PDA

View Full Version : Calling in the BB with crap

Dex
10-04-2005, 06:22 PM
6max. You are the BB with 32o. Folded to SB who raises. You believe SB will raise here with any two cards and, if called, will autobet any flop.

Do you call?

If you said "fold", what is the lowest hand you will call with?

10-04-2005, 07:03 PM
In theory, you'll win more than 25% of the time, so you'd call. In practice, it's impossible to play and you fold. I'm not sure what I play here. Any ace, any suited, any king, most Queens, J8o or better, and probably any connectors 89 and above.

Basically, any hand that has showdown value UI, or is relatively easy to play improve (e.g J8o makes top or 2nd pair most of the time it catches the flop).

I suck HU though.

kidcolin
10-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I think a lot of people advocate any two cards 4 or higher, or something near there. Maybe 5 and higher.

goofball
10-04-2005, 07:12 PM
32o i fold. I'm calling with Any A, and K, and Q, J5, T7, 96, 85, and 76 I think, or better.

sammy_g
10-04-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In theory, you'll win more than 25% of the time, so you'd call. In practice, it's impossible to play and you fold. I'm not sure what I play here. Any ace, any suited, any king, most Queens, J8o or better, and probably any connectors 89 and above.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is what they recommend in HPFAP, but there you are out of position in the BB. In a 6 max game, you have position against the SB. This makes a huge difference HU.

Against someone who will literally raise any two and bet any flop, this seems much too tight when you have position. In fact, you could call without looking at your cards and raise any flop and show a profit until SB catches on. You probably want to fold your worst hands so he sometimes wins and keeps trying his ultra-aggresive strategy. Then sometimes just call and slowplay your pairs to change it up. You will get his chips eventually.

If I were only going to play one hand against this guy, I would call with the 23o.

Dex
10-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Wow, somehow I missed this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=3367780) thread. Jeez.

Different player in the SB, though.

Jeff W
10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are the BB with 32o. Folded to SB who raises. You believe SB will raise here with any two cards and, if called, will autobet any flop.

Do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.