PDA

View Full Version : just another TEX POST (no hand content) (overall game ability)

10-04-2005, 01:00 PM
When I started playing poker, I started playing NL games with friends around a kitchen table, and graduated into a live 5-10 limit game that was truly something amazing. The very first time I played 5-10 limit in Dallas, I got up 100BB's at one point, and I really couldnt play very well in contrast to now. But the point is that the game was faster than greased lightning. Quickly, after beating the game for about three weeks, I jumped head first into the 15-30 at the same place. That was about a 10K apprenticeship. It took three months and 10k dollars and about forty hours a week before I could claim any understanding of the game. Light years later, I started playing omaha online, and then I started playing 7-Stud. When I spent an entire summer playing 15-30 O8B, I really improved my overall game. It taught me things that hold'em didn't. I really felt like it gave me an edge over a player on the same level as I was that had never played omaha. When I started playing stud, I started at the 2-4 level, because I had no idea how to play. I still dont play well, but I have come away from 7 stud with a better ability to read hands and read players. I think that you have to be very observant to be an excellent stud player. (of course this applies to all forms of poker, but more so in stud)

For the longest time I never ventured outside the realm of 15-30 limit hold'em. But since I've played the various games like omaha, O8B, stud, and NL hold'em, i really feel like it has given me an edge that other players might not have, or even realize is available.

I guess it's similar to an athlete cross training, or how reading Poe or Hawthorne will increase your vocabulary indirectly.

Any comments?

NLSoldier
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just another TEX POST (no hand content) (overall game ability)

[/ QUOTE ]

aprreciate the warning. why i opened the thread in spite of the warning I will never know...

10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Lol.

Turning Stone Pro
10-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Other than 'get a life', I have no other comment at this time.

TSP

10-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Does TSP stand for "Terribly sorry player"?

IndieMatty
10-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Dear Matador,

General Forum.

DcifrThs
10-04-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does TSP stand for "Terribly sorry player"?

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg, LOLOLOL.

...horrible. you have to do better than that

Barron

amulet
10-04-2005, 01:53 PM
where to post, the clicks, and personal likes and dislikes of other posters aside, i think you are right on.

10-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I kind of know where your coming from, I'm normally a NL short handed cash game player, but over this last weekend I spent a good deal of time playing my first Pot Limit holdem sessions and those have really taught me alot about making critical decisions more so then I would be faced with in No Limit, now when I get back to no limit I feel my game has been improved with being able to make better reads and to lay down big hands as well more easy.

-HBomb

CardSharpCook
10-04-2005, 02:45 PM
My GOD!!!! the incredible insight!!!!! You MUST be the only person who's ever thought to play more games than NL texas HE!!!! I can't believe I've never thought of this. Truly you are God's gift to poker! Your poker genious is undeniable.

But seriously, why are you posting this in this forum?

10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
surely it's just to get a rise out of you. and secondly, it has to be because i want an inferior player and inferior poker mind like yours to prove just how genius i really am.

lighten up, sparky. and come off your pedistool. i am going to type this very, very slowly so that cardsharp can understand it (LMFAO!!), and even then, I question your ability to understand the following....if you were the stone cold nuts, you wouldnt ever respond to another thread of mine or anything that I say...because you would be light years ahead of it and wouldnt even waste your time with what i say regardless of whether you are bored or trying to elevate your cyberspace poker status by belittling someone you've never met, and surely you wouldnt want to say any of this to my face, now would you? it's so easy to run your mouth with a keyboard in front of you, isn't it? now, bugger off.

Emperor
10-04-2005, 04:18 PM
No, Card is trying to keep you from wasting forum space, and legitimate posters time by replying to your assinine posts.

We are all very embarassed for you.

10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

<sighs and sobs>

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

somebody put a pacifier in this guy.

CardSharpCook
10-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Tx, you're right, I'm merely responding to your threads for the entertainment value. You are clearly quite full of yourself. Believe it of not, the rest of the world doesn't want to know "All About Redman!" This is your second "who is tx?" post, and you still don't have 200 posts. You are clearly the center of your own little world, and we have let you have a little spotlight here because you amuse us. You're right, I wouldn't say this to your face. Were this a live conversation, I'd humor you for a while and then go tell my buddies that I met a real life TC and recount all the things you said. BEST SHORT SERIES EVER (http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/current/lorinda1005.html)

10-04-2005, 04:27 PM
i can agree to some of what you said, actually.

not all, but, umm, some.