PDA

View Full Version : C/R Vs. Betting out with sets from EP

lautzutao
10-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Here's the scenerio. You limp with PP and it's raised behind you, or you're calling a raise from the blinds.

You flop the set and are 100%(or close to it) sure the PFR is going to bet out. Do you attempt the C/R? If you say no, are there ever conditions under which you do this(small pots, HU, board texture etc...)?

gharp
10-04-2005, 04:01 PM
It depends almost entirely on my position relative to the preflop raiser. If he's on my left, I'm probably check-raising. On my right, I'm probably betting out.

If he's in the middle then it depends on other stuff. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lautzutao
10-04-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends almost entirely on my position relative to the preflop raiser. If he's on my left, I'm probably check-raising. On my right, I'm probably betting out.

If he's in the middle then it depends on other stuff. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only talking about when the PFR acts after you on the flop.

gharp
10-04-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only talking about when the PFR acts after you on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, sure. Well it doesn't really change my answer -- my goal is (usually) to get the most possible chips to the center. If he's waaaay to my left (ie, I'm the BB and he's the CO/button, etc) then I'll probably bet out. If he's on my immediate left (UTG/UTG+1 when I'm BB) then I'll check-raise.

davelin
10-04-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends almost entirely on my position relative to the preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I hope you all see why.

lautzutao
10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you are looking to trap as many people as possible.

if it's SH or HU is it better to Donkbet it? What types of players are we donkbetting if this is the right play(aggressive and rocks correct?)

10-04-2005, 04:23 PM
With a set I'm usually trying to get as many bets in the pot as possible.

So, if there are callers between me and PFR, I bet, hoping to catch some callers in the middle. I usually 3-bet if raised. Often the PFR isn't thinking about the possibility you have a set, and will do the raising for you.

If PFR is immediately to my left, I checkraise. If I'm 3-bet, I may worry about a higher set if it's possible, but I usually cap here anyway and then think about slowing down on the turn and river.

10-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Depends. Heads-up, I'll bet (hoping the PFR will raise like he should) and call. I'll check the turn, he'll bet thinking I'll fold, and I'll check-raise there. I'll use this about 50-75% of the time in that situation.

With a few people in the pot, it depends on the texture of the flop. If it's non-threatening, I'll check hoping to trap a few callers, and then raise (or re-raise even).

10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if it's SH or HU is it better to Donkbet it? What types of players are we donkbetting if this is the right play(aggressive and rocks correct?)

[/ QUOTE ]
If by "donkbet" you mean lead out the turn, yes, every time.

I don't usually want to drive villain out of the hand, which is what might happen with a c/r, and it would kill me if villain should check behind. And again, often a PFR will handle the raising for me.

BlackjackAJ
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends. Heads-up, I'll bet (hoping the PFR will raise like he should) and call. I'll check the turn, he'll bet thinking I'll fold, and I'll check-raise there. I'll use this about 50-75% of the time in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I like to take. Villain will usually raise unimproved AK in this spot and will almost always bet the turn no matter what happens.

Redd
10-04-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It depends almost entirely on my position relative to the preflop raiser and the nature of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPs

lautzutao
10-04-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It depends almost entirely on my position relative to the preflop raiser and the nature of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPs

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright..what the heck does FYP mean?

gharp
10-04-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPs

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I said almost. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it's possible that the type of players who are trapped could make a difference too (for example, maybe I'm less likely to worry about facing someone with two cold if I know he'll call with anything).

Redd
10-04-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPs

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP means 'Fixed your post.'

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP