PDA

View Full Version : Soooted

The Truth
10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
10-20 6 max 5 handed

Villain just sat down this hand and is in BB.

I get Qs7s in the co.
folded to me, i raise.

button and sb fold, bb calls.

flop: ks 9s Td
he checks, i bet, he calls.

turn: Ah
check, check

river 9d
he bets, i fold.

Kyle
10-04-2005, 05:45 PM
I like the turn check. A bet there is no good because he aint gonna fold a pair and getting check raised would make me vomit. The river plays itself. Good fold. NH

EDIT: I dont read post well the first time.

brick
10-04-2005, 05:46 PM
I never know the right answer to this question but I'm dying to know.

I usually bet, get raised, and fold the river.
Or I bet, get called and check the river and lose to 33.

Good fold once you checked.

B Dids
10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't know about the 10/20, but I like betting turns like this at 3/6. The A is either a shitty card for us, or a great card, and we'll take it down here with a decent regularity.

Kyle
10-04-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about the 10/20, but I like betting turns like this at 3/6. The A is either a shitty card for us, or a great card, and we'll take it down here with a decent regularity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have a spade draw you have to check this turn I believe. Without it a bet would be called for.

B Dids
10-04-2005, 06:11 PM
I want to win the pot now. If I don't, then I have a chance to win it later.

Kyle
10-04-2005, 06:22 PM
In a big pot I like that line of thinking, but since this pot is small and your going to have to see the river if raised. Your risking more with a bet here then you gain. The villian isnt going to fold a pair. If he peeled with an ace he just got there and your getting raised which is going to cost you two big bets.

irishpint
10-04-2005, 06:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

problem is you cannot fold to a turn c/raise. and villian is betting river close to 100% of the time if we check the turn and those times we hit a spade we're getting 2 bets.

so when we don't hit we dont lose $, and win we do hit we win more $.

DeezNutz3
10-04-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a big pot I like that line of thinking, but since this pot is small and your going to have to see the river if raised. Your risking more with a bet here then you gain. The villian isnt going to fold a pair. If he peeled with an ace he just got there and your getting raised which is going to cost you two big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line of thinking will work less for big pots as their odds to draw/showdown are much better. I think this turn is a bet for the reason that you will win the pot right here often and put a lot of pressure on a weak holding.

ArturiusX
10-04-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Killing our implied odds later on the river if we hit, plus getting check-raised destroys us on the turn.

Lurkmaster Flex
10-04-2005, 07:21 PM
I like the turn bet more with the gutshot in addition to the flush draw. I lean towards the turn bet but it's close.

goofball
10-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Perfect. Remember we have a J as an out as well.

Jeff W
10-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I fire another barrel on the turn.

B Dids
10-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Why do we think he has anything?

So far he's defended to a steal attempt and called a flop. This tells me that... well... he hasn't folded yet. The fact that we can call a c/r just seems like another reason to take down the pot.

Subfallen
10-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, when people call that flop against a PFR they usually either have a pair+gutshot they're not folding on the turn, a straight draw they're not folding on the turn, a pair they're not folding on the turn, or some hand they're going to c/r on the turn.

nh