PDA

View Full Version : Taste of Alcohol

dblgutshot
10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
For a lot of you who enjoy wines, strong drinks, etc., did you always enjoy the taste? Or just developed a taste for it eventually?

I don't really like the taste of beer/wine/mix drinks that much. I definately don't hate it, but I can't seem to enjoy the finer drinks like others seem to. Is this weird?

BusterStacks
10-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Alcohol is supposed to taste like [censored] because it's a poison and it can kill you. Yes, you learn to like it. Anyone who tells you they always enjoyed the taste of any alcoholic drink is lying.

theben
10-04-2005, 01:00 AM
developed.

funny, i actually asked my dad about this. i personally dislike wine a lot (im a liquor man and tolerate crappy beer) and that is all he drinks (lotsa wine at that!). i asked him, did you like that stuff when you first had it?

his answer: hell no

Weatherhead03
10-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Developed over time. Although their are some drinks out there that you can like that have no taste of alcohol what so ever IE: some coolers, and some mixed drinks (weak vodka and orange juice/cranberry juice)

Bradyams
10-04-2005, 01:08 AM
It's definitely a developed taste.

Of course all cheap alcohol will always taste shitty though.

dibbs
10-04-2005, 01:09 AM
I think most people think alcohol tastes bad actually, they just tough it out to get loaded.

Eventually though you may just get a taste for it, maybe not.

I used to rough it out too, it really took a few years for me to start really enjoying them. Certain foods mix go incredibly well with decent wines, aged hard liquor can have a definitive, interesting and complex taste. And I don't know why, but few things feel more refreshing than a cold beer after a long day of yardwork.

The more you drink I think the more likely it will become that you'll gain a taste for it. I don't think it's wierd at all, lots of people never gain the taste for certain foods, just preference.

I'm still not used to Pinot, it's a bizarre taste to me.

TheMainEvent
10-04-2005, 01:13 AM
You develop a taste for it very quickly when you're having a first sip and all your friends are waiting to make fun of you when you grimmace.

SossMan
10-04-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm still not used to Pinot, it's a bizarre taste to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

fix that...quick.

NLSoldier
10-04-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alcohol is supposed to taste like [censored] because it's a poison and it can kill you. Yes, you learn to like it. Anyone who tells you they always enjoyed the taste of any alcoholic drink is lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive liked beer ever since my dad used to give me little sips when I was a kid...or is that considered developing the taste...there was definately never a time when I didnt like it.

bernie
10-04-2005, 04:37 PM
For many, it's a developed taste.

Some develop it a little too much. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

b

jakethebake
10-04-2005, 04:39 PM
The first time was wine when I was probably like 4 and hated it. The next time was beer when i was a few years older, which I really liked. Is that developed? I doubt it.

bernie
10-04-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You develop a taste for it very quickly when you're having a first sip and all your friends are waiting to make fun of you when you grimmace.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's sooooo smooooth. hahaha

Love that jaegermeister ad.

b