PDA

View Full Version : Checked KK on river

10-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Fixed Original Subject...

Had just sat down at the table, so no reads yet.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Felt like I played it OK until the end. Not sure if I should have bet on the river or not. I figured that busted draws would fold and only someone who could beat me would call. Suppose there was a small chance that someone with an Ace might have folded to a bet, but I didn't think it was too likely.

10-04-2005, 05:56 PM
how did you fold KK on the river then ?

Russ McGinley
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
If he has an ace he is not folding for one bet on the river. Ever.

10-04-2005, 06:03 PM
looks like a good line to me, expect to see Ace little or the busted draw

silencio
10-04-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks like a good line to me, expect to see Ace little or the busted draw

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's not really busted ain't it ? Hero might have saved a bet or two against a possible flash.

10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Here's what happened. Still not sure why he didn't bet out. Maybe he was also afraid of the flush.

BB showed [7h 8c] and won ($12) with a straight, Five to Nine

POKhER
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks fine, your way behind an ace and way ahead of everything untill the river. Puts you behind two possible holdings of villan so checking is cool.

i'd expect to see Ax more than flush.

gonzopro
10-04-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still not sure why he didn't bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was planning to ck raise. He probably put you on a Ace and thought you'd value bet the river. I like your line.

WSOP Bound
10-04-2005, 06:42 PM
:grunch:

I think I agree with your assessment. I think that he has a weak A. The only other thing that makes sense is a smaller pocket pair or a draw. A very large majority of weaker hands (i.e. small pocket pairs, busted draws) are folding here. Marginal, but stronger, hands such as a Weak Ace are calling at this point and there is nothing that we can do about it. Made draws are likely to try to c/r me here. Since I am last to act I think I take the free showdown.

Now off to see if I was even close /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A_K
10-04-2005, 07:27 PM
That is a pretty ugly river card for you. Unless you have a super-loose read on your opponent, you can safely check behind. He either has a small ace, completed a FD or SD on the river, or he won't call your river bet.

eviljeff
10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
*grunch*

this is one of those situations where you're likely beat if called. I guess villain could be calling down with x6 or a PP, but I think this is an easy check. you're not folding an ace at this point.

eviljeff
10-04-2005, 07:31 PM
you have AQ and no flush, what do you do when he c/r the river?

WSOP Bound
10-04-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have AQ and no flush, what do you do when he c/r the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. I can't fold, but there aren't many hands that I beat that would make sense of the c/r