PDA

View Full Version : Is my blind play a leak? 5$+.50 SNG

10-04-2005, 03:09 AM
I have always called in the SB with any 2 (when I'm not raising) If it hasn't been raised to me. Is this a leak? does anyone here not complete the SB with any 2 and why? Is there really a better use for these few chips in the later rounds?
I ask because I see these posts saying 45 extra chips=5% ROI
It's lucky to be 1% in my game probably because I start with 2000 in my sngs.
But I'm curious as to your thought nonetheless.
(this is a blind play thread) please don't turn this back into the 5% ROI for 45 chips debate if at all possible.

10-04-2005, 03:29 AM
On stars and other SNGs that start with more chips than party does I will often complete the sb in the first couple levels, if there have been a few limpers with almost any 2 cards they pretty much just have to be suited or 2 gappers.

Eveyone has a ton of chips behind them so the implied odds along with the immediate odds are both very favorable. On Party however I am a bit more conservative because of having less chips to start with.

lorinda
10-04-2005, 03:52 AM
It might be a slight leak, there are certainly other areas of your game that will be worse.

The danger is that your postflop play might be poor (That's usually the last thing newer players learn... forgive me if it's not true in your case) and that calling with any two in the SB will get you into difficult situations post-flop where you do leak off dramatic numbers of chips.

I'm also assuming you're talking about level 1 only.

Lori

10-04-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It might be a slight leak, there are certainly other areas of your game that will be worse.

The danger is that your postflop play might be poor (That's usually the last thing newer players learn... forgive me if it's not true in your case) and that calling with any two in the SB will get you into difficult situations post-flop where you do leak off dramatic numbers of chips.

I'm also assuming you're talking about level 1 only.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a better player post flop than 90% of my 5$ sng opponents. That is probably part of the reason i do always complete. But no, I do it at EVERY level. Unless I am pretty sure I'll be raised all in by a short stack, or if it's bubble time and It would put a huge dent in my stack.
Sometimes if it will drop me from 3rd in chips to 4th to call I'll fold. I like to keep pressure on 4th and make him feel like he needs to do something desperate. Otherwise I most always complete
Now is THAT a leak?

bawcerelli
10-04-2005, 04:15 AM
In general you probably want to just muck most of those hand you're completing. Hands with potential like 79s sure go ahead and complete in the first two levels. But even with superior post flop skills you don't want to piss away too many chips.

usmhot
10-04-2005, 09:35 AM
On Party level 1 I'm completing with pretty much any 2, if there's no more than 2 limpers ahead of me, and then folding to any raise from BB.
I do this particularly on Party because you start with less chips, so it's worth a gamble to try to increase your stack early on.
Couple of caveats though:
I only do this on level 1. I'll complete on higher levels with a lot less than I'd limp in from any other position, but not just any 2 - generally need at least one face card.
Postflop I'm mucking anything even vaguely scary unless I get free cards.

But, having said that I only play the $6s and $11s at the moment. No doubt by the time I move to higher tables I'll tighten that practice up.