make a good effort to apply the tag, and once he missed, he didn't bother following through in case Dye overslid (I've seen 3 people tagged out on overslides this year in Braves games alone).

Qualls failed to execute there, but Lamb was still put in position to make the play. He failed to do so *twice.*

Of course, part of it is simply that Lamb is a right-hand thrower and it shows why RH 1Bs can be a handicap, since it's harder for him to actually tag Dye than it would've been for a LH 1B.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 11:11 PM
ugh.

Edited to add: I take that back. LET'S GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eurotrash
10-22-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But none of that changes the fact that Lamb was actually in position to tag Dye *twice* - once on the initial slide, and once on Dye's overslide. Lamb didn't even make a good effort to apply the tag, and once he missed, he didn't bother following through in case Dye overslid (I've seen 3 people tagged out on overslides this year in Braves games alone).

Qualls failed to execute there, but Lamb was still put in position to make the play. He failed to do so *twice.*

Of course, part of it is simply that Lamb is a right-hand thrower and it shows why RH 1Bs can be a handicap, since it's harder for him to actually tag Dye than it would've been for a LH 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf game were you watching? Dye didn't overslide; once his hand caught the bag, he did not lose contact with it (or at least it appeared that way to me)

and as I mentioned before, Lamb made a pretty wide tag for where the ball was delivered. I'll give you that he was put in position to make the play once, but only with an outstanding tag

TheRover
10-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Just give me a [censored] run.

Jack of Arcades
10-22-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(or at least it appeared that way to me)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dye's hand briefly came off the bag.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im turning it on now

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, im a busy guy. ive got [censored] to do.

i am a little burned out after an intense yankee season, i didnt watch much of the LCSs at all but youre just off base here. there are also tons of people who say stuff like "if its the yankees and the red sox im not watching it". you need to calm down about the media hype, the yankees and the red sox get the most attention for a reason. they are the two most popular teams, and have played some [censored] mindblowing baseball the last two seasons. if there was a rivalry like that between the chisox and astros they would get that much coverage.

also, how many times have the astros had the leadoff man on and not scored? that is just not how the game is supposed to be played.

mrbaseball
10-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Let's GO, GO GO White Sox!

TheRover
10-22-2005, 11:19 PM
That was total PWNAGE.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:21 PM
lsu-auburn is in OT. i need a baseball update.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 11:22 PM
gg, Sox. Astros had their chances and the Sox gutted it out when they had to. But the Astros showed they can put some runs on the board, plus they were making lots more solid contact. I'm feeling good about the Astros taking the next 2.

Eurotrash
[ QUOTE ]
lsu-auburn is in OT. i need a baseball update.

[/ QUOTE ]

all over, White Sox draw first blood

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im turning it on now

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, im a busy guy. ive got [censored] to do.

i am a little burned out after an intense yankee season, i didnt watch much of the LCSs at all but youre just off base here. there are also tons of people who say stuff like "if its the yankees and the red sox im not watching it". you need to calm down about the media hype, the yankees and the red sox get the most attention for a reason. they are the two most popular teams, and have played some [censored] mindblowing baseball the last two seasons. if there was a rivalry like that between the chisox and astros they would get that much coverage.

also, how many times have the astros had the leadoff man on and not scored? that is just not how the game is supposed to be played.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, these are all good reasons to shelf this world series.

(Sarcasm)

10-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah we got Pettitte going tomorrow and he's got plenty of experience pitching in US Cellular as well as against their hitters.

Good signs this game: Willy T getting 2 doubles off "The BEST PITCHER EVER!" And Baggy getting some good hacks against Jenks' best fastball.

I think this loss falls on Clemens and Ensberg.

But White Sox definitely played well enough to beat us. Good game Sox and let's get tomorrows game to bring it back to MMP with a split!

mrbaseball
[ QUOTE ]
lots more solid contact

[/ QUOTE ]

Contreras wasn't real good tonight. But I think Cotts and Jenks answered the bullpen "rust" question.

KDawgCometh
one down, three to go baby

10-22-2005, 11:26 PM
We look forward to more quality analysis from you, sir.

Voltron87
10-22-2005, 11:27 PM
you didnt respond to any of the content in my post.

LoaferGee12
10-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow awesome game. I was going insane this entire game. Tommorrow is gonna be nuts and I really think Buerhle is gonna put em down.

Ulysses
10-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Game 4 is gonna be big after the Astros take down the next 2. Wow, what a Series this is gonna be!

LoaferGee12
10-22-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Game 4 is gonna be big after the Astros take down the next 2. Wow, what a Series this is gonna be!

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, who's gonna pitch for clemens??

JayLear
10-23-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we got Pettitte going tomorrow and he's got plenty of experience pitching in US Cellular as well as against their hitters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buehrle going tomorrow night, IMO the White Sox best pitcher. Lights out at th Cell so far this year. 10-2 w/ a 2.48 ERA at home in the regular season, and 2-0 postseason. And actually, most of the Sox hitters have +.300 BA vs. Pettitte.

JayLear
10-23-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Because NOTHING this year has been easy for the Astros. My dad made this comment to me after game 5 of the NLCS.

Ensberg should be dropped in the lineup. The guy is clogging up the middle of their lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was posting the same thing about Crede after game 1 of the ALCS.
[ QUOTE ]
And Guillen is a 7-year-old who calls for his reliever by signalling for the tall, fat guy.

WTF?? What a clown.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing to me that this bothers people.

JayLear
10-23-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good God.

Somebody needs to put Liz Phair out of her misery.

[/ QUOTE ]

JayLear
10-23-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one down, three to go baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Great game. That's one. We've got Buehrle going tomorrow night. It would be huge to go into Houston up 2-0. Then the only thing that would make my game 6 tickets irrelevant would be a White Sox series win in Houston, which I'll certainly take as a trade off.

So we learned in game 3 of the ALCS that Garland's layoff didn't make him rusty. And I think we've learned here that we don't need to be worried about the bullpen being rusty.

Guillen gets raked over the coals in this forum on a regular basis, but there's a lot to be said about the way he leads this team, not just on the field, but in the clubhouse. These guys aren't acting like they've never been here before. I didn't like to see Contreras come back out for the 8th, but I know why he did it. He didn't want to waste a righty out of the pen on one batter, because regardless Berkman was going to see a lefty to turn him around next. He trusted Contreras to get out one more batter. I think he'd like to have it back, but we all know it doesn't work like that.

I love the guy. Loved him as a player, and applauded when they hired him. And now here we are, and he's a huge part of it.

Go White Sox!

Aceshigh7
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Was funny watching all those frostbitten fans so happy. They don't realize that they will likely only win one more game this entire series. So I hope they enjoy it while they can tonight.

The Astros played like crap, lost their HOF starting pitcher after two, executed poorly on offense and defense, and the game was still right there for the taking at the end.

The Sox are going to take an ass whupping tomorrow. Pettitte is gonna shut them down.

JayLear
10-23-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was funny watching all those frostbitten fans so happy. They don't realize that they will likely only win one more game this entire series. So I hope they enjoy it while they can tonight.

The Astros played like crap, lost their HOF starting pitcher after two, executed poorly on offense and defense, and the game was still right there for the taking at the end.

The Sox are going to take an ass whupping tomorrow. Pettitte is gonna shut them down.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the White Sox win tomorrow night I hope you'll be around to accept responsibility for this nonsense.

Aceshigh7
10-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Of course I will, but it ain't gonna happen.

Colonel Kataffy
10-23-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's GO, GO GO White Sox!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely great. I never thought my team making it to the World Series would be this exciting. I don't even know what to say.

astroglide
10-23-2005, 01:06 AM
liz phair sang terribly. hit some consistently sour notes and demonstrated a remarkably light range for a woman.

i'll say it: go astros.

i actually like the cubs and wouldn't like to see the white sox rub it in their face. i'd rather have the national league win. i like the idea of a no-series franchise winning. i like andy pettitte. all of the cardinal players can't seem to say enough good things about them.

it was fun watching jenks close, though.

10-23-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Buehrle going tomorrow night, IMO the White Sox best pitcher. Lights out at th Cell so far this year. 10-2 w/ a 2.48 ERA at home in the regular season, and 2-0 postseason. And actually, most of the Sox hitters have +.300 BA vs. Pettitte.

[/ QUOTE ]

He (Buehrle) doesn't fare nearly as well in night games as he does day.

10-23-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And Guillen is a 7-year-old who calls for his reliever by signalling for the tall, fat guy.

WTF?? What a clown.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing to me that this bothers people.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't bother me but it's sort of disrespectful, IMO. It just looks very unprofessional, that's all. The guy can do whatever he wants though. I don't think he gives a s*** about what K's Deal thinks of his actions. That's why he is Ozzie Guillen.

10-23-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I love the guy. Loved him as a player, and applauded when they hired him. And now here we are, and he's a huge part of it.

Go White Sox!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of this praise should land on the shoulders of GM Kenny Williams. Just from last year, this team has 4 NEW BALLPLAYERS, each playing a HUGE role in the reason why they are here. He traded Lee for Podsednik, he acquired Jermaine Dye and lost an ailing Magglio Ordonez, they got rid of Jamie Burke/Ben Davis/Miguel Olivo at catcher spot and acquired the media's so-called "clubhouse cancer" AJ P. who has worked wonders with the staff, and he plucked Tad Iguchi from somewhere in Japan, and he has been, as Ozzie has said many times "our MVP". Oh, KW also acquired Garcia, Contreras, and El Duque.

This is KEN WILLIAMS' team, not Ozzie Guillen's. Don't you forget it. All Guillen is is the cheerleader who tries to f*** up as little as he possibly can.

10-23-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

it was fun watching jenks close, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just hope he doesn't hurt his back, like "Tub of Goo" Bartolo Colon.

6'3" 270? Jeez. And I think they are being conservative there. That's a lot of weight on a 75-inch frame.

RunDownHouse
10-23-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I, too, will be a major Sox fan for the next two weeks, so that I can take extreme pleasure in the anguish and pain coursing through K Steel's soul.

I hope he cries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you leak a little? Squirt some? If so, please post pics.

Voltron87
10-23-2005, 12:16 PM
i really dont see the big deal about the big fat signal. if that pisses someone off they need to take a step back and stop the hate.

also, for real, what did ozzie do that was stupid last night?

Benholio
10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ensberg should be dropped in the lineup. The guy is clogging up the middle of their lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is silly. Ensberg was the best Astros hitter this year. Berkman had similar stats (you could argue either one), but nobody else has been close.

Clarkmeister
10-23-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you sweep on the phone, stop setting yourself up for disappointment. The Astros were a team begging to get beat and TLR and the boys gripped so hard that they managed not to. Now you are up against the anti-grip manager and a team playing the best baseball in either league right now.