PDA

View Full Version : Confusing AK, River fold weak?

Asim
10-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (13.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

at this point, i had no reads on anyone... the PF 3-bet suggested good hands, the pot was big and I had a flurry of outs, however, by the river, I was positive i was beat... I didnt believe I would be ahead the 7.4% of the time I needed to break even in this situation... so i threw it away, was that a weak play? after reveiwing it, i think i may have played other streets incorrectly as well... I would appreciate some analysis on this one /images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks guys

aargh57
10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I think that I'd have raised this flop. You've got 4 outs to the gutshot (maybe discount to 3.5 for the J /images/graemlins/club.gif) about 3 outs to your overs and 1.5 for the backdoor flush. So you've got a minimum of 7 outs and maybe up to 8 in a huge pot. I think raising may let you get a free card on the turn if you want it also.

As far as the river goes, I think that I'm folding here too. You call the turn hoping to hit your outs but I don't see MP betting with absolutely nothing here.

10-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure I would have called the turn. Your over cards are dirty, your flush draw is dead and your not getting the odds for a straight gut shot, although implied odds will certainly get you there. Is there anything besides a river jack you would have wanted? And hopefully not a jack of clubs, on the slight chance hes on a draw....although the turn bet makes me doubt that.

I don't like MP calling the flop and betting the turn.

Asim
10-04-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
d your not getting the odds for a straight gut shot, although implied odds will certainly get you there. Is there anything besides a river jack you would have wanted? And hopefully not a jack of clubs, on the slight chance hes on a draw....although the turn bet makes me doubt that.

[/ QUOTE ]

well 2 ppl called MP bt putting 12.5BB in pot... I figured that would be enough for the gutshot draw.. but makes sense what you are saying, maybe the turn was a fold...

gharp
10-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I think this hand is played fine. You could try the free card raise on the flop, but I like to have a read that my opponents are passive before I do that.

MrWookie47
10-04-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I would have called the turn. Your over cards are dirty, your flush draw is dead and your not getting the odds for a straight gut shot, although implied odds will certainly get you there. Is there anything besides a river jack you would have wanted? And hopefully not a jack of clubs, on the slight chance hes on a draw....although the turn bet makes me doubt that.

I don't like MP calling the flop and betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP's play makes sense if he has JJ, too. He freezes up, wondering if he's ahead, and then the second Q comes, making him more likely to be ahead, plus BB gives up. Hero can definitely peel on this turn.

jrz1972
10-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Easy call on the turn.

I don't see what's weak about folding this river. MP is likely beating A-high.

Asim
10-04-2005, 01:39 PM
yeah at that point i had no reads, later on I did and profited from them /images/graemlins/wink.gif

10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Raise flop Call turn Fold River.

A bit of everything really

aargh57
10-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I would think that with the amount of outs you can almost raise for value. With 7 outs you have about 28% equity. With 3 other people, the free card is just a bonus if you get it.

Redd
10-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice hand. I don't mind going for a free turn card if BB is passive. With no read, I'm fine with a flop call because this board is conducive to a 3-bet.