PDA

View Full Version : Empire

NoChance
10-04-2005, 01:59 AM
There are too many arguments going on around here and I don't know enough about what questions are okay and what questions are not okay so I am just going to try:

I opened an Empire account a few years ago before I knew what rakeback was. I want someone to tell me what I have to do to either (1) add rakeback to my existing account or (2) close my current account and open a new one with rakeback.

I am sure tons of people have the same question. I am not interested in percentages or anything like that. I simply want to know how I can end up playing at Empire and get rakeback even though I already have an account there.

If this post breaks the rules, sorry about that. If these types of responses are not allowed, then someone please message me. Like I said, I don't know what the rules are. I just want rakeback! I didn't know what rakeback was when I started.

10-04-2005, 02:01 AM
i recommend going to another skin. if thats not a viable option, i hope that an affiliate will come on here and explain this process for empire.

rt1
10-04-2005, 02:05 AM
This question does not break the rules.

I would look into getting rakeback from another skin. Many affiliates will tell you there are ways to get it if you already have an account, but these methods def fall under a gray area. Closing accounts (and reopening six months later) or opening new accounts under your wife/gf's name are common practices... I am not saying to do this, but I am saying it does go on.

My advice: look into another skin.

-Ryan

NoChance
10-04-2005, 02:06 AM
That's the other problem. I was a whore and did all the bonuses so that option is out.

I do have rakeback at one other skin but I don't like playing there. Thus, I wish to move to Empire. My affilliate there has been great so that isn't a problem. I just don't like the site.

rt1
10-04-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the other problem. I was a whore and did all the bonuses so that option is out.

I do have rakeback at one other skin but I don't like playing there. Thus, I wish to move to Empire. My affilliate there has been great so that isn't a problem. I just don't like the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact your affiliate and tell him what you do not like about it. If you are with a good affiliate he will make sure these changes get made. The sites want you playing on them and they will make changes to keep you.

NoChance
10-04-2005, 02:09 AM
I also don't wish to apen accounts under family member names. I want it to be legit. I would also rather not wait six months either.

rusty JEDI
10-04-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also don't wish to apen accounts under family member names. I want it to be legit. I would also rather not wait six months either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Tax implications for family is not something to mess with.

rJ

rusty JEDI
10-04-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i recommend going to another skin. if thats not a viable option, i hope that an affiliate will come on here and explain this process for empire. we at raketracker dont do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a profit stand point I dont understand this at all.

Currently Empire has zero chance of getting my business. However, it is the skin i want to play if i could get rakeback there. The ONLY way for empire to get my money is to get the switch to happen. The only way for an affiliate who wants some of my action is to make this happen.

Its like this for a lot of people.

rJ

rt1
10-04-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i recommend going to another skin. if thats not a viable option, i hope that an affiliate will come on here and explain this process for empire. we at raketracker dont do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently Empire has zero chance of getting my business. However, it is the skin i want to play if i could get rakeback there. The ONLY way for empire to get my money is to get the switch to happen. The only way for an affiliate who wants some of my action is to make this happen.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you signed up through an affiliate and then you demanded to be switched to one that offered rakeback. Would this be fair to the first affiliate?

I agree that this is a huge problem for many users. This is why affiliates are told to go after new accounts. There is no easy solution and there never will be.

-Ryan

NoChance
10-04-2005, 02:51 AM
This is what I think is stupid.

When I signed up on Empire back in the day, I went to EmpirePoker.com and signed up directly from them. I am 99% sure I do not belong to some secret affiliate there. Therefore, I would not be screwing anyone over. Also, I find it unfair that people with new accounts can get rakeback while existing accounts get shut out just because they didn't know it existed when they signed up. And no, they would not lose money by adding me because I only currently play there when there is a reload bonus. So, allowing me to add rakeback to my current account only makes sense for the site as they would bring in more business from me. They aren't currently getting it so they would lose nothing.

rusty JEDI
10-04-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What if you signed up through an affiliate and then you demanded to be switched to one that offered rakeback. Would this be fair to the first affiliate?

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be skirting the issue because my case is not the same as one where the player plays there. But that first affiliate is currently getting $0 from me and will not get any more than that under the current system.

sidebar...i am not under any affiliate that im aware of because i went direct to the site.

rJ

rt1
10-04-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be skirting the issue because my case is not the same as one where the player plays there. But that first affiliate is currently getting $0 from me and will not get any more than that under the current system.

sidebar...i am not under any affiliate that im aware of because i went direct to the site.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But people have egos, sites do too, and giving you up is not something that want to do. They know you are a long term winning player, and that means they make money off you. They probably believe that your desire to use their software outweighs what you would make off rakeback. We both know this isn't true, but explaining this to them will be near impossible.

If you were to contact Empire and try to explain this to them they will send you some BS response saying 'We do not allow rakeback, so this is not an issue'... or something to that extent.

