PDA

View Full Version : Software (HUDs) for SNGs?

housenuts
10-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Is any software useful for SNGs?
I've been playing ring games for the past year or so and am looking to come back into the SNG scene. Is a program like PokerAce useful at all for this?

I can see PT being good for keeping records, but that's about it. I imagine I'll jump into the $20+2's and figure game selection would be more -EV due to the lost time it would take finding a good lineup of players, and the fact there's so many of them. Is this true?

Thanks,
Chris

kevkev60614
10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
It's all in the FAQ.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2821605&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

PokerAce
10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I thought I'd chime in here and let some of you SnG players who may not be aware know that PokerAce Hud has recently added a new feature that makes it a lot more useful for SnG play.

You can now filter hands by the number of players sitting at the table using the new Player Ranges. For example, you can set up a player range for 3-6 players. This means, that when you are at a table with 3-6 players, the stats you see will only be from hands that contained 3-6 players.

This makes PA Hud much more useful for SnG tournaments. Now you can have separate stats for heads up, three handed, four handed, and full.

Note: In the current version (0.31), these aren't refreshed automatically when the number of players drops into a different player range. You have to restart PokerAce Hud or wait until the hand refresh range kicks in. The next release will watch the player count and automatically refresh the stats when a new player range has been reached.

I still plan on adding additional stats for tournament play, but my efforts are currently focused on adding additional sites. Hopefully within the next couple months better tournament support will be available.

Nicholasp27
10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
what about stats for certain blind levels?

fnord_too
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Man, I'm already way behind configuring your tool. I'm going to have to take an hour or two one day and figure out what I want to show.

Sciolist
10-05-2005, 10:54 AM
On a slightly unrelated note, how do you get poker ace to also show your stats if you click on your portrait? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't...

downtown
10-05-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can now filter hands by the number of players sitting at the table using the new Player Ranges. For example, you can set up a player range for 3-6 players. This means, that when you are at a table with 3-6 players, the stats you see will only be from hands that contained 3-6 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds very useful, thanks! But to echo...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be great.

PokerAce
10-05-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of the tournament improvements I have on my list.

PokerAce
10-05-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I'm already way behind configuring your tool. I'm going to have to take an hour or two one day and figure out what I want to show.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a tutorial on my website. Wait a while, I'm doing a release tonight that contains a lot of changes that makes layouts easier to create.

PokerAce
10-05-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a slightly unrelated note, how do you get poker ace to also show your stats if you click on your portrait? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

Try holding your click for a second.

TheTROLL
10-05-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

Try holding your click for a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else mis-read that first time?