PDA

View Full Version : Funny or Mean?

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I created a fake yahoo profile of some super smoking 22 year old babe and scammed my buddy who's been frequenting Yahoo chat rooms into asking me out. I told him the truth the next day and now he's pissed. Nobody got hurt, hell he didn't even say anything to be embarrased about. I only told one other mutual friend (who thought it was funny as hell). I'm thinking he's a bit emarrased because he's been using yahoo chat to hook up with chicks since his divorce (he's 2 for 2 so far). He's not so much pissed I guess as he is dissapointed.

Funny innocent prank or did I take it far?

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I think I'm safe in saying that most here would have taken this much further than you did.

To make up for not taking this nearly far enough, you need to bring it up in public at every opportunity.

pokerdirty
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
a/s/l

WDC
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Both.

tdarko
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
funny.

maybe he won't be such a douche now and get out more.

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Probably should have mentioned this before.

We chatted for about an hour, next thing I knew we had a date planned for the weekend. An since I know this guy quite well, I knew exactly what to say to be his perfect match. So when I say excited, I mean he was really excited.

steelcmg
10-04-2005, 02:31 PM
You should have taken this much further. Then he would have a real reason to be pist.

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:31 PM
I figured I was just teaching him a valuable lesson about trusting total strangers you meet in internet chat rooms.

tonypaladino
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Funny, and it's not even close.

Paluka
10-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I think to make it up to him you should actually have sex with him just as he was hoping.

GetThere1Time
10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both.

[/ QUOTE ]

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I could have taken it A LOT further. Hell after the date was set up, I logged into messenger under my normal screen name and he was practically begging me to go check this chick out with him, offering to buy me dinner and drinks. A not so nice guy would have taken him up on it and comiserated with him when "she" didn't show.

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could have taken it A LOT further. Hell after the date was set up, I logged into messenger under my normal screen name and he was practically begging me to go check this chick out with him, offering to buy me dinner and drinks. A not so nice guy would have taken him up on it and comiserated with him when "she" didn't show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this as "I am stupid".

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think to make it up to him you should actually have sex with him just as he was hoping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel that guilty.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-04-2005, 02:37 PM
He'll find it funny in a while. It just takes a while getting over being pwned.

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
But you see, if I would have done that then I would never have been able to tell him the truth and laugh at his naivete.

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But you see, if I would have done that then I would never have been able to tell him the truth and laugh at his naivete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

GetThere1Time
10-04-2005, 02:39 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/ASL-Old_Obese.jpg

Boris
10-04-2005, 02:40 PM
it's not funny or mean. The real question is why are you trying to prevent your friend from getting pussy? It appears to me like you have a not so secret man crush on him.

I "tricked" my friend into asking me out. It was a joke.

Yea right buddy.

Lazymeatball
10-04-2005, 02:41 PM
neither

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Cause it wouldn't have been a harmless prank at that point. It would have been me conning him into buying me dinner.

I also thought about having a friend of mine who doesn't know the prankee come to the bar where we were to meet and say "Hi, are you Kevin? I'm Tina" but figured it would probably get violent at that point.

[censored]
10-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Depends on your friend. Doing this to some people could be funny but doing to others would be mean. If he is someone who is already unsure of himself or perhaps depressed and results in really hurting the guy then it's not really funny at all. If he is the type who cam laugh at himself and move on then it would be funny.

Also it depends on what your intent was. Were you honenstly doing something you thought you could both laugh at or were you being malicious.

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Wasn't trying to cockblock him at all. Hell, I was the one who talked the guy into signing up for yahoo personals in the first place.

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cause it wouldn't have been a harmless prank at that point. It would have been me conning him into buying me dinner.

I also thought about having a friend of mine who doesn't know the prankee come to the bar where we were to meet and say "Hi, are you Kevin? I'm Tina" but figured it would probably get violent at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need friends that have a sense of humor.

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also it depends on what your intent was. Were you honenstly doing something you thought you could both laugh at or were you being malicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it, I figured no harm done, we'd both get a good chuckle out of it. Didn't intend for it to get out of hand, if I wanted to hurt the guy I sure wouldn't have told him the truth the next day.

[censored]
10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't trying to cockblock him at all. Hell, I was the one who talked the guy into signing up for yahoo personals in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but then you proceded to destroy any desire of his to use it. I'm leaning more to the "keeping him for yourself" camp.

GetThere1Time
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't trying to cockblock him at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if I wanted to hurt the guy I sure wouldn't have told him the truth the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

NutCrackerr
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right but then you proceded to destroy any desire of his to use it. I'm leaning more to the "keeping him for yourself" camp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for opening my eyes guys, you know I never was attracted to men before, but now I can see that I'm clearly a homosexual. Thanks!

Bluffoon
10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
I used to think practical jokes were funny but I realized that usually you are laughing at someone else's expense.

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to think practical jokes were funny but I realized that usually you are laughing at someone else's expense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That's what makes them funny.

SittinOnDubsWGW
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Funny. One of my friends and I did a similar thing to a person we knew that was a huge "online dater" that would always talk about how he was in love with all these chicks that he never met, so we decided to pull a similar prank on him. We talked to him via AIM and set everything up that way.

We basically set up a Valentine's Day date for him and he was to meet her at the ice skating rink by this really nice restaurant here in town, in which they planned to eat at after skating.

The third friend was ecstatic about his "date" and kept asking us questions on things he should do, and how he needed to clean up his car, and how he thought it would be a great idea to by some blacklights/neons to put in the car to "set the mood." He also went out and bought a new outfit, and bought "her" a huge bouquet of flowers.

Needless to say, she never showed up to the rink, where he waited for around an hour before he realized that she wasn't showing up.

Bluffoon
10-04-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That's what makes them funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I change my answer. They are both. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny. One of my friends and I did a similar thing to a person we knew that was a huge "online dater" that would always talk about how he was in love with all these chicks that he never met, so we decided to pull a similar prank on him. We talked to him via AIM and set everything up that way.

We basically set up a Valentine's Day date for him and he was to meet her at the ice skating rink by this really nice restaurant here in town, in which they planned to eat at after skating.

The third friend was ecstatic about his "date" and kept asking us questions on things he should do, and how he needed to clean up his car, and how he thought it would be a great idea to by some blacklights/neons to put in the car to "set the mood." He also went out and bought a new outfit, and bought "her" a huge bouquet of flowers.

Needless to say, she never showed up to the rink, where he waited for around an hour before he realized that she wasn't showing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

At that point, it would have been worth it to hire the fattest, skankiest hooker available for a couple of hours.

oddjob
10-04-2005, 03:15 PM
neither

SittinOnDubsWGW
10-04-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At that point, it would have been worth it to hire the fattest, skankiest hooker available for a couple of hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell of an idea, and they can be had for VERY VERY cheap on the rough side of town around here. Wish we would've thought of that.

HopeydaFish
10-04-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now *this* is mean.