PDA

View Full Version : Gameplan for my downswing

SNOWBALL138
10-04-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm down to about 1400 in my playing bankroll which is cutting it very close for 3/6, and probably not a good idea for shorthanded 2/4 either. So, I'm going to have to move to 2/4 ring games for now.

I feel pretty well considering that, after not playing for 2 weeks and paying tons of expenses, I return to poker to lose very badly. My bank account isn't exactly robust either, so if I can't make a good turn around in the next month, I'll have to start working a regular job for a little while, which is kind of depressing.

So, why do I feel okay? Because I think I'm handling it well, and I'm not letting my results shake my confidence. The main thing though is that I've been through this before, so the losses aren't as shocking for me. Losing w/ 2 pair 4 times in a row or losing to runner runner straights is no longer something that I look at and say "OMFG, I didn't know that was even possible." Actually, I think I played better than usual this evening, even though I still lost.

So, here's my gameplan:

1. Work very hard on school for the next week.
If I can take care of a lot of assignments and get some good studying done, that will help clear my head so I can give 100 percent focus when I play.

2. Stick to 2/4 full games until I recover significantly

3. Try to stop spending so much money!
-This is whats been killing me. For the last two weeks, I've had no income, but have been paying for so much stuff, its sick. Paying for friends, paying for cabs, paying bills, paying $750 in traffick fines.

4. Try to get back some of the money that I've lent various people.
-Its so much easier to handle losses when my bank account is in good order. I'm hardly on the verge of being unable to meet expenses, but if this continues, I'll be in an uncomfortable position.

Ok. I just thought I'd share that with you guys. Hopefully, my gameplan will be work for me, and maybe it will provide some of you with a few ideas too.

I'd like to close by thanking for forum for all of the terrific discussion that happens here. I've learned so much from posting here. 9 months ago, if I were in the same situation, I would be playing higher limits on stone cold tilt trying to get even as we speak.

Best,
Snowball