PDA

View Full Version : AQ - quietly played

mute
10-04-2005, 06:52 PM
MP is unknown and BB is 50/1/.4

Is going for the overcall the right idea here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls,

Spartan1983
10-04-2005, 07:00 PM
With the 2nd J falling on the turn, I'm raising. If either one has a J or K their staying, raising the J. Why let them go for the boat cheaply?

admiralfluff
10-04-2005, 07:02 PM
with the board pairing, and bringing 2 diamonds, this is a terrible spot for an overcall.

Even if the turn brought a rag, I would raise expecting BB to call with any A or any Q (or probably any hand he would call one bet with), where he would likely fold the river when he missed.

kidcolin
10-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I raise the flop because I hate slowplaying. Especially with a broadway straight. Everyone's got a piece of the board that they're willing to pay with, and two pair hands might 3-bet you.

Given how you played it, definitely raise the turn.

10-04-2005, 07:07 PM
The overall nets you 1BB. I'd rather raise the turn and pick up the 1BB from the MP and maybe 2BB if the big blidn picked up a draw he can't refuse (e.g. trips or a diamond draw).

If you had the nut straight with 1 card (e.g. 4 to the straight on the board), the overall makes more as a raise is just going to get you HU with someone you might very well split the pot with.

StellarWind
10-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Play this hand hard and fast.

Your hand is very strong and not afraid of a lot of action. The board is dangerous which means lots of hands are eager to draw or showdown. Two very good reasons for putting your foot to the floor.

nervous
10-04-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re: AQ - quietly played

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
mute
enthusiast

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody else finds this funny?

goofball
10-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I agree with them. There are too many hands that are drawing very live to just call here. Gotta charge them. hell, AJ might even 3bet you.

mute
10-04-2005, 07:32 PM
I was probably a bit too anxious to keep them in here, thinking that MP might just be donking around, and BB would call one bet with all sorts of marginal hands.

[ QUOTE ]
AJ might even 3bet you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and so might Q9 (which was what he had).

Just wanted to make sure, that I suck.

kidcolin
10-04-2005, 07:38 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I was probably a bit too anxious to keep them in here, thinking that MP might just be donking around, and BB would call one bet with all sorts of marginal hands.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
AJ might even 3bet you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and so might Q9 (which was what he had).

Just wanted to make sure, that I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I always play fast. It probably would've gotten to a 3-bet on the turn before he slowed down. Or he woulda just called the flop and c/r'd the turn. Either way, mad $$$, yo.