PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand, big bet on river, what would you do?

10-04-2005, 12:36 PM
5-10 NL live game

I've been playing for about thirty minutes and the only hand i've shown down was for a short stacks raise all in, and i check raise the original bettor all in and show a jack high flush on the flop. Other than that, my table image hasn't been established. Table seems weak, with three rocks sitting right by me.

I'm SB with K 6, off suit.

UTG limps.....(limps suspiciously)

2 MP callers,

Button calls,

I call, BB checks option.

6 players to the flop

($60)

Flop

k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $100

UTG goes into academy award winning mode, gives speech, motions as if he's considering an all-in (UTG is weak, and unsure of his hand) hems and haws, takes a long time, and finally calls.

Folds around to me.

At this point I really start considering the fact that he open limped. Could he have AA here, or did he limp with a hand like the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif...not enough history with him to tell for sure.

turn 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, he bets $250 like he's allergic to chips.

I call.

river 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif the proverbial black deuce.

I check, he goes all in for $870 or so, i think it was.

While i'm deliberating i'm noticing he's trying to watch the football game on t.v. to keep him distracted. he's trying really hard not to give any info, and when i asked him "did you flop two pair?" he responds with a small and uncomfortable laugh.

Given the information above, what would you put him on and would you make the call?

surely he has to have one of three hands here i'm thinking, AA, the flush, AK or K8.....

results in white <font color="white">A,K </font>

all comments on the streets appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I misplayed the hand by giving up the lead on the turn.

AZK
10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
cr turn

DcifrThs
10-04-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cr turn

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't we discuss a similar hand where we agreed to lead turn for between 2/3 -pot and fold to a big raise?

so why c'r?

Barron

DcifrThs
10-04-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cr turn

[/ QUOTE ]

yea im gunna have to go ahead and disagree with your moderating ass.

bet turn.

Barron

AZK
10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah I'm retarded. Too many 2+2 tabs in firefox. Lead turn.

AZK
10-04-2005, 02:53 PM
look at this, high stakes limit player walks in and thinks he owns the joint. banned.

chuddo
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
please stick to gaying up MHL.

but if you insist on posting, please include relevant info such as relevant stack sizes at the beginning of the hand. i do not like having to read all of the action looking for a 'he goes all in for..' to figure them out myself.

but as for the hand as you played it:
lead the turn. as for villain, i would have liked the way he played the hand had he been sensible enough to check behind the river to show down (dependant upon whether he had Ad). unless he really thought he could move you off twopair/set repping the flush, but without reads it is a bad idea.

but anyhow, as to how i might have played this hand:
why did you lead into the large field with a nearly 2x pot sized bet? you just set up a situation where it is going to be difficult for someone to grossly misplay their hand either on this street or a later one.

if you were that leary of what utg limper was up to, why not lead for around 3/4th to full pot to see how he reacts. it will also help you out in defining the other players hands, particularly if utg raises your flop lead.

that line may allow you to 3-bet huge if headsup against utg, hoping he has AA/AK and thinks you are overplaying or semibluffing. it also has the benefit if you bet, he raises, and someone calls these bets cold on an obvious draw (as the middle and bottom set are likely to get it in), you can go ahead and blow it up.

DcifrThs
10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
look at this, high stakes limit player walks in and thinks he owns the joint. banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmm, joint.

Barron

lapoker17
10-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Your $100 flop bet is weird, but yeah, bet the turn.

10-04-2005, 04:17 PM
you know, i mean, seriously, some of you guys must just have this burning desire to project an elite image.

if you dont like my posts, dont read them.

i can remember when i was on this site, like, almost two years ago, and it was full of decent discussion without the pretentious air.

i hope you drop your cards off the table and your hand is ruled dead.

Emperor
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Its not about projecting an "elite" image, its about you continuing to post hands with the ignorance of someone who has never played poker.

10-04-2005, 04:29 PM
HA!!! never played poker&gt;?!?!

HA!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!

LMMFAO!!!!!

you're kidding right???

buddy i've been playing poker everyday for two weeks straight!!!

like, two hours a day at least!!!

now. go back to grinding. leave me and my posts alone, you need to focus on that $30/hr.

BobboFitos
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can remember when i was on this site, like, almost two years ago, and it was full of decent discussion without the pretentious air.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
TxRedMan

Reged: 09/07/05

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Big_Jim
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not about projecting an "elite" image, its about you continuing to post hands with the ignorance of someone who has never played poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

And continuing make posts with the ignorance of someone who can't even read.

yvesaint
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

buddy i've been playing poker everyday for two weeks straight!!!

like, two hours a day at least!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap thats a lot of poker ...............

10-05-2005, 02:37 PM
and ummm, i never joined two years ago, in case it wasnt obvious. i just surfed around.

elindauer
10-05-2005, 03:27 PM
This looks like an easy fold... on the turn! Putting him on aces or top pair seems pretty dubious. Why would he move so much money at the pot with these hands? Don't you think he'd just check and see if he's good?

I put him on a flush and fold in a heartbeat. The look away tell is one of strength as well, not that you needed it.

-Eric