PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet flop with AA or go for turn checkraise to get rid of draws?

Adam22
10-04-2005, 04:22 AM
this is from betonbet which i don't believe has a hand converter but i did my best to make it easy to read.

basically i called the flop re-raise because i didn't think that my 3 bet would get rid of the two callers of my initial raise ( although upon seeing what they held, it might have ). i figured that if any safe card hit i'd be able to check raise, knock out the limpers and win the hand, assuming the flop re-raiser held a pair of jacks.

the turn and river obviously were a huge problem but my rationale for betting the turn was "if i bet here, i'll get reraised if i'm beat and i can safely fold". i mean obviously this is a hand where i just got pretty unlucky but i'm interested in if you feel the plan to check raise the turn was a good one or not. thanks:

5/10 BOB:

under the gun with AA

PRE-FLOP
HERO bets $10, 1 folds , RWRINKLE calls $10, 1 folds , iwillbethere calls $10, King Mush calls $5, 2 fold , conrad88 calls $7.50, 1 folds .

FLOP [board cards 7S,5D,JC ]
conrad88 checks, HERO bets $5, RWRINKLE calls $5, iwillbethere calls $5, King Mush bets $10, 1 folds , HERO calls $5, RWRINKLE calls $5, iwillbethere calls $5.

TURN [board cards 7S,5D,JC,JD ]
HERO bets $10, RWRINKLE calls $10, iwillbethere calls $10, King Mush calls $10.

RIVER [board cards 7S,5D,JC,JD,7H ]
HERO checks, RWRINKLE checks, iwillbethere checks, King Mush checks.

SHOWDOWN ( in white )
<font color="white">HERO shows [ AC,AS ]
RWRINKLE shows [ AD,7D ]
iwillbethere mucks cards [ QD,10D ]
King Mush mucks cards [ 4D,6S ]
RWRINKLE wins $137. </font>

shant
10-04-2005, 05:10 AM
What draws? 3-bet the flop.