If you do find an solution to this problem, please post it. I am sure many users are awaiting the answer. As I said earlier, the best solution I have found is signing up at a new skin... but that doesn't help with this issue or give you (the player) what you want.

ack
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-Ryan

craig r
10-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Another reason the sites don't want to let the player's close accounts and resign up, is because the affiliate's main job is to get them customers. If they already had you as a customer, why would they let you signup again under a different affiliate?

craig

rusty JEDI
10-04-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another reason the sites don't want to let the player's close accounts and resign up, is because the affiliate's main job is to get them customers. If they already had you as a customer, why would they let you signup again under a different affiliate?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the way they have me now they make $0 off me and wont have me for a profit until they switch me.

rJ

rusty JEDI
10-04-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you do find an solution to this problem, please post it. I am sure many users are awaiting the answer. As I said earlier, the best solution I have found is signing up at a new skin... but that doesn't help with this issue or give you (the player) what you want.

ack
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the frustration and confusion. I just don't understand from a profit standpoint why the site wont allow it. I dont see there being enough people who play at empire now without rakeback that as soon as they find out about rakeback wouldnt switch skins generating empire more money earned than the amount they would earn if they allowed switches.

I would just think smart people run these places, but it doesnt seem that way.

rJ

B00T
10-04-2005, 04:49 AM
We all understand what you are saying, but there is just nothing we can do about it. We are all on the same side in this battle.

I currently give Eurobet ~$10,000 in rake every month. Sure Party gets some of that. Figure if Eurobet even gets 1/4 of that, that is $2500 Empire is losing each month by not letting me create a new acct or tie my old acct to a rakeback deal.

The sites are stupid, bottom line.

rusty JEDI
10-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Curious

Why does everybody want empire as their rakeback over the other skins?

Is it a better %
Is it the watch and TV
Is it the multi's
Is it the security of a bigger skin

Thanks

rJ

Tuco
10-04-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want someone to tell me what I have to do to either (1) add rakeback to my existing account

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) close my current account and open a new one with rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessary. There are affiliates that can open new rakeback accounts with the full consent and cooperation from the sites for players such as yourself. Find one of them.

Tuco.

Tuco
10-04-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you aren't playing there without rakeback and if you get moved under a different affiliate you will play alot more, costing the site nothing for the move.

At the end of the day, the sites don't care what affiliate you are under, not matter what they say. Switching goes on all the time, as im sure you know.

Tuco.

NLSoldier
10-04-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Curious

Is it a better %
Is it the watch and TV
Is it the multi's

Thanks

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it because it seems like my connection to euro is always a little slow/laggy. I also like the color but I know you can change that with certain software add ons or whatever. As far as % goes, im pretty sure euro generally offers the highest, although that kinda changed when certain affiliate(s) who i am probably not supposed to name started giving a certain % which i am not supposed to reveal which I believe pretty much put empire on par with euro. In some cases I think high volume players on euro are able to get slightly higher than that certain % that I was not allowed to mention above.

krazyace5
10-04-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is a huge problem for many users. This is why affiliates are told to go after new accounts. There is no easy solution and there never will be.

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

If that affiliate has made money off of me for yrs because they kept all my rakeback, I think they have been more than compensated and at this point I'd say I was the one getting screwed.

NoChance
10-04-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Curious

Is it a better %
Is it the watch and TV
Is it the multi's

Thanks

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it's anumber of reasons:

1. Most important is the colors are easier on my eyes when multitabling. Before anyone asks ... yes, I do use custom colors for the table. I am talking about the colored box around the player name when a person sits and also the color of the text on the "bet", "call", and "raise" buttons. Eurobet uses black text which forces me to use light colored buttons. Empire uses white text wich allows for a dark blue colored button. I now this may seem petty but the colors on Empire make my sessions more comfortable. I just want things easier on my eyes.

2. The pop-ups when you close Eurobet are a pain. Yes, I made the adjustments so they open in a new tab in firefox so it can easily be deleted and that helped but why put up with it on one site when the other doesn't have it at all?

3. I also don't like the extra steps it takes to cash out (moving money around from poker to sports before cashing). I also don't like all the different windows you have do go through. First the cashier window comes up. Then the balance window comes up. Then you have to move money around. Then you can finally cash out. Again not a huge pain but it does not exist at Empire.

4. Empire's player rewards system sucks but at least it exists. I have converted player points to cash multiple times back when it used to be my primary site. Eurobet does not have a player reward system at all.

Here is what will eventually happen to me. First, it has to be stated that Empire makes nothing from my because I only play there when they offer bonuses. This means they have nothing to lose by offering me a new account or rakeback on the current account. It boggles my mind that new players can sign up with rakeback and they have no issues with that but when I ask it "can't be done". Stupid. So, what will happen? They will eventually label me a bonus abuser and probably close my account. Instead of getting me as a customer who would love to play there, it will probably end up completely the opposite where I will be banned from there. Ironic. Why not make the same things available for everyone?

*rusty made many of the same points above

NoChance
10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If that affiliate has made money off of me for yrs because they kept all my rakeback, I think they have been more than compensated and at this point I'd say I was the one getting screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good point. If for some reason I signed up under an affiliate without knowing (99% sure this didn't happen), then I say that contract can be voided because I was tricked and unaware. They would have made plenty off me from back when it used to be my main site. They make nothing off me now anyway.

StacysMom
10-04-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good point. If for some reason I signed up under an affiliate without knowing (99% sure this didn't happen), then I say that contract can be voided because I was tricked and unaware. They would have made plenty off me from back when it used to be my main site. They make nothing off me now anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine you formed a contract, and therefore no need ot void it.