PDA

View Full Version : Changing sexual mores

newfant
10-04-2005, 04:19 AM
Here's some interesting statistics on the changing sexual mores of young people in U.S. and Canada:

[ QUOTE ]
Freewheeling young women in the United States and Canada first have intercourse at the age of 15, partake more in oral sex than previous generations and are far less prudish, according to a landmark new report by researchers at California's San Diego State University.

Between 1943 and 1999, the age of first intercourse dropped to 15 from 19 for females, while the percentage of sexually active young women rose to 47 percent from just 13 percent in 1943, according to the study that appears in the most recent issue of the Review of General Psychology.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Over the same 56-year period, approval of premarital sex increased from 12 percent to 73 percent among young women, while the figure rose from 40 percent to 79 percent among young men, according to the study.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a change in sexual habits. Plus:

[ QUOTE ]
The percentage of teenagers and young adults having oral sex increased from 48 percent in 1969 to 72 percent in 1993 among young men, and from 42 percent in 1969 to 71 percent in 1993 among young women, the report said.

"Oral sex has become so popular. In previous generations, oral sex was considered disgusting. Now young people see it as another way of being sexual," Twenge said.

"It's also part of the general trend of sexual behavior moving away from marriage and reproduction and toward pleasure."

[/ QUOTE ]

horny kids (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/04/051004054737.fzs4blx5.html)

I highly, highly approve of the trend towards more oral sex. Oral sex is great for many reasons, but it is also safer both disease-wise and of course pregnancy-wise.

So what do the Politics forum think about the changing sexual habits of young people. Is it good? Is it bad? Are you indifferent? Do you wish you were back in high school? Are you planning to show these statistics to your signicant other in hopes of getting more BJs?

The article seems to attribute the changes to movies and television shows, but I suspect the changes are more a product of how kids are raised today.

whiskeytown
10-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I believe the worst sin is to keep a person uninformed enough to be unable to make the right choices, so I'm all for it -

I never understood the mindset of "don't tell them how to do it or else they'll want to - don't tell them about birth control and what methods they think work really well (like pulling out) have a very high failure rate. Otherwise they'll have sex."

Oral sex - I have no problem with...sometimes it's the easiest way to get her off too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

cardcounter0
10-04-2005, 08:06 AM
I think this can all be traced to the addition of the words "under God" to the pledge. It seems this change started occuring around the same time frame.