PDA

View Full Version : On-line tells

10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Hello guys,
does anyone have any good threads or links to discussions on on-line tells or gives.
Obviously it is an incredibly murky area with extremely limited scope for analysis.
Does anyone genuinely think keeping an eye on how long a player delays his move for is useful at all? Is it just most likely he is half-watching the tv whilst playing a game on-line?
Any other insights would be greatly appreciated also.
Thankyou to anyone who takes the time to answer or point me in the right direction.

10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
betting patterns help, but the timing tells are far less reliable. they could be multi-tabling, chatting, surfing 2+2. at low limits most players think about their own cards only, and the thinking players realize this so they aren't going to try pointless change of timing plays. when players use the auto buttons, however, you might be able to gauge their strength or weakness. an auto check usually means ready to fold. auto raise should mean strength but you never know with some players. so avoid using those act in turn buttons, unless you are playing against unthinking players.

4_2_it
10-04-2005, 11:00 AM
The only tells I pat attention to online are betting patterns and Pokertracker stats.

The amount of time villain takes to make a decision could be a tell or as you said the pizza delivery guy could have just rang the doorbell.

10-04-2005, 02:18 PM
To screw the "reaction time" people up, I like to either take the same amount of time between each action in a hand, or, just randomly take a longer or shorter time to act.