PDA

View Full Version : Check/raised on turn need a plan for the rest of the hand

sean c
10-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Sorry again from memory. Party 2/4 full. No read on villian first orbit or two he seemed to loose pre flop don't recall anything unusual about him post flop.

Pre flop: Folds to villian in UTG+2 who calls, i raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif from MP+1 folds to villian who calls.

Flop(2 players 4.5sb): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif villian checks, i bet and villian calls.

Turn(2 players 3.25bb): 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif villian checks, i bet, villian check/raises.

Whats my play? 3-bet and call down if capped, 3-bet and fold to a capp, call down or call the turn and raise the river?

Which line do you like best and please explain why.

davelin
10-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Depending on read, either call down or 3-bet and call down if capped. I'm never folding this hand.

Absolution
10-04-2005, 10:46 AM
It looks like either 2pair or a set. There's an outside chance that he picked up a pair with a flush or straight draw. It's pretty standard to wait for the turn in these heads-up small pots (although a lot of donkeys wait for the turn with 2pair or better no matter what).

I don't see the point in reraising here. You have a hand that might be good and would prefer not to throw it away (i.e. to a cap). A cap here could mean a lot of things so you probably would call down anyway. I vote for calling down.

jrz1972
10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point in reraising here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're putting more money in the pot when you probably have the best hand.

That said, I might very well just call this one down against an unknown. If I've seen villain overplay before, though, I'm more inclined to 3-bet.

10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Ok, this is my first reply to a HH post as such...

I suggest 3-bet and call down if capped. I have to believe we have the best hand right now and are at best looking at villian getting two pair. With the rockets, if the board pairs or you get your set we are way ahead. Unless another 6 comes up, I cap it to the river...make him commit a mistake.

Now, please flame away on my newbie advice!

Absolution
10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
For sure. But, being your typical 'first orbit no reads etc...' post I default to loose passive. :P

10-04-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry again from memory. Party 2/4 full. No read on villian first orbit or two he seemed to loose pre flop don't recall anything unusual about him post flop.

Pre flop: Folds to villian in UTG+2 who calls, i raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif from MP+1 folds to villian who calls.

Flop(2 players 4.5sb): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif villian checks, i bet and villian calls.

Turn(2 players 3.25bb): 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif villian checks, i bet, villian check/raises.

Whats my play? 3-bet and call down if capped, 3-bet and fold to a capp, call down or call the turn and raise the river?

Which line do you like best and please explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a raise is really really bad. We are behind most of the time, but against an unknown I think we have to call down as we have enough of a chance of having the best hand or improving to the best hand to call it down.

zuluking
10-04-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on read, either call down or 3-bet and call down if capped. I'm never folding this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]