PDA

View Full Version : free card value cap?

Pog0
10-04-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm always conflicted whether there's more value in going for overcalls on a flop like this where more players can't really hurt my chances of winning, but in SSHE style, I figure that with more than 2 players seeing the turn, there's value in any bet I put in the middle, but is this value greater than the value of having 5 people call only one bet? Just trying to best determine the optimal aggression with a strong draw.

I thought the flop raise was standard, I saw value in capping the flop because my bet is even money with two other players in the pot and a flush draw, and the possibility of a free river card makes me like that move.

Also, does anyone fold preflop?

Poker Network 2/4

UTG+2 is 41/5/0.6 after 100 hands
SB is 31/16/3.2 after 100 hands
Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, (2 folds), Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

FLOP (6 players): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif,2/images/graemlins/club.gif,T/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 SB)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

TURN (3 players): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (9 BB)
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

RIVER: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (9 BB)
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero value bets his nuts

JacksonTens
10-04-2005, 02:14 AM
Flop is standard. I may or may not bet the turn depending.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
Capping the flop is the right line. You are not keeping anyone in by just calling 3 betsand it potentially gets you a free card.

LLL

W. Deranged
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is standard. I may or may not bet the turn depending.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that capping the flop is right.

If the hand remains three-handed, though, betting the turn is almost certainly NOT correct. You open yourself up to a check-raise, you almost certainly do not have an equity edge with one card left against two opponents, and it is very hard to get two opponents to fold, particularly if the turn is not scary.

Checking the turn behind here is almost always correct.

kross
10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Looks good to me.

Someone mentioned firing again on the turn. These players obviously like their hands, so a semibluff is taking it down approximately never, so you can't bet as a semibluff. You also don't have enough opponents to value bet. Getting C/R'd would really suck, too. Take the free card, and spike a club on the river. Hopefully someone will bet out, and you can pop 'em then.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does anyone fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

In LP after 3 limpers? I don't.

sy_or_bust
10-04-2005, 07:46 PM
This is super standard. The free card is very important, and you'd like to fold some better aces on the flop.

SackUp
10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
perfectly played. Nice use of cap for a free card on the turn.
There is no value in betting this turn. These guys are not folding for one bet and often you get c/r and you lose equity.

nh.