PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for Stars "rakeback"

SomethingClever
10-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I made a thread a while back in the zoo suggesting a way for Stars to offer rakeback.

The gist was that it only becomes available after you've played a certain number of hands, and you get half as cash into your account and half as a bonus that must be worked off.

Here's another idea: Buy your own bonus.

Instead of using FPP on stuff from the store (I have most of the things I want) or tourneys (I play 6-max limit holdem, so I'm pretty much dead money in tourneys), why not offer bonuses that you can buy?

I dunno... 5,000 points for a $250 bonus or something. Of course, you will need to earn further points to clear the bonus.

Yeah, yeah?

flair1239
10-04-2005, 02:15 PM
I think some sort of incetive like that would benefit Stars.

Even without RB, I would like to play there more. But at 5/10 Full the waiting lists are horrendous. You take that and compare it to a site like Absolute, which is smaller, but you can always get into a game. Because even when everything is full, you start a new table and it fills quickly with other bonus/rakeback whores... so the fish have a place to sit.

At Stars, the times I have tried to start a table, it fails to fill even with long waiting lists.