PDA

View Full Version : Sam Miller and Archie

andyfox
05-20-2003, 01:21 AM
Sam Miller:

He's probably 90 years old. He pretends not to hear or see too well. He plays lousy. He's got more money than God. And nicer clothes. He calls me boychik, and I'm 50.

He's changing seats. They deal him in UTG. We have to call time while he takes an hour and a half to get to his cards. He raises. Two callers. I call in the big blind with pocket 7s.

Flop comes K-9-7 rainbow. I bet. Sam Miller calls.

Nobody else in the club calls here with pocket 6s and two players behind. Nobody.

I lose the hand to Sam's pocket sixes. As he's stacking he looks at me. I smile. He winks and shrugs.

Sometimes it's nice to be in the cardroom.

Archie:

I'm on the toilet. There's a bang on the door, someone didn't realize the stall was taken and tried to get in.

A few seconds pass. Then there's a knock on the door. I hear Archie's unmistakeable Russian (?) accent saying . . .

"The eyeglass case. Throw is over, eh?"

I spot it on top of the toilet paper. I throw it over.

"Good boy."

I didn't think twice. Just Another Day in Paradise.

HDPM
05-20-2003, 01:27 AM
I do need to make it to the Commerce and have you introduce me to these folks. Maybe next winter.

andyfox
05-20-2003, 01:37 AM
Looking forward to it, my friend.

snakehead
05-20-2003, 01:51 AM
did it occur to you to put a little something in the eyeglass case?

Rick Nebiolo
05-20-2003, 03:52 AM
you mean like a penis?

Rick Nebiolo
05-20-2003, 03:58 AM
Andy,

I'm virtually certain Archie comes from Azerbaijan (next to Armenia).

Regarding Sam, he once put in something like seventeen raises with the wrong end of one card to a straight flush.

Regards,

Rick

hillbilly
05-20-2003, 09:17 AM
sam: running pairs, can be troublesome...

archie: add a little fiber to your diet and you shouldn't need the cozy confines of public facilities...

andyfox
05-20-2003, 02:52 PM
You guys are disgusting.

How did penis get through the censor?