PDA

View Full Version : middle pair+flush draw. What to do? 3 handed pot

JooWish622
10-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Here's another hand. Let's hear what you got

4 handed, 2-4 NL on FTP. VIllian is predictable, won't run bluffs past the turn, but will usually raise preflop and bet the flop. Has 400 behind. BB has 260 behind and is fairly sane. I have them both covered.

Hero is in SB with 58c, VIllian is on Button. EP folds, VIllian raises to 12, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop is J84, J and 4 are clubs. I check with the intention of calling the flop bet and betting the turn regardless of what comes out. I figure that if he does have an overpair, me 3-betting won't gain any fold equity and I will just have to call his raise. Plus, if I lead out, I won't get the dead money in the pot which will definately happen if I check to Villian. So, I check with the intention of stopping and going...

But clearly I check, BB checks, VIllian bets 30, I call, BB calls as well, ruining my plan.

TUrn: 6 diamonds. I check, BB checks, Villian bets 55 (now I'm skeptical of his hand value), I call in confusion, BB calls.

River is an 8: I bet 200, BB has 170 left and Villian has under 300, I have them both covered. I feel like I should have either bet 150 or pushed, thoughts?
What would you have done differently here? Anyone turn check-raise this? As I said, I don't want to lead out for the reasons stated above.

captZEEbo1
10-04-2005, 01:39 AM
I don't even mind c/r flop allin lol.

and you are right about river...bet 150 or push is correct play. I'd be more inclined to bet 150

wutevahung
10-04-2005, 02:31 AM
i like it

sometimes i would raise turn, but sometimes i would call, but i guess since we have no info about bb, its better to just call

JooWish622
10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I guess against players who won't put more money in without a pair or draw or bluff after the flop, CR makes more sense.

Stopping and going I guess should be done when I play an opp who might fire a second barrel on the turn and I don't want to CR the turn with a draw

AdamBragar
10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
I think the way you played this hand is probably pretty great.

The only other option is a flop checkraise to 100-125 or so and then play the hand out like you have a set. If you would check the flop if you had a set, then this works too.

I don't like turn checkraising here, probably too little fold equity.