PDA

View Full Version : Online Prop?

Big Business
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
I was wondering if anybody has done this and what they think of it?

What are the pro's and cons of this? Seems like you can make some good money at it..but I am skeptical for some reason.

ZBTHorton
10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
The main issue is that your playing on sites without any business. So all your really doing is playing against other props in short handed games...which can be difficult...and definitely eat into the profits your making for being a prop.

10-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I can imagine; one is a good heads up and shorthanded player at holdem and plays 2-4 or 5-10 limit holdem heads up or very shorthanded against a customer/s, or there are regular 3-6 or 5-10 limit games. Not sure about NL but I can't see the point until at 0.5-1 NL or 1-2 NL as a minimum. At Limit if one plays high enough that it figures to be mostly heads up and against a customer, then it won't take any time, while playing against mostly props at 2-4 limit holdem for example, is a waste of time and energy.

Pokeraddict
10-04-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if anybody has done this and what they think of it?

What are the pro's and cons of this? Seems like you can make some good money at it..but I am skeptical for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made a good living in the past as a prop. I wrote an article that is exactly your question.

The Pros and Cons of Being an Online Poker Prop (http://www.rakerebatereview.com/prop.asp)

TheGame1020
10-05-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm a prop I do very well.

Big Business
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I am thinking about trying it...do they make you sign a contract or can you get out if you feel it is not right for you?

I normally play 2/4 and 3/6 and the 1200 isn't that big of a deal for me right now. I am moving out to Vegas in May and this may be a good way to build a bankroll.

Great article you wrote...very informative.