PDA

View Full Version : My phone won't charge.

imported_anacardo
10-04-2005, 02:20 AM
The copper on both the phone and plug ends of the charger connection are thoroughly covered in that green oxide. Any ideas on how to get that [censored] off so my phone can charge?

JDErickson
10-04-2005, 02:22 AM
pencil eraser

Slow Play Ray
10-04-2005, 03:37 PM
is it a motorola?

STLantny
10-04-2005, 03:38 PM
contact cleaner. You can go to radio shack and they will do it for you. free

imported_anacardo
10-04-2005, 05:36 PM
It is, in fact, a Motorola.

tonypaladino
10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
If the phone is under warantee make the cell phone store clean it.

Otherwise, like the other poster said, use a pencil eraser, that's what Verizon told me.

Slow Play Ray
10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and i assume the charger is a male connector with 3 copper pins in the middle, 2 raised silver ones on the ends, and a push button?

yeah, good luck - this charger interface just sucks, and it will never work right again. i had this happen earlier in the summer, and found out i was about 2 weeks away from the end of my one-year warranty, so cingular replaced the phone for free. however, the new one is already starting to have the same problem.

send_the_msg
10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and i assume the charger is a male connector with 3 copper pins in the middle, 2 raised silver ones on the ends, and a push button?

yeah, good luck - this charger interface just sucks, and it will never work right again. i had this happen earlier in the summer, and found out i was about 2 weeks away from the end of my one-year warranty, so cingular replaced the phone for free. however, the new one is already starting to have the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have had/seen this problem on 4 moto phones also, it's [censored] ridiculous