PDA

View Full Version : $109 33 on bubble

Ogre
10-04-2005, 12:20 AM
I played this hand kinda weird. Usually I will push or fold preflop depending on read (usually fold). I decided to play a flop here, hows my line?

4 Players
Blinds 150/300

UTG: 1100
Button:2200
SB: 3500
Me: 3200
Dealt 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG folds
Button folds
SB min raises (to 600)
Hero calls (300)

T1200
6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks
Hero bets 900
SB pushes for 3k
Hero folds

bluefeet
10-04-2005, 12:32 AM
With shortie eating the blind next hand, pushing PF appears advantageous. No shame in folding either. With the call, I like the flop lead here, but I'd save 300 chips and fire t600 (splitting hairs, sure)...folding to the push.

Michael C.
10-04-2005, 04:05 AM
I don't like pushing here unless you have some read on villian and/or have seen him mini-raise before. I think I'd be too scared that he's mini-raising a premium pair if I didn't have a read. I don't think there's anything wrong with either folding or calling though, especially since you have the implied odds to draw for a set if you think he has a big hand and will risk most of his chips. I think this hand is just VERY read-dependant.

Deuce2High
10-04-2005, 04:15 AM
I have found myself (mistakenly) calling in situations like this to see a flop. I am really trying to get away from that and make all of my decisions preflop. This is a read/game dependant push. Sometimes I'll push, sometimes I'll fold.

bawcerelli
10-04-2005, 04:24 AM
why is it a 'mistake' to see a flop here? because of the blinds level? if the blinds were lower seeing a flop is fine correct?

bennies
10-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Because you don't flop trips often enough and you are oop.

Jason Strasser
10-04-2005, 05:58 AM
Shove it in there preflop.

-Jason

Hofzinser
10-04-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because you don't flop trips often enough and you are oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first part of this is true, the second part is not.

Michael C.
10-04-2005, 08:36 AM
I know you're a very good player, but have you played the 109s lately? A lot of players mini raise with premium pairs and would raise more with a lesser hand. Pushing could be right, but I think it's oversimplifying to just advise pushing without any kind of read.

Ogre
10-04-2005, 05:00 PM
I like pushing but i didnt really want to vs this particular player

10-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Why not use the 900 preflop to raise to 1200? If he shoves you fold and your in same position. I suspect your 900 bet after the flop was very transparent with that flop? He knows if your betting the 6 he will push you off and if you had 10 you would most certainly check to the raiser. He had position so call preflop and fold post or put your 900 in early.

schwza
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think this is worth the risk of bubbling? i'd call here, and i like folding better than calling.

Deuce2High
10-04-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think this is worth the risk of bubbling? i'd call here, and i like folding better than calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the shove, as well, in some situations. Basically, this is what it comes down to for me...

Decision A: Shove - I shove if the player is a decent player who has some sort of grasp of bubble play or who I know raises small with hands that he is prepared to fold on the bubble.

Decision B: Fold - I will fold (and I usually will) under these conditions: The SnG player is a thinking player and is minraising with a good hand hoping you will come over the top to put the pressure on him in this bubble scenario, or; The player is an idiot and will call you even with a bad hand.

Edit: And as a side note I think under almost all circumstances here calling is the worst play. This isn't really suported by any theory or math, just from what I have seen / experienced for myself.