PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to someone playing YOUR style......

Phishy McFish
10-04-2005, 12:11 PM
OK. This may be self incriminating, but I never let that stop me from posting before. I am too aggressive.....I have too much gambler in me and it takes over what I know to be better poker player-long run winner-tendencies. Hey...at least I'm self aware. It is actually why I like PLO....I can play loose PRE-flop, see a lot of hands and then POST flop my loose (well deserved image) can make me get paid off early and often.

My question, now that I have finished my tangent, is do any of you ever find yourself playing against someone and feeling "Hey this guy is playing like I do". And this really applies to the polar people......very tight.....or very aggressive. I have this come up in HU NL tourneys as well. I find myself totally changing gears and waiting for check raise opportunities and re-steals or traps......this is not the norm as I am normally the one rammin and jammin.

fisherman112
10-04-2005, 07:09 PM
it's very typical of "loose" PLO players to splash around a lot preflop but play much more solidly post flop. As a player who is often the aggressor, i dont often have to play defense, but i think the best tactic against loose raisers is to simply bluff them more frequently post flop. raise their continuation bets or call their raises in the blinds with the intention of leading out the pot on the flop. since they're often coming in with inferior cards, they're not going to have much to call you with.