PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst Party Poker Players

QMC
05-20-2003, 01:56 PM
I am trying to compile a list of Party Poker "Regulars". The following are from personal observation of mostly No Limit games. I do not have any statistical software (If it even works on Party Poker).

Great:
Fontenot
PoshNosh
BMW040 (NL tourney as well)
AeonBlues

Good:
PaperMate
freeforall
max66 (NL tournaments)
max_pot

Poor:

Fish:
Pepepetu

I realize this is only a few and may not be statistically correct. Does anyone have any further observations or statistics that they would like to share?

Legenda
05-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Don't use party poker, but a system of ranking players is a awesome idea. I mostly play paradise and have a different system. Does anyone else have any ranking methods for paradise?

LG

lefty rosen
05-20-2003, 03:25 PM
What about that nutbar yourchoice? he plays 50/1 there goes through money faster than Ivana Trump on a shopping spree.......

lefty rosen
05-20-2003, 03:25 PM
What about that nutbar yourchoice? he plays 50/1 there goes through money faster than Ivana Trump on a shopping spree.......

lil'
05-20-2003, 10:42 PM
I have always felt uncomfortable posting names of bad players on this site. God forbid they should run across their names here. First, it's humiliating, and second, they might give up the game or play better.

lefty rosen
05-20-2003, 10:53 PM
It was a joke, he's a friend of mine, I was busting his balls........

Legend27
05-21-2003, 07:22 AM
I've played the NL tables on party every day for the last month and i've played with all the guys on your list...

Great:
Fontenot - yeah he's real good, one of the best easily
PoshNosh - i didn't think he was good at all, i would have put him on my poor players list
BMW040 (NL tourney as well)
AeonBlues- same here i didn't think he was good at all.

Good:
PaperMate
freeforall - definetly not good.
max66 (NL tournaments)
max_pot

Poor:

Fish:
Pepepetu - yeah he's terrible.

some new additons for your list:

Good players:

Bugman68
Shanjac
Rollaj
Darreljahn

Bad:

x742093476
SteveC89102
KennethG

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, I know a ton more. If any one is interested I'll make another post later when I remember some more.

lil'
05-21-2003, 08:20 AM
Hey, no problem. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Other people have done it and been serious. It feels wrong when they do.

RollaJ
05-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Thansk for the nod, I will consult my pokertracker when I get home and list some of the better players I have encountered. I havent played there a lot recently but the stats dont change, just some of the faces at the tables. I think I may be done with the NL games, my earn rate was good at about $12 an hour on the $.25-$.50 blind games, but it seems I make a lot more playing even 2-4 limit and I also play up to 5-10 limit but dont have reliable stats yet.

Legenda
05-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Rollaj,

You play much on Paradise NL? Think i recognise the name. What do yo think of the play there compared to other sites. I find I make a littke less on Paradise but the games are quicker and there;s always a few chas games on the go. Apparently Ladbookes is meant to be live, but it's slow and prone to crashing so it's kinda bitter sweet......

I thni there is a line between all out making money, and having a bit of fun and relaxing playing; especially as this has not yet become my main source of income....

LG

RollaJ
05-21-2003, 10:40 AM
The players at paradise are much better in my opinion, There are many players who play there either full time or at least 3 hours a day. These players if they were not good when they started have become very good. There are about 10 players that if there are more than 2 of those 10 at a table I wouldnt play there.
I also like paradise better beacuse of the software and more importantly you make money faster. At party the $50 buyin table has $.50-$1.00 blinds if Im not mistaken, while at paradise the lowest table is $50 buyin and the blinds 25/50. what this means is that when a fish sits down with the full $50 and makes a dumb play you take their entire $50 stack, at party you take their entire $25 stack, so it takes longer to make some good money. But while you wait for a good hand you are paying less in blinds.
So basically there are reasons to play both sites
Party is softer
Paradise ha s a better format/software
.excuse the rambling, Im not in the mood to think /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

ResidentParanoid
05-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Anyone have opinions on who the good low and mid *limit* holdem players on Party are?

lefty rosen
05-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Look at the pot averages, not very on the 50/1 and the mid limits fair. If you play tight and mentally can't handle the whacko beats you will get at 50/1 dont bother its crazy, it gets better once you go above that, but it's still not as good as Paradise Poker.

onlinechamp
05-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Lets make a list of the best 15-30 holdem players on party poker!

Martin Aigner
05-21-2003, 05:07 PM
What about the tourney players? Who are best?

Please no "worst"-list, since itīs not OK to mention the names of bad players on this site IMHO and, who knows, I might find myself on the list. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Regards

Martin Aigner

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Plus, if you tell a fish he's a fish, he may swim away.

lorinda
05-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Plus, if you tell a fish he's a fish, he may swim away

Pokerscene....YOU ARE A FISH.

testing...
testing...

Lori

Simon Diamond
05-21-2003, 06:02 PM

RollaJ
05-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Here is a list of people I have played with at empire/party at NL who after 150 hands were up money

Randy50=$68=251 hands
Turquiose=30=233
spiketom=23=213
fontenot=67=204
charles123=40=197
clifftop=108=188
fmpoker=11=172

This in no way tells you who is the best out there, as it only reflects people i have played 150 hands with, and what they did over that short period of time.

The shortlist for paradise(ie not all the data, but who is up after 150 hands)

pokermon76
londonsmithy
not again!
vb'er
perto
styxx (up $40 after 121 hands)
bonemaster
jackoneye
oldman
call_me_down

billy jack
05-21-2003, 09:18 PM
I made a list a few months back of the top players at 3-6.Since then my list has slightly changed.After following it closely for 3 months it is very obvious who the best players there are.There are probably at the most 5-6 elite players at that level who are the long run winners and who destroy the rest.I wont post there ids (i will if someone wants it bad )but maybe you can all take a few guesses as to who.