PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Monsters under the bed?

10-04-2005, 01:24 AM
First limit post /images/graemlins/laugh.gif How did I play this? The turn C/R seemed like he had KK or QQ but I dunno cuz his hand range was pretty wide He played everything pf. This was the first time I had seen him raise though in the 45 hands that I had been at the table. I don't know how to play limit so let me have it.

Full ring 5/10 no converter for this site. Table has 45% players per flop

PoorRichard Posted Small Blind $2.00
DarkManX Posted Big Blind $5.00
Dealing Cards
You Were Dealt (3h, 3c)
Gambitwd Folded
topkkkk Calls $5.00
KiwiWiz Folded
Taikunin Calls $5.00
bygeorge Raised to $10.00
mrlibido Folded
nipnip Folded
RickyRoyal Calls $10.00
PoorRichard Folded
DarkManX Folded
topkkkk Calls $5.00
Taikunin Calls $5.00
-------------------------------------------------
Dealing Flop (Qs,Kh,3d)
topkkkk Checks
Taikunin Checks
bygeorge Checks
RickyRoyal Bets $5.00
topkkkk Folded
Taikunin Calls $5.00
bygeorge Calls $5.00
Dealing Turn (9h)
Takunin Checks
bygeorge Checks
RickyRoyal Bets $10.00
Taikunin Calls $10.00
bygeorge Raised to $20.00
RickyRoyal Calls $10.00
Taikunin Calls $10.00
Dealing River (7d)
Taikunin Checks
bygeorge Bets $10.00
RickyRoyal Folded
Taikunin Calls $10.00

....Results later

hobbsmann
10-04-2005, 01:34 AM
did I just read that action right and you NEVER once put in a raise with a flopped set?

10-04-2005, 01:36 AM
I've never seen so few bets go into the pot with a set. I usually just check raise the flop and bet turn. If raised on turn I may 3 bet or I may bet/call river because I'd hate for them to check behind with QJh or something. If you are sure you can check raise turn I would do so. The way you're describing this table, if I lost this hand I would expect to lose to JT more than I would to a higher set and I certainly wouldn't be too afraid of that. If you lost this hand you should have lost a lot more.

jason_t
10-04-2005, 01:45 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/WB-866973_f.jpg

jzpiano14
10-04-2005, 01:47 AM
RAM AND JAM, if a set over set happens, get over it and move on

jason_t
10-04-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you meant is raise raise raiseReaweawRAisee AWJEIaweji AAGGGRO TWOPLUSTWO RAISE ME LIKE HAND ME RAISE.

Pog0
10-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I can't get the converter to work with my site either, but I just improvise with wordpad.

"replace...
PoorRichard
SB
replace all

replace...
Taikunin
Hero
replace all...

it takes a little time, but if the hand is worth posting, it's worth making it easy to read for those that you expect to help you with it.

And in this hand, other than preflop, you can make a case for raising at ANY POINT in which you only called.

baronzeus
10-04-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you meant is raise raise raiseReaweawRAisee AWJEIaweji AAGGGRO TWOPLUSTWO RAISE ME LIKE HAND ME RAISE.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah yes i like.

gh9801
10-04-2005, 02:17 AM
What site is this? Don't respond publicly... send me a PM.

10-04-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What site is this? Don't respond publicly... send me a PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry GH my little treasure trove.

10-04-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get the converter to work with my site either, but I just improvise with wordpad.

"replace...
PoorRichard
SB
replace all

replace...
Taikunin
Hero
replace all...

it takes a little time, but if the hand is worth posting, it's worth making it easy to read for those that you expect to help you with it.

And in this hand, other than preflop, you can make a case for raising at ANY POINT in which you only called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill try that next time thanks.

shant
10-04-2005, 04:12 AM
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/e2/8c/0836218256-books-resized200.jpg

10-04-2005, 04:13 AM
So the pf raiser ended up having KQo (I thought he was tight!) Or in limit is this acceptable? Anyway I just posted this because about a year ago my first expierience ended up being set over set so this was just bringing up bad memories. Anyway the table was kinda confused I didn't put in a raise (and understandably so). I ended up down 5 bb at the end of the session after the table went shorthanded. Maybe I work on my SH game next.

Matt Jenko
10-04-2005, 05:01 AM
oh my. raise somewhere next time please. anywhere would be better than this. turn would be perfect just before you call and close the action...

silkyslim
10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
this is a jopke, no?

10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ended up down 5 bb at the end of the session after the table went shorthanded. Maybe I work on my SH game next.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you didn't put any money in with the big hand you were waiting for all night.

As for the KQ, it looks like the KQ raised from late/middle position which is a perfectly standard play. If you're not playing KQo from middle position in unraised pots then you're playing way too tight.

Pominos
10-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I think you need to realise that in difference to no-limit (that your post suggests that you have played before) a turn C/R doesn't mean the nuts or almost nuts in limit, but rather can mean anything stronger than top pair.
And since it is cheaper to be wrong in limit you need to bet, bet, raise, raise what is most probably the best hand

jskills
10-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Lead the flop - the PF raiser is going to raise you and you can 3-bet him back. If he caps, call down afraid of monsters.

If he does not cap, take control of the hand by betting.

If you flop a set, you should generally not take your foot off the gas.