PDA

View Full Version : ITM from Bubble %

10-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I recently saw some discussion in a thread about the ITM from Bubble %, but I can't find that thread now and I think it was a derailment from the original topic anyway.

Anyway, most people were saying they were below the 75% average, which I guess should not be that surprising considering how aggressive the 2+2 bubble style is. But over my last 88 bubbles--that is, ever since I started reading this forum and bought SNGPT and I think started playing aggressively on the bubble--I have made the money 85% from the bubble. This statistic has barely changed throughout that time. So while those ~200 tournaments is a very small sample for ROI, I'm not sure it's that small for bubble +/- (is it for ITM?)

Is this a sign of a problem with my game, or should I ignore it? My most frequent finish is 5th, followed closely by 1st (which sometimes surpasses it), and I rarely finish 4th (obviously). It could mean nothing--maybe I just play aggressively enough 5-handed that when someone has a too-wide calling range I either bust before the bubble or have a pretty large stack on the bubble. But I would be interested to know what a normal ITM from bubble % is, and possibly how often people finish 5th to see if there is a relationship with the ITM from bubble % there.

splashpot
10-04-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So while those ~200 tournaments is a very small sample for ROI, I'm not sure it's that small for bubble +/- (is it for ITM?)

[/ QUOTE ]
200 is still way too small for this. I'm pretty confident you won't be able to keep up 85%.

10-04-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So while those ~200 tournaments is a very small sample for ROI, I'm not sure it's that small for bubble +/- (is it for ITM?)

[/ QUOTE ]
200 is still way too small for this. I'm pretty confident you won't be able to keep up 85%.

[/ QUOTE ]

How small is 200 for ITM? I was under the impression that ITM converges much faster than ROI, and this seems fairly similar to ITM. But mainly what struck me was that it has remained pretty constant throughout that time.

Anyway, if the 2+2 style usually converges at say 70%, it seems like someone playing *badly* on the bubble could very easily get 80%. I'm not *trying* to maintain 85% from the bubble, I'm worried it's a sign I'm playing poorly.

beeyjay
10-04-2005, 01:12 AM
I think the part that is going to change hugely if you actually are at 80% is the fact that firsts will be your second or first highest place. If you're getting itm that often it just seems impossible that you aren't either sneaking into the money with a short ass stack or running extremely well...or most likely some combo of the 2. say you sneak in with 800 chips and the other two have 3000+ you double up twice and youre clowning them. this can easily happen a few too many times over 200 tourneys and throw anything resembling results.

basically showing bubble hands that you're questioning your aggressiveness on is a lot more productive than looking at the results of 200 tourneys.