PDA

View Full Version : Zoo/VP Tourney -- Final Thoughts

Acesover8s
05-20-2003, 12:11 AM
Dynamite Poker put on a great tourney. Thanks to everyone who organized it. After some initial struggles with getting everyone (or at least everyone who bothered) in, the tourney went off without a hitch.

The folks at Dynamite should look into slowing down the blind progression a bit. At the final table going from 750/1500 blinds to 1500/3000 turned the final 5 into a crapshoot.

Great play by most everyone involved. EdwardR being the notable exception. And, while Dynamite could be a crooked site due to the runner-runner royal flush that was dropped on me, at least they repaid the favor by giving me pocket KK 3 times. Once, unloaded on the unfortunate Granny.

Sadly, 1 VPer snuck into the money, but I'm certain that it was all luck. Dogballs played great the whole tourney coming back from almost all in several times. I propose that N1Stunnor donates his T-shirt to him as a consolation prize.

Question: Are we going to get any information on how many 2+2ers knocked out VPers, etc? And total number of bounties by each player? I think I got 6 or 7.

Props to Stunnor for taking me out in heads up limit holdem which I thought was my best game. And I hereby challenge him to a rematch on the site of his choosing. . .

Great fun was had. . .

Love,

n1stunnor
05-20-2003, 12:28 AM
Dogsballs-If you want the t-shirt it's yours.

Aces-Congrats to you,you played great.Tough break on that T9."How can you call".I bluffed and by the time the T hit the turn i had too much in and you had too little left for me to fold.That's heads-up,you understand.

As to your challenge,how about on Stars,Thursday 22nd at 5:00 eastern?

Instinct
05-20-2003, 01:10 AM
Congrats n1stunnor ... your AQ versus my JJ pretty much knocked me out of it and coming here and seeing that you won the whole thing is great !!
Great win!

Instinct

GrannyMae
05-20-2003, 01:36 AM
giving me pocket KK 3 times. Once, unloaded on the unfortunate Granny

nh
(puke)

Dogballs played great the whole tourney coming back from almost all in several times. I propose that N1Stunnor donates his T-shirt to him as a consolation prize.

even a guy with the nickname DOGSBALLS would likely burn a t-shirt worn by N1, so please ask dyna to mail directly and therefore cooty-free.

(gg stunnor, but stop stealing from granny you POS)

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb148.gif

n1stunnor
05-20-2003, 02:34 AM
LOL....

I never steal from you,i had legit hands.

n1stunnor
05-20-2003, 02:34 AM

shiloh
05-20-2003, 02:49 AM
Great Game to all of you who played, and N1 you play and excellent game. I am a new player but I had a ball.... and Granny it was me who got hit by your pocket KK with my TA hit the tens but the ace never happen... LOL

Had a great game glad to have had the chance to play with some of you. See you Wednesday Night game.

With respect,
Shiloh, aka Karen /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

edwardr
05-20-2003, 02:58 AM

Zander
05-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Very good idea Edward, I wanted to play the PL game too, see you all on Wednesday!

Looked like a lot of fun. Congrats N1stunner, great showing.

Z

BBill
05-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Well played Zoo !! and VP !!
wish I could have been there cya on Saturday

bbill

Graham
05-20-2003, 08:54 AM
gg all. Glad to see the Zoo stepped up and made a strong showing.
Watched Marijane playing tough on the final table, to keep te VP'ers interested. I guess the scoring is lowest is best.

dogsballs
05-20-2003, 09:26 AM
I'm ok for t-shirts, but if dynamite send you any good chewy treats, they'll be welcome...woof.

Great job stunnor and acesover. Good showing by Marijane to keep the VP railbirds there; she played pretty tough at the final table. I had one chance to eliminate her by putting her in when we were 5/6 handed and she had AQ, but my AK fell at the last hurdle when the board double-paired small by river. Apart from that and my elimination hand, I got a string of decent starting hands on the final table that mainly held up to keep me going.

dogs

RiverMel
05-20-2003, 09:32 AM
I had a lot of fun (until all my great hands early on were swiftly made irrelevant by 2 hands in a row at the higher blinds level), the highlights being knocking out 2 VPers on one hand and getting double bounties, as well as getting a third bounty while holding 6/forums/images/icons/heart.gif9/forums/images/icons/heart.gif. Yeah 69.

Anyway, I think Edward's idea is great: Open up the forthcoming events to everyone. I for one would love the opportunity to play in the rest of them.

dogsballs
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
I almost earned my ten bucks back by taking 3 scalps - 2 VP, one of ours I'm afraid...though that was kinda karma, since that damn catfish had been chewing my dogsballs all tourney long.

Great job stunnor and Aces. Inthacup made a quiet and unheralded money spot too - so props there too.

dogs

Inthacup
05-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Congrats to all. I enjoyed the tourney. Stunnor, several times you've said that you suck at limit tourneys, but I remember playing you at party a long time ago, and playing you last night confirmned my previous feeling about you. You are a much stronger player than you give yourself credit for(or admit in your posts).

Thanks to all who set the tourney up. For all those that didn't show(except Mike Haven)...kiss my a**. Fortunately, the VP guys took into account that some of our players weren't able to log in, so they didn't penalize us for the players that just didn't feel like waiting. I know there isn't a set number of players in the next two tourneys, so this won't be an issue then, but I encourage everyone to register a day in advance so that there are no last minute problems like there were last night. GO 2+2....I mean, GO ZOO(WHICH IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH 2+2!!!)

edwardr
05-20-2003, 11:45 AM

TruePoker CEO
05-20-2003, 03:24 PM
This is up to you all, it's your tourney.

For our part, just let Truepoker know in advance so we can set the tourney up for May 24.

Truepoker CEO

Jim Kuhn
05-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Would it be possible to have two codes? One for zoo members and another for vp members? That would make it easier for the site to differentiate/fairly seat the teams. Zoo = zoo/vp or zoo VP = vp/zoo or vp?