PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Party skins affiliates

SinCityGuy
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
The contract for the shared platform on the iglobalmedia skins (Empire, Multipoker, Eurobet and Intertops) will be expiring in the near future, and there is some speculation that Party will not be renewing the contracts, and the entities will go their separate ways.

In my opinion, this would be devastating to the skins, because the majority of their player base consists of semi-professional and professional players who feast on the huge fish pool at PartyPoker.com. Basically, the skins would be left with a preponderance of skilled players who play there primarily for rakeback. Of course, if these players are left to play against each other, they will be forced to look for greener pastures in order to survive.

Do some of you affiliates have some more insight and information on this?

rt1
10-04-2005, 07:27 PM
What makes you think that party will not renew the contracts?

What makes you think the contracts are ending in the future?

If party were to 'drop' a skin, they would lose all of the players from that skin. This would make the # of users at the site drop significantly... this is no way benifits party/igm... remember, they are a publically traded company now, so losing users will def hurt the value of the stock... not something they want.

dont worry, skins are here to stay.

rwesty
10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Party has much more bargaining power than the skins have. Do you really think this won't affect the skins much? It could easily benefit Party to force players to use Party instead of a skin.

Inthacup
10-04-2005, 08:05 PM
The contract for the shared platform on the iglobalmedia skins (Empire, Multipoker, Eurobet and Intertops) will be expiring in the near future

I'm curious of your source for this information as well.

Cup

Ron-Mexico
10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Ive actually heard they are up in ~14 months

SinCityGuy
10-04-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to dig up the information (I wish I had saved some of these links after I read them), but I believe it's a two year contract which has been in effect for over a year.

There has been a smattering of financial articles recently on Party's attempt to consolodate their player base, either by buying out the existing skins or by splitting from the skins and expanding by buying out some smaller sites.

Inthacup
10-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Can you at least post a link where you read this?

stoxtrader
10-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I think each skin has negotiated individually. I do not know the specific terms or lengths.

morgant
10-05-2005, 12:35 PM
i just met with one of the skins and they have just recently renewed their contract for an undisclosed amount of time, but i was given assurance that the current landscape is sound and will be so for the forseeable future.

Greg J
10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Semi-hijack (sorry SCG):

If anything I would expect Party to start trying to get other other smaller sites to play on the Party network to get thier players too, as opposed to letting skins go. I am certainly not an industry insider though, but some of you cats are. Anyone in the know have any thoughts on rooms like, i dunno, maybe Doyle's Room, or some other smallish site out there joining the Party network?

CarlNiclas
10-06-2005, 11:18 AM
From a business perspective, that will probably start to happen when it is apparent to the poker companies that the rate of player growth (= rate the business is expanding) is decreasing. Then mergers/take-overs/consolidations etc will become more attractive as it will be an easier and more profitable route to take to enhance the company assets. I am no insider in this business, but I'll hazard a guess that this phase of the internet poker industry is about to happen very soon, if it hasn't already begun. How this will affect the players is anyone's guess.

Sniper
10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Party was very clear in all discussions surrounding their latest financial release that there will be no additional Party Skins.

SinCityGuy
10-08-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More like "right now".

Wow.

ozyman
10-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow, talk about dead on.

NLSoldier
10-08-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just met with one of the skins and they have just recently renewed their contract for an undisclosed amount of time, but i was given assurance that the current landscape is sound and will be so for the forseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? you got straight lied to?

SinCityGuy
10-08-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, talk about dead on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I had brought this up a couple of times the past few months, and I got some sarcastic "the sky is falling" replies.

Greg J
10-09-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Semi-hijack (sorry SCG):

If anything I would expect Party to start trying to get other other smaller sites to play on the Party network to get thier players too, as opposed to letting skins go. I am certainly not an industry insider though, but some of you cats are. Anyone in the know have any thoughts on rooms like, i dunno, maybe Doyle's Room, or some other smallish site out there joining the Party network?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to officially nominate myself for the most inaccurate prediction post on the 2+2 forums for the 2005 poker year.

Can I do that?

Tk79
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Semi-hijack (sorry SCG):

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to officially nominate myself for the most inaccurate prediction post on the 2+2 forums for the 2005 poker year.

Can I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

No arguement here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont worry, skins are here to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys need to hire SinCityGuy so you can get some trusted reliable sources for information. I am very serious.

sawseech
10-09-2005, 04:36 AM
there will definitely be alot of consolidation in the coming years

no i am not an insider

John Ho
10-09-2005, 05:32 AM
WOW!!!! No....credibility.....what.....so......ever.

But what else is anyone going to say? Of course they wouldn't tell you you're about to lose most of your income.

If they did by chance tell you then you made a big mistake not letting us know because I took last week off from poker. Had I known my rakeback was going bye bye I would have put in a good 100 hours last week. There would have been high volume on the skins this week had we known the gravy train was over as we know it.

But I've already found a way to overcome this so who cares? Maybe the Party games will get even softer because all the barely profitable pre-rakeback players will stop playing and get jobs. Yum yum.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

froggy527
10-09-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoever you met with might need a punch in the nose! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Larimani
10-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Priceless.