PDA

View Full Version : All post flop streets questionable help me out

sean c
10-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Sorry guys doing this one from memory. Party 2/4 decent game two really bad players the rest of the table is pretty standard 2/4 players. Villian in this hand is a pretty good tag very aggressive post flop and i have quite a few hands with him.

Pre flop: UTG (tag villian) limps, folds to me in the CO and i raise with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, folds to UTG who calls.

Flop(2 players 5.5sb): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG checks, i bet, UTG check/raises and i call.

Turn(2 players 4.25bb): Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG bets, i raise, UTG calls after thinking for quite a bit.

River(2 players 8.25bb): I can't remember the card but it was an offsuit brick UTG checks and i check.

I considered 3-betting the flop but felt like i had the best hand and thought turn raise was better. The turn card didn't change anything IMO I don't think this player check/raises the flop with less than top pair and i had a hard time putting him on a better ace since he limped so i think this is more of a scare card for him than me also i felt this would have been a super easy fold to a 3-bet so i went ahead and raised. After he called the turn raise i just basically chickened out on the river and checked it through i didn't put any real thought into the play. Flame away.

lautzutao
10-04-2005, 09:15 AM
I think the flop call/raise turn is fine.

I probably would have bet the river. If he has a queen there's no way he isn't capping the turn, unless he's setting you up for a river c/r which is just insane in my opinion. And I agree with your assessment of his A having a lower kicker. AJ-AK should be raising preflop here at a minimum if you consider him a decent player. So he's probably got a junk Ace hand, like Axs in clubs or something.

Piiop
10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Bet that river. Your flop/turn play are fine. Your hand-reading is good. Follow thru and bet, you will be called by a weaker Ace.

Fantam
10-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Just my thoughts:

I think that you probably should have 3-bet the flop. Apart from having a weaker top pair than yourself, your opponent could have been check/raising you with A6s (2 pair) or 66 (set).

3-betting the flop should have made your hand more straight forward to play on the later streets.

If your opponent had a weaker A, then he would most likely have called your flop reraise and checked the turn. (I think it was unlikely that he had Qx). That would have enabled you to bet out confidently on both the turn and river.

If your opponent had 2 pair or a set on the flop, then he would probably have capped the flop and led out on the turn. That would have enabled you to call down, incase your opponent was overplaying Ax.

Your tricky flop and turn play seemed to create the difficult decisions for you in this hand. I expect that the reason your opponent took a long time to call your turn raise, was that because it looked strange compared to your preflop and flop play and that he didnt believe that you had Qx.

Redd
10-04-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet that river. Your flop/turn play are fine. Your hand-reading is good. Follow thru and bet, you will be called by a weaker Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second this.

10-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Preflop is standard and good.

After the flop c/r i think you are behind or splitting.
Villian could have AJ/AT or A6s. Maybe some Axs too but probaly not.

The turn changes things because you are know ahead of A6.
So i think your your raise is fine.

River. You could bet this and probaly should. Would be nice if he folds AT..

irishpint
10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
cmon and bet that river

imported_CaseClosed326
10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cmon and bet that river

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh happy birthday

And yes, bet the river. Missing value bets are very bad.

irishpint
10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
cmon and bet that river

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh happy birthday

And yes, bet the river. Missing value bets are very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

a very happy birthday...i'm sick and have a test in animal phys tomorrow. holla. thanks!