PDA

View Full Version : actual wins

MightyMouse
10-03-2005, 11:09 PM
i think it was peter gammons or rob neyer. they had a thing real record versus what it should have been based on runs scored and runs against. it was brought up a lot after washington nationals hot start. can anyone link me this i would appreciate it a lot thanks.

MightyMouse
10-03-2005, 11:21 PM
bump

craig r
10-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Wow, bumping after 12 minutes. Anyways, since you want an easy answer, go to espn.com and go to the mlb standing. click on "expanded" or something like that and the theorem will be at the bottom.

craig

DougOzzzz
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
BP's Adjusted standings (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/standings.php)

1st order wins are based on RS-RA only. 2nd order wins estimate how many RS-RA the team SHOULD have had based on their statistics. 3rd order wins adjust for the schedule strength.

MightyMouse
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
looked like it worked. ty very much though. i am right, smallball does win games afterall.

DougOzzzz
10-03-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looked like it worked. ty very much though. i am right, smallball does win games afterall.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you are. Thats why the Red Sox have won more games than they should have. All of those stolen bases and sacrifice hits have really paid off for them